If you or a loved one was involved in a big rig accident in Andrew, Louisiana, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you file a lawsuit and fight for financial compensation. Call us at (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. An Andrew big rig accident lawyer can lead your case as you navigate the litigation process and offer advice throughout your legal journey.
Truck Accidents Can Have Fatal Consequences
Louisiana State University’s Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation reports that 15.9% of all fatal crashes in 2019 involved a large truck or a bus. That same year, 6.2% of all injury crashes involved a large truck or a bus.
Why do large truck accidents so often lead to fatalities? One reason is that trucks are much larger than regular motor vehicles. If a big rig or another type of truck collides with a passenger vehicle, the people in the passenger vehicle are more likely to suffer worse consequences than the truck driver. This is supported by data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), which found that, in 82% of all fatal large truck accidents in 2018, the truck occupants were not the ones killed.
If you were in a truck accident, it may affect your physical health, mental health, and finances. Both the accident and your injuries may have psychological ramifications, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Also, your injuries might cost you a lot of money, both by generating extra bills and by keeping you home from work.
If you are struggling to pay bills or make ends meet after suffering injuries in a truck accident, you may be able to pursue financial compensation to cover these costs. You can work with an Andrew big rig accident lawyer to build your personal injury claim or lawsuit. They can help protect your rights and speak on your behalf during negotiations or court hearings. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 so that our legal team can get started.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Andrew, call 337-221-9907
You May Be Entitled to Collect Damages
As part of your lawsuit, you will have to itemize the negative physical, financial, and emotional effects of the crash and ask for a specific amount of money for each one. This may involve looking at the totals on accident-related bills, estimating how much you would have earned over time if you were not injured, and factoring costs of new services you now have to pay for because of your injuries, such as lawn care.
Below is a brief overview of the kinds of damages you might be able to recover.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Whether you are filing a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit, you may qualify for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate you for financial harm. If you lost or were compelled to spend money because of the accident, you may qualify for economic damages. Some examples include:
- Repair expenses: These damages may include the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
- Funeral expenses: These damages may include money you spent honoring your loved one’s final wishes if they passed away because of the accident.
- Loss of wages: This type of damage takes into account the money you would have earned had you not been forced to stay home to recover from your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: This type of damage occurs when you cannot earn as much money as you did before the accident because of your injuries.
Noneconomic damages compensate you for physical and mental harm. If you were injured in the crash, you may qualify for non-economic damages, even if your injuries were temporary or remain permanent. Some examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage covers the physical and psychological toll that the accident had on you.
- Permanent disability: Any life-altering injury that affects your physical abilities may be included in your damages.
- Disfigurement or scarring: This type of damage may include permanent marks left by your injuries that affect your range of motion or self-image.
- Loss of society or companionship: This type of damage may occur after a wrongful death, in that your loved one’s death has deprived you of their presence and affection.
Andrew Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
You Do Not Have to Fight for Compensation Alone
Handling a lawsuit without legal representation can be difficult for anyone, let alone someone still recovering from a big rig accident. The liable party’s insurance company may have one or more attorneys representing them. To prepare yourself, you may want to hire an attorney to help build your case and represent you during negotiations or hearings.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can shoulder your burden and take care of all legal aspects of your case, such as:
- Launching an investigation: We may find out who is responsible for your accident (e.g., the truck driver, the trucking company, or a third-party driver) and gather evidence to prove it.
- Filing a lawsuit: We can notify the liable party or parties on your behalf and handle other communications between you and them.
- Negotiating a settlement: If the insurance company does not offer you adequate compensation right away, we will fight for it. If they offer a settlement, we can make sure it is fair and does not require you to give up any of your rights.
- Going to court: If necessary, we are willing to take the liable party to court to get the money you need. This often involves submitting evidence and questioning witnesses before a jury, among other things.
- Explaining your options: We keep you updated about important developments in your case and advise you about what your next steps should be. If you ever have questions, just pick up the phone and ask.
- Deferring our fees: We work on a contingency-fee-basis. Put simply, you do not owe us our attorney’s fees unless you win compensation. If we cannot get money for you, then you do not have to pay us for our services.
Still not sure if hiring a lawyer is best for you? Want to know more before making your decision? Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777. We can talk about your case at no cost to you. If you decide to work with us, we can assign you an Andrew big rig accident lawyer to help you pursue compensation and potentially recover your losses. Call today.