A lawyer who works based on contingency fees takes a percentage of your settlement at the end of your case, which is often around one-third of your settlement, per the American Bar Association (ABA).
One advantage of a percentage-based, contingency-fee agreement is that your interests are aligned with your legal team’s. We can represent you based on contingency.
How Contingency Fees Work
Some lawyers work based on hourly rates or retainers, but contingency fees don’t involve any hourly or upfront payments. Working based on contingency means that:
- You don’t pay any out-of-pocket costs to get started with a case.
- You only pay us if we win your case.
- If we don’t win your case, you don’t have to pay us for our work.
- This percentage-based contingency fee is agreed upon at the outset of your case.
The Benefits of a Contingency Arrangement
One of the reasons why this fee structure is advantageous is that our interests are aligned with yours. Because we only win if you do, we have every reason to work hard for favorable results.
Also, this structure entails minimal financial risk to you. You don’t have to pay your lawyer thousands of dollars in hourly fees even if they don’t win your case. We will only take payment for cases we win.
Working with a Lawyer on Your Case Can Improve Your Odds of Winning
You may be considering how our team’s help will benefit your case and if the results are worth the contingency fee payment. Keep in mind the following reasons why you may want to work with our team:
We Can Help You Seek Every Dollar Available to You
We want you to seek every form of compensation available to you, which may include:
- Past and anticipated medical bills, including the cost of emergency care, surgeries, doctor’s visits, specialist’s visits, physical therapy, medications, and more
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity, if your injuries keep you from working or limit your earning potential in the future
- Pain and suffering, reflecting the physical pain of your injuries and other life challenges
When you do not know how much compensation is fair for your case in these categories, you may be leaving money on the table if you represent yourself. We can help ensure that you seek the fairest settlement possible.
We Can Protect You from Unfair Insurance Practices
Your personal injury case may involve an auto accident or a slip and fall. No matter what led to your injury, it’s likely that you’ll be dealing with an insurance claim as part of the process.
To seek full and fair compensation from an insurer, we will do the following for you:
- Gather compelling evidence of your injuries and the other party’s responsibility for your losses
- Negotiate for a fair settlement based on this evidence
- Take your case to court, if necessary to seek a fair result
We will Ensure Your Case Complies with State Laws
Your case could be affected by Louisiana laws such as:
- CC §3492, which sets a limit on the time you have to file an injury lawsuit (one year after the accident)
- CC §2323, which defines how comparative fault works in Louisiana
If you share some degree of fault for an accident, we can work to show that the other driver was primarily responsible. If you need to file a lawsuit, we will work to do so within the statute of limitations.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Can Handle
Whether you were injured because of a defective medical device, a careless property owner’s slippery floor, or a negligent vehicle driver, we can work to prove the other party was responsible.
We can help you with the following injury case types:
- Bicycle accidents
- Vehicle crashes, such as car, motorcycle, and truck accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective devices
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
- Dangerous drugs
- Maritime injury
- Mass torts
Past Clients Attest to Our Fight for Fair Compensation
Though there will be some percentage of your settlement that goes to our lawyers for their services, keep in mind that we will work hard to win as much as we can for you.
Our case results for past clients include:
- $2.7 million for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $5 million for a paralyzed driver
- $1.2 million for a motorcycle accident victim
- $400,000 for a surgeon who left an object inside a patient
We have won over $200 million for our clients, and we can get to work on your case today.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you don’t have to pay anything to get started with your case—even for the initial consultation. Speak with someone from our team about your story and ask us more about what options you have to move forward today.
Call us today to learn more in a free consultation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form