If you or a loved one suffered an injury in Breaux Bridge, whether you live, work, or were visiting the area, we may be able to help. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can help you seek the cost of your damages from the responsible party rather than dipping into your own savings to do so.
The personal injury lawyer who represents you may also guide you in calculating the types and amounts of your recoverable damages, which may include:
Get the Help You Need
Call (337) 777-7777To Schedule a Free Consultation! 24 hours a day • 7 days a week
Our team wants to help you move on from this unfortunate incident. We understand how to navigate the legal process and want to share our resources with you. Speak with a Breaux Bridge personal injury lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
Know When to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Louisiana Civil Code 2323 defines negligence as when a party’s conduct fails to uphold a reasonable standard of care and consequently causes harm to another person. You have protections under the law to seek the cost of your damages from the party that caused them.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handles the following personal injury cases:
- Car accident
- Large truck accident
- Maritime accident
- Dog bite
- Slip and fall accident
- Defective consumer product
- Premises liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
A lawyer can be able to help you understand the validity of your case and whether you will be able to move forward with legal action. Talk to a Breaux Bridge personal injury lawyer about the details of your case today.
A Personal Injury Can Impact Your Quality of Life
When you are injured by another party, the injury you suffer might signal the start of a series of adverse reactions. What makes matters worse is that these traumas do not come cheap. That is why working with a legal professional may work in your best interest. You should not have to deal with the physical and emotional fallout of someone else’s negligence, while also struggling to pay for these losses.
Some of the financial recovery you may be able to pursue can include:
- Medical-related expenses, such as medications, hospital stays, and emergency procedures
- Lost wages due to a prolonged recovery period
- Reduced earning capacity, should you be unable to return to your preferred place of employment
- Emotional trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or depression
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Wrongful death
You may be able to seek compensation for items that we have not listed here. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 282-9205 to discuss the full scope of your compensation options.
The Role of Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
Negligence must be a present factor in a personal injury case. Your legal team must prove that the negligent party breached their duty of care and caused your injuries.
Someone can be negligent even if their actions were not intentional. For example, suppose you were bitten by a dog. The owner may argue that they did not intend for you to be attacked by their animal yet did not have their dog on a leash. This can be an example of negligence, and in this case, we could hold the pet owner responsible for your injuries.
Many other forms of negligence can play a role in your injury’s cause. A legal professional can provide the guidance you need to hold the at-fault party liable for their actions. Their liability could entitle you to collect a monetary award to cover your losses.
Get the Support of a Breaux Bridge Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many elements that come into play when pursuing a personal injury claim. Combined with recovering from your injuries, you may find it extremely stressful to prepare your own case and then negotiate with the other party’s insurer or legal team.
We can help by:
- Assigning liability. We can examine the details of your case to get an idea of who may be responsible for your damages. We do this by collecting relevant evidence and determining what factors worked together to cause your accident. From there, we can seek damages from the party we deem to be at fault.
- Estimating your claim’s value. We can use your injury’s paper trail to determine what amount of compensation should cover your losses. Medical bills, pay stubs, and other expenses will allow us to arrive at an estimate. We can also factor in future costs, in case your injuries worsen, and you require prolonged medical care.
- Representing you in court. Most of our personal injury claims are settled without having to go through the court system. However, if we find that we cannot reach a fair settlement with the liable party, we have no problem doing so. You should not have to pay for an accident that you did not cause.
One of our lawyers can perform these services and more. Contact a Breaux Bridge personal injury lawyer by calling Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
Do Not Let the Opportunity for Compensation Pass You By
The time you have to file your claim is limited to one year. Missing that one-year deadline means you lose the chance to follow through with a civil action.
Do not delay getting legal help. As soon as your initial injury is treated, contact a Breaux Bridge personal injury lawyer. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work getting your life back on track.
Schedule a Consultation with a Breaux Bridge Personal Injury Lawyer
After an accident, you can seek the cost of your damages from the party that caused them. You are entitled to compensation, and a Breaux Bridge personal injury lawyer can help. We are on your side. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.