Plants and refineries supply much-needed products and services and are sources of employment for local communities. However, these workplaces are fraught with potential dangers. If you or a loved one was injured in an explosion caused by negligence, our plant and refinery explosion lawyer will fight for financial recovery for you and your family.
At Laborde Earles, we represent injured workers, vendors, and others who have suffered harm in an explosion. If we take your case, we will investigate what happened, identify the at-fault party, and explain the steps we will take to build the strongest possible case for you. All you need to do is focus on your recovery.
Causes of Plant and Refinery Explosions
Explosions in chemical plants can have a variety of causes, and uncovering one can take weeks, even months, of research and investigation.
Commonly reported causes of explosions include:
- Fires and sparks that cannot be controlled
- Improperly maintained boilers, furnaces, and wells
- Improperly stored chemicals or flammable materials
- Corrosive, dirty, and misidentified chemicals
- Violations of OSHA safety standards and regulations
- Poorly trained employees and supervisors
Leave the investigation to our personal injury lawyer. We can interview your coworkers and other witnesses and obtain reports on equipment and other potential explosion causes. We stop at nothing to identify the explosion’s cause, the at-fault party, and their insurer.
Common Injuries From Industrial Explosions
Victims of fires and explosions, especially on an industrial level, can be left with catastrophic injuries. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research, injuries explosion victims can sustain include:
- Facial damage and other disfiguring injuries
- Severe organ damage and internal injuries
- Traumatic amputation and surgical amputations
- Serious cuts, scrapes, lacerations, and bruises
- Immediate and corrosive lung damage
- Potentially permanent vision and hearing loss
- Head, neck, skull, and brain injuries
If we accept your injury case, we can collect medical records and bills from every healthcare professional and facility where you have or will receive treatment. This way, we can substantiate your claim for injuries against the other party.
How Plants and Refineries Affect Their Surrounding Communities
Employees and vendors who are in and out of plants and refineries on a regular, sometimes daily, basis are not the only ones affected by it. Individuals and families within the community might also experience:
- Healthcare challenges due to chemical exposure
- Dangerously high exposure to lead in children
- Risks of pre-mature birth due to lead exposure
- Air, water, noise, odor, soil, and air pollution
In addition to these potential daily risks, a fire or explosion in a plant or refinery can damage local homes and businesses and expose nearby residents to physical and psychological harm.
How We Define Liability for Plant and Refinery Explosions
To recover fair compensation, we must prove that the other party owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and caused your accident and damages. This party could be one or more of the following:
- The plant or refinery
- Third-party vendors
- Equipment manufacturers
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Plant, refinery, and materials vendors
Once we define liability and determine who to pursue for financial recovery, we may demand compensation for:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated lost income
- Loss of future earning ability
- Lasting disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages, where warranted
Every case has its own value, so we will carefully assess your recoverable damages. For a recent client injured in a chemical plant explosion, the plant offered him nothing more than workers’ comp. Our plant and refinery explosion lawyer at Laborde Earles fought for him and recovered $42 million in damages.
How Industrial Plants Can Prevent Explosions
Industrial facilities like plants and refineries require careful maintenance to create a safe work environment by:
- Adhering to OSHA’s safety mandates
- Properly training and supervising employees
- Properly maintaining and repairing equipment
- Carefully vetting all vendors and suppliers
- Properly storing and labeling chemicals
- Regular and proper facility cleaning
- Ongoing facility repair and maintenance
Our legal team will review your case for free and conduct an independent investigation into the facility and its safety procedures.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Plant and Refinery Explosion Attorney
If our legal team accepts your case, we can listen to your version of events with compassion and understanding. We will explain your rights and your employer’s obligations and the strategy we may develop to recover damages for you.
Our attorneys can also:
- Obtain medical and other relevant reports
- Draft and file your insurance claim or court case
- Handle all case-related paperwork and communication
- Collect, organize, and submit your evidence file
- Interview coworkers and other lay witnesses
- Calculate the amount of compensation you can recover
- Create and send a demand letter and negotiate a settlement
Our law firm accepts plant and refinery explosion cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only receive our payment after we recover compensation for you.
Five-Star Reviews for Laborde Earles
Our entire team works hard to treat you like a client, not a case file. When previous clients talk about our service and support, they say the following in online reviews:
- Evelyn Pitre: Larke Landry is a great person to discuss your accident case with at Laborde Earles. She…does a great job explaining the ins and outs of hiring an attorney to represent you…[and]…puts you at ease…so you…can move forward with your healing. Definitely feel satisfied that we went to Laborde Earle.
- Kristie Venable: My daughter Shailyn Brown went in to speak to Ms. Lark and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was understood and comfortable…Very professional and everyone that came into contact with us in that office was very, very polite.
Browse our testimonials page to hear from additional clients about our passionate pursuit of financial compensation for injury victims.
Get Help With Your Plant and Refinery Explosion Case Now
If you or someone you love was injured in a recent plant and refinery explosion, our plant and refinery explosion attorney will go to bat for you. We can investigate your case, assess your monetary damages, and demand fair and appropriate financial compensation.
Contact Laborde Earles for a free case review today.