Knowing who to sue for compensation after a rideshare accident is complicated when the collision involves a rideshare company. You can sue an Uber driver if you’re injured in an accident and the driver was off duty. Additional circumstances of the accident can also lead you to seek compensation from the driver or their insurer. When we represent you, we will clarify the correct party to pursue.
We collect evidence that helps us make this determination and ensure your lawsuit is filed on time, so there is no risk of dismissal. Our personal injury team also helps define your injuries, prove their value, document your income loss, and assign a value to your pain and suffering.
Understand How Uber’s Insurance Policy Works
When you or a loved one pursue financial compensation after an accident in an Uber vehicle, the driver is protected in one of three ways:
- Their own insurance policy could be enforced if the driver is offline and at fault for the accident
- Their Uber insurance may be enforced if the driver is on duty and awaiting a ride request
- Their Uber insurance may be enforced if the driver is enroute to pick up a passenger or is actively transporting one
If Uber insurance kicks in, their coverage limitations include the following third-party liability coverage – $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury compensation, and $25,000 per accident in property damage compensation. It can also include up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability insurance as well as coverage for an at-fault uninsured or underinsured driver. The same limitations apply if your accident was caused by an Uber delivery versus a rideshare driver.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Economic and Non-Economic Damages We Help You Recover
On our verdicts and settlements page, you can see examples of monetary awards we won for previous clients. When we seek compensation for you, we request economic, or tangible, expenses and non-economic, or intangible, damages including:
- Current, future, and ongoing medical care
- Current, future, and ongoing income loss
- Travel expenses to and from treatments
- In-home medical and domestic support
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
If a family member is fatally injured in an Uber accident, please accept our deepest condolences. You may also request compensation for your loss of consortium, companionship, society, and guidance in addition to the costs of their funeral and burial.
Let us handle the at-fault driver and the insurance company for you. Our team will take care of all claim forms, requests for information, and evidence submission. When we represent you, all you have to focus on is getting better.
We Make Sure Your Potential Lawsuit is Filed on Time
Your personal injury case is likely to settle out of court – most do. We file your lawsuit for you to protect your ability to seek compensation at trial if an appropriate settlement offer is never made. In Louisiana, you generally have:
- One year to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to CC Art. 3492
- One year to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to CC Art. 2315.2
Filing your lawsuit on time is critical because failing to do so could mean you lose the right to file it at all. If you file your lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired, the at-fault driver’s insurer or Uber’s insurer will request its immediate dismissal. This request is likely to be granted and you will be left with no legal avenue for compensation.
See How Hard We Fought for These Clients
Every client we represent is important to everyone on our team. After fighting for financial compensation for these clients, they said:
- “Very sweet & continuously keeps you updated on case, will make sure you also get what you DESERVE! Very satisfied with services!!” – Alexiss Shinholster
- “I greatly appreciate Digger and the team. They support veterans and do what they say they are going to do. These guys are winners.” – John Berry
- “I was very impressed with the attention and professionalism of this law firm and staff…Highly recommend Laborde Earles!” – Chloe B
- “The entire Laborde Earles team did their absolute best to ensure that I was taken care of. They helped me through every step of the way.” – Avery Ardoin
- “Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers were so helpful. They were easy to work with and always kept us well informed.” – Makayla Ardoin
Getting the financial compensation that you are entitled to from a huge rideshare company can be complicated. You never have to fight big companies alone when our team is on your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help with Your Uber Accident Case Today
You can sue Uber if you’re injured in an accident by one of their drivers in one of their vehicles. Contact a team member at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling (337) 777-7777 to explore your options for financial recovery. Our attorneys work on contingency which means you pay nothing out of pocket. We only get paid if we win a settlement for you.