Even if the liable party has no insurance, you can recover monetary compensation to help you pay medical bills, make up for lost wages, and much more. Recovering outside of a liability claim will be filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
However, there are challenges associated with suing an uninsured party. A personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you navigate those challenges.
Your Accident May Entitle You to Compensation
Personal injury accidents can cost you your health, financial stability, and even the life of a loved one. You have the right to sue the party or parties responsible for your collision. The damages you sue for will fall into two categories.
If you experienced any physical or emotional distress because of your accident, you may be able to collect non-economic damages. Such damages include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering, for those who suffered physical or psychological anguish as a result of their injuries
- Disability, for those who will never regain the full range of physical or intellectual capabilities they had before
- Scarring or disfigurement, for those whose physical appearance was permanently altered by their accident injuries
- Reduced quality of life, for those who now need assistance with basic activities or who can no longer live independently
Economic damages will cover the money you lost because of your accident. You could qualify for these types of damages if you suffered financial hardship due to:
- Loss of wages, if you had to take days, weeks, or longer away from work to recover
- Loss of earning capacity, if you are no longer able to earn or work as much as you used to
- Medical expenses, if your injuries were severe enough to require treatment from a doctor, dentist, surgeon, psychologist, etc.
- Miscellaneous expenses, if you had to hire additional help (e.g., a housekeeper or a landscaper) to manage household chores
Let a Personal Injury Lawyer Evaluate Your Case for Free and Help You Calculate Damages
Insurance is often a legal prerequisite for engaging in certain activities. For example, all Louisiana car owners must purchase liability insurance, as stated on page 4 of the auto insurance guide from the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI). Unfortunately, not everyone obeys these important laws.
While it may be more difficult to recover compensation from an uninsured liable party, it is not impossible. A personal injury lawyer from our firm could help you seek damages by:
- Evaluating your case for free: Our firm can tell you if your case is viable in one fast, free, no-obligation phone call.
- Calculating your damages: Your attorney will make sure you ask for the maximum possible amount.
- Finding corroborating evidence: To back up your claims, your lawyer will seek witness statements, medical records, and other evidence.
- Filing paperwork: Lawsuits involve sending forms, notifications, and evidence to the right people at the right times.
- Pursuing compensation: Some cases resolve at the negotiating table; others go to court. Wherever your case ends up, your attorney will be there to fight on your behalf.
- Keeping you updated: Your lawyer will let you know if and when something happens and when you need to make a decision about your case’s future.
In addition to performing these services, we make ourselves more affordable by deferring our attorney’s fees until the very end. This fee arrangement is called working on a contingent basis; you only have to pay when you get your money. If we cannot recover compensation for you, then you do not owe us any attorney’s fees.
It Is Best to Start Your Lawsuit Sooner Rather Than Later
Per CC §3492, you generally have up to one year from the date of the accident to begin a personal injury lawsuit. This deadline applies to many types of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice or defective drugs
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
Get started as quickly as possible after an accident to protect your right to sue. Doing so will also provide time to fully investigate your case, gather time-sensitive evidence and testimony, and build a strong lawsuit. Whether you need to file a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit, a lawyer from our team can help you go after the money that you and your family need.
Contact Our Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today to Start Working on Your Case
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers proudly serves clients throughout Louisiana. We would be happy to help you recover compensation, even if the liable party has no insurance. Previous clients like Cory Riche have praised us for providing legal representation “with true professionalism and compassion,” because we care about physical and financial recovery.
Let us offer the same compassionate services to you in your time of need. Call our main office for a free case review. We can take your call day or night.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form