Have you suffered serious or debilitating injuries in a work-related accident? Will your injuries cause you to miss time from work? If so, you may wonder whether you have legal options.
Thankfully, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits which could help keep your family afloat. Today, you can consult with a Leesville workers’ compensation lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for free. We can discuss your case and pursue an appropriate course of action.
Common Misconceptions About Workers’ Compensation in Leesville
Many work injury victims have concerns regarding workers’ compensation benefits in Leesville. For example, an employee may worry that they do not qualify for benefits. Others may have concerns about fault.
Here are some misconceptions we want to clear up:
You Must Work for Your Employer for a Certain Period Before You Get Benefits
Wrong. According to the Louisiana Workforce Commission, you qualify for benefits from the moment you start work. Some employers do not have to offer benefits, however. The terms of your employment could state whether you have workers’ compensation coverage.
You Can’t Pursue Damages if You Caused the Accident
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. It doesn’t matter whether you contributed to your accident. As long as you weren’t intoxicated or engaging in “horseplay,” you can generally seek benefits.
You Can Pursue Workers’ Compensation if You Suffered Any Injury
You must have suffered an injury that will put you out of work for at least seven days. Then, you may start receiving benefits. You generally cannot pursue damages if you suffered a scrape or bruise at work. Yet, matters change if you suffered a broken arm or a traumatic brain injury.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can clear up other misconceptions about workers’ compensation during your free case review. You can also explore partnering with our team in Leesville.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Leesville, call (337) 777-7777
Your Lawyer Will Manage All Aspects of the Claims Process for You
Dealing with the insurance company is one of the most difficult aspects of the workers’ compensation claims process. Even though you expect the insurance company to be on your side, the truth may alarm you.
Insurance companies lose money by settling workers’ compensation claims. In fact, insurance companies make money by selling claims and minimizing payouts.
When you partner with our workers’ compensation team, we will protect you against these tactics:
- The insurance company blames you for the accident. As noted, workers’ compensation is a no-fault-based system. Your role in the accident generally does not come into account when pursuing benefits.
- The insurance company demands evidence. We will investigate your injury and present the insurer with evidence of your losses. This may include medical records, eyewitness testimony, and video footage. We want to prove that because you suffered harm on the job, you deserve damages.
- The insurance company denies your claim. The insurance company cannot deny your claim without a valid reason. Our team can review the reason for your application’s denial and implement an appropriate course of legal action.
- The insurance company offers less than you need. You deserve compensation for your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages after getting hurt. Our team can evaluate your situation and pursue what you need for your past, present, and future losses.
We Can Help You Appeal a Denied Workers’ Compensation Claim
Pursuing an appeal can feel intimidating. Yet, when you partner with our workers’ compensation team serving Leesville, we can appeal a denial. We can do this by:
- Reviewing the reason for your application’s denial
- Investigating your case and using evidence to support your side of the story
- Managing all communications with the involved parties, including the liable insurer
- Identifying the cause of your accident
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance practices
- Evaluating the extent of your losses
Leesville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Can Determine if You Can File a Third-Party Claim or Lawsuit
If you suffered harm due to negligence, you can pursue benefits beyond workers’ compensation coverage. For instance, if you were hurt in a collision caused by a drunk driver while working, you can file a workers’ compensation claim and an injury lawsuit.
Your personal injury lawyer can manage both processes while you focus on recovering from your condition. Through a third-party claim, you can pursue damages not covered by workers’ compensation, such as pain and suffering and inconvenience.
Click to contact our Leesville Personal Injury Lawyers today
Workers’ Compensation Could Yield These Benefits in Leesville
The amount of workers’ compensation benefits you can collect varies considerably based on the details of your case. Some parties may be entitled to certain types of workers’ compensation benefits that others are not.
Benefits in your case could comprise:
- Disability benefits
- Supplemental income benefits
- Medical benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits
- Catastrophic injury benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Death benefits
We can explain what types of benefits you can recover during our partnership.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Advocate for People Hurt in These On-the-Job Incidents
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has decades of legal experience advocating for injured people. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in workers’ compensation benefits. We advocate for people who have suffered these work-related incidents:
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bulldozer accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Being struck by falling objects
- Ground and building collapses
- Scaffold accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Accidents caused by malfunctioning equipment and defective machinery
If you suffered another incident not listed above, you might still have grounds for a claim. Our team can evaluate your situation and explain what course of legal action could benefit you.
Meet With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Leesville
Pursuing workers’ compensation benefits can feel time-consuming and frustrating. If you’re having problems getting the benefits you need, connect with our injury team serving Leesville.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to advocate for you now. Call us to begin your free case review.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form