If you or a loved one were injured in a fuel truck accident caused by another party’s negligence in Andrew, Louisiana, you may have options to pursue compensation.
An Andrew fuel truck accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. In this type of case, the potentially recoverable damages may include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Give Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers a call at (337) 777-7777 to find out more in a free, no-obligation case review with a member of our team. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments necessary.
Potential Causes of Truck Accidents
Driving is not always easy, especially for those who drive a large truck for a living. The truck driver must concentrate on both their own vehicle and the surrounding environment, including the vehicles moving in and out of their blind spots. They must maintain that concentration for long stretches at a time, often while under pressure to meet deadlines and work quotas. Even a moment’s distraction or a single wrong decision can lead to disaster.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some dangerous driving behaviors that can lead to accidents include:
- Speeding: where a driver disregards the posted speed limit or drives too fast for the circumstances (e.g., they do not reduce speed despite thick fog).
- Distracted driving: cell phones, the radio, and even food and drink can provide brief but fatal distractions.
- Impaired driving: drinking alcohol or taking drugs before getting behind the wheel is never a good idea. Even a properly administered, prescribed drug can affect a driver’s judgment, concentration, or reaction time.
- Drowsy driving: whether brought on by a drug or by a truck driver’s long work hours, sleepiness can make driving more challenging—and more dangerous.
Other accident causes can include violations of traffic laws or mechanical failures. If another party’s dangerous or negligent actions caused your accident, they may be liable for your damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can examine your fuel truck crash and identify the liable party when we represent you. If you believe that another party’s negligence was the cause of your accident, call us today at (337) 777-7777. A member of our team can provide you with a free initial consultation on your case and your legal options during this call.
For a free legal consultation with a fuel truck accident lawyer serving Andrew, call (337) 777-7777
Compensation that May Be Available
If your accident cost you physical or mental health, financial stability, or even the life of a loved one, you may qualify for compensation.
In a personal injury case, the potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Medical bills: for those who went to the ER, had tests done, went to physical therapy, needed a prescription, and so on
- Repair bills: for those whose motor vehicle was damaged enough to require repairs or replacement
- Loss of wages or benefits: for those who lost income because their injuries prevented them from working
- Pain and suffering: for those who experienced any type of physical or psychological distress related to the accident
- Disability: for those whose injuries cost them the use of an organ, limb, sense, or any other body part or function
- Loss of quality of life: for those whose injuries prevent them from taking care of themselves or otherwise living as they want to
In a medical malpractice case, the potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Pre-death medical care
- Burial and funeral costs
- Loss of wages
- Loss of guidance
Andrew Fuel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Want to Help
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you fight for compensation. When we work together on your case, an Andrew fuel truck accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you in the following ways:
Conducting an Investigation
To persuade the liable party’s insurance company that you qualify for compensation, you may have to show that the party you are suing is at least partially responsible for your crash. Your lawyer can look for evidence to prove your claims, including:
- Your medical records
- Police reports or records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Surveillance footage
- Complaints against the trucking company
- And more
Filling out forms is never the most interesting part of a lawsuit, but it is usually necessary. Your lawyer can handle the paperwork for you so that you do not have to worry about missing a deadline or filling out something incorrectly. In the event that your case goes to trial, your lawyer can also submit all evidence to the court in a timely manner.
After filing your insurance claim and/or lawsuit, your lawyer can meet with representatives from the insurance company to negotiate for a settlement on your behalf.
If the insurance company does not agree to a fair settlement offer, we can take your case to trial. Your lawyer can schedule the trial and continue fighting for you in the courtroom.
Working on a Contingency-Fee-Basis
Are you worried about how hiring a lawyer may affect your finances? You do not have to be. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that unless we get you compensation via a settlement offer or court award, you do not have to pay us any attorney fees.
If your lawyer cannot get compensation for you, then you do not have to pay them for their labor.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
An Andrew fuel truck accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to handle all of the legal work and communications in your case while you focus on your recovery.
Do not wait long if you are considering taking legal action for your injuries. Per Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, there is a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in Louisiana.
To discuss the possibility of working with us on your case, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777. A member of our team is standing by to evaluate your case at no cost and no obligation to you.