There is no such thing as a professional rideshare driver. They’re human, just like everyone else. When they make errors that lead to serious collisions, you can pursue compensation. Yet, wrangling damages from Uber or Lyft can quickly get confusing.
If you suffered harm in a rideshare accident, our lawyers are ready to uphold your legal rights. A Duson rideshare accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can file your claim, calculate your losses, and pursue what you need. Learning your options begins with a free case review.
Louisiana Has a Short Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits
CC Art. 3492 notes that you generally have one year to file your lawsuit. Your filing period begins from the date you or a loved one suffered harm. If you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, the same deadline applies. Yet, the deadline begins from the date of your loved one’s passing–– and not from the date of their accident.
The Louisiana court system has enough civil cases on its plate. To keep matters moving, it does not hear cases filed outside the one-year deadline. By partnering with our team, you can ensure your case follows all necessary deadlines. This will preserve your right to damages if negotiations fall through.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Duson, call (337) 777-7777
We Will Identify and Pursue Your Rideshare Accident-Related Damages in Duson
While evaluating your situation (and what you can recover), our team will ask these questions:
- What injuries did you suffer? How long will you need medical care?
- Will your injuries prevent you from attending work?
- Has your condition negatively affected your mental health?
- Did you contribute to the accident?
- How many parties were involved?
- Did you lose a loved one?
Once we have answers, we can pursue recovery for:
- Pain and suffering
- Healthcare costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Childcare costs
- Temporary transportation services
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Every situation comes with its own set of recoverable damages. You can learn more about pursuing compensation by connecting with our personal injury team.
Duson Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Lawyers Will Manage Everything Your Case Requires
We’re not kidding when we say that our law firm will handle everything your case entails. You don’t even have to answer the insurance company’s phone calls. We want you to focus on recovering from your condition and putting this stressful time behind you.
To seek the best possible outcome, we will render various legal services, including:
- Evaluating your injuries
- Collecting and submitting evidence
- Helping you understand your legal rights
- Filing legal papers within the statute of limitations
- Estimating your court costs
- Taking care of filing fees
- Attending court on your behalf
- Determining the value of your medical expenses
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance providers
We offer all of these services (among others) on a contingency-fee basis. So, you don’t pay a dime until we resolve your case.
Who Should Pay for My Losses?
Liability in your case depends on how your accident happened. For instance, if you were hurt as a rideshare passenger, you could seek compensation by filing a claim. The policyholder would either be the rideshare driver or the rideshare company.
Pursuing compensation from rideshare companies can get complicated for many reasons. Namely, Uber and Lyft do not consider drivers to be employees. They do this to avoid liability for any accidents that happen “on the clock.”
Still, if you suffered harm, you don’t have to sort out issues of liability on your own. That’s your Duson lawyer’s job. We will use evidence to determine who should pay for your losses and go from there.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Love Partnering with Us
The best spokespeople for our firm are our clients. When asked about their experience, people describe us as friendly, knowledgeable, and committed. Particularly, some have shared:
- “Mrs. Carolina Rogers & Mrs. Larke Landry are wonderful. They genuinely care, answers all of my questions quickly through text messages or phone calls of anything I’m confused on, sets up any appointments very quickly, handles everything for me where I don’t have to worry much… This is my 1st time experiencing an accident of 20yrs of driving, so I was pretty shaken up a bit. I highly recommend Laborde Earles to anyone who was in a car accident.” ––L.P.
- “Dealing with an accident is never a pleasant experience. Compound that with the uncertainty of ongoing lingering effects and trying to address all of the insurance dealings, it can lead to a great deal of stress. I am so thankful for the aid Larke Landry of Laborde Earles has offered. From the first conversation, I felt reassured that I had someone in my corner. She patiently explained my insurance coverage and the steps that needed to be taken to ensure nothing about my case falls through the cracks.” ––T.C.
What Should I Do After My Rideshare Accident in Duson?
After your collision, we recommend getting medical care as soon as possible. Keep records of the treatment you received, as well as the names of your doctors.
We also suggest keeping all communications between yourself and your legal team. Social media does not need to know about your collision. Anything you share could be admitted as evidence later on that could hurt your case.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Are you interested in pursuing legal action after a rideshare accident in Duson? Our team is ready to uphold your rights and advocate for what you need. Don’t let the other party blame you for the accident—and don’t let the insurer intimidate you, either.
We’re here to bring your case to a fair conclusion, even if that means suing the rideshare company. To begin your free case review, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now.