After a truck accident, you might be feeling scared, angry, overwhelmed, or all of the above. If trying to handle a lawsuit on your own seems like more than you can handle right now. Let an Andrew tractor-trailer accident lawyer do all the hard work while you focus on your recovery. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 so that we can get started.
Truck Accidents Can Lead to Severe Injury, Death, and High Expenses
The Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation (CART) collected data in 2019 and found that large trucks and busses were involved in 2,746 injury crashes and 108 fatal crashes. These numbers represent a decrease in the number of truck-related injury crashes and an increase in the number of fatal crashes since 2018.
This is not the only way a tractor-trailer accident can affect your life. Accident victims are too often burdened with medical bills and other expenses. CART also reports that severe accident injuries in Louisiana cost a total of $418,649 in 2019. Fatalities were even more expensive.
Being in a truck accident—whether you were hit directly, sideswiped, or forced off the road by an out-of-control tractor-trailer—can take a devastating toll on you and your family. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you fight for the money you need. Call us at (337) 777-7777 to schedule a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accident lawyer serving Andrew, call (337) 777-7777
You May Qualify for Compensation
You might have suffered physically, emotionally, and financially because of your accident. So, it is understandable why you would want to sue for all of these types of damages. Physical and emotional injuries fall under non-economic damages, while financial losses fall under economic damages.
Keep in mind that your ability to collect damages may be affected by your role in the accident. As written in the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2323, claimants who are deemed to be partly responsible for the crash may still receive damages, but not as much as if they were not responsible at all.
While physical and psychological injuries, which are considered non-economic damages, are often the hardest to deal with, they can also be difficult to calculate properly. A lawyer may assist you in assigning dollar amounts to noneconomic damages, such as the following:
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries caused physical pain or emotional trauma.
- Disability: Your injuries have permanently impacted your physical and/or intellectual abilities.
- Disfigurement: You will have to live with scars from your injuries for the rest of your life.
- Loss of society: You lost a loved one in the crash, so you can no longer rely on them for support, comfort, and guidance.
Economic damages—i.e., your financial losses related to the accident—may include things like the following:
- Medical bills: Your injuries required or continue to require any sort of professional treatment.
- Repair bills: You had to fix or replace your car or pay for alternative modes of transportation while your car was being repaired.
- Loss of wages: You stayed home from work or worked light duty while your injuries healed.
- Loss of earning capacity: Your wounds are serious enough that you will never earn and/or work as much as before.
You Must Quantify Your Damages
It is not enough to simply say that the crash caused you physical, emotional, or financial damage. You must ask for a specific dollar amount that represents the losses you have suffered. This is not always easy, especially when it comes to the noneconomic damages, as you might not have as much tangible evidence as you would for financial expenses. To get help with this and every other aspect of your lawsuit, speak with your legal team.
Andrew Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
An Attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Lawsuits can get complicated. There may be more than one liable party for you to identify, find, and notify about the lawsuit. The liable party’s insurance company may not want to pay the amount you need. The entire process can take months, and there is no guarantee you will get any money in the end.
An Andrew tractor-trailer accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers would be happy to assume all responsibilities related to your lawsuit. They can help you in your fight for compensation in the following ways:
- Finding liable parties: By conducting a thorough investigation, your lawyer may be able to identify the party or parties responsible for your crash and prove that their actions caused your injuries.
- Filing your lawsuit: To officially start your lawsuit, we can notify the liable parties on your behalf. We can also handle any other paperwork that comes up throughout the course of your lawsuit.
- Negotiating for compensation: Sitting down with an insurance company to plead your case can be intimidating. Let your lawyer handle the big meetings on your behalf.
- Going to court: If necessary, we can represent you at trial to fight for the compensation you need.
- Advising you throughout: How much compensation should you ask for? Should you settle or go to court? Your lawyer can advise you as you make these critical decisions.
If money is a concern for you right now, just know that our services will cost you nothing upfront. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we only charge attorney’s fees if we successfully recover compensation for you.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we see the consequences of truck accidents on a regular basis. An Andrew tractor-trailer accident lawyer from our firm can ease your burden by fighting for the compensation you need. Contact our office at (337) 777-7777 for a free case assessment.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form