You may be entitled to compensation for a Lyft or Uber rideshare accident in Hammond. The rideshare company, a driver, or other liable parties may owe you for your losses. These can include medical expenses, counseling, property damage, lost income, and other damages from your collision.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers knows what it takes to complete rideshare accident cases. A Hammond rideshare accident lawyer from our team can gather evidence, determine liability, and handle negotiations on your behalf. Our lawyers have recovered more than $600 million for clients through settlements and judgments.
We Can Determine Liability in Your Case
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers completes every step of your case. This includes determining liability for your accident.
Liability in rideshare accident cases can be more complex than other car accident cases. Those who may be liable for compensating you include:
- The ridesharing company
- The driver who caused your accident
- The driver’s personal insurance company
- Any other party with liability for your accident
We can determine who owes you compensation. Various parties may share liability, and a lawyer from our team will seek compensation from each liable party.
How We Defend Your Rights After Your Accident
The aftermath of your car accident can be a confusing time. As you seek medical attention, our firm will ensure that your rights are safe. We look out for your rights by:
- Dealing with the insurance company for Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company
- Dealing with the driver’s insurance company
- Dealing with your insurance company
- Speaking with you before you make any official statements
- Insulating you from any direct contact by those with bad intentions
Rideshare companies are massive entities with many resources. While companies like Uber provide insurance coverage to drivers, we will determine whether to accept an insurance settlement when you are ready to do so.
Rideshare companies or their insurance companies may pressure you into a quick settlement. We ensure that you do not face such pressure directly. Quick settlements can also be unfair ones. We seek the awards you are entitled to and not a dollar less.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Hammond, call (337) 777-7777
Compensation You May Recover for Your Rideshare Accident
We handle cases that run the spectrum of losses. Even “minor” rideshare accidents can cause serious harm. Our firm accounts for all your losses when we seek financial recovery, such as:
- Medical treatment: This includes emergency room care, hospitalization, doctor’s appointments, pain medications, rehabilitation, and the cost of transportation to medical appointments.
- Pain and suffering: The injuries you sustained in an accident could cause long-lasting pain or disability. You may be compensated for having to deal with the pain. It can be difficult to quantify the value of pain and suffering, but a lawyer from our firm can help you calculate how much compensation you should seek for pain and suffering.
- Lost income: If you were unable to work while recovering from the accident, you may recoup those funds.
- Lost earning capacity: If the injuries you sustained in the crash have lowered your earning capacity, you could seek funds for lost future wages.
The list of losses for rideshare accidents can be extensive. If your loved one died because of a rideshare accident, we will seek awards for your family. Your damages in a wrongful death case may include:
- Loss of spousal companionship
- Loss of parental relationship
- Loss of financial protection
- Funeral and burial costs
You may also seek coverage for any medical care and property damage from your loved one’s rideshare accident.
Hammond Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Do Ridesharing Accidents Happen?
Rideshare accidents have similar causes to regular car accidents. There are several reasons why rideshare accidents may take place, including:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone.
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Not following the rules of the road
- Failure to use turn signals or yield the right-of-way.
Because rideshare drivers often have several passengers in their car, it can be easy for them to get distracted. The driver also must be careful when pulling over to pick up their passengers. Sometimes, there are no safe places to pull over to pick up a passenger, which may cause an accident.
There’s No Initial Out-of-Pocket Cost to Hire Our Firm
Our mission at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is your financial recovery. The way we handle compensation reflects this.
We work on a contingency-fee basis. You do not pay this fee upfront or even out of your pocket. We only receive a fee if we win your case.
Tasks We Handle for You
Our duties as your law firm include:
- Determining exactly how much compensation you deserve
- Identifying the most effective approach for your case
- Gathering evidence and documentation for your case
- Drafting your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Filing your claim or lawsuit
- Dealing with insurance companies and other attorneys
- Overseeing settlement negotiations
- Defending your rights
Cases can take time. We have the resources to see your case through to the end. We will not back down from insurance companies, lawyers, or others who are not on your side.
How Our Firm is Different from the Rest
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work hard to help our clients receive the compensation they deserve. We understand that you may be overwhelmed after a rideshare accident. We handle each case with compassionate care, so our clients feel comfortable throughout the legal process. Some of the ways we are different from other law firms include:
- We have a staff member available 24/7 to answer your phone call or email. If you need a status update or a quick answer to a question, we will respond promptly.
- Our attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable with rideshare cases.
- Our main goal is to help you receive fair compensation.
- We have over 100 years of combined experience.
Rideshare accidents can be complicated with the number of people that could be involved. We will negotiate a settlement on your behalf or fight for you in court we cannot settle.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
You can take several steps after a rideshare accident that can be helpful if you move forward with a rideshare accident claim. These include:
- Filing a police report
- Having all injuries documented, even small ones
- Taking pictures of the cars involved
- Getting contact and insurance information from all parties involved in the accident
- Taking notes of the details you remember from the accident.
This information can be helpful to your lawyer during your rideshare accident case.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers’ Record of Success
We provide recovery statistics to help you understand our track record. We have achieved justice for many victims of auto accidents, including:
- $900,000 for a victim who suffered an injury in an auto accident
- $2 million for a client who suffered spinal cord injuries from a collision
- $1.611 million trial verdict for a client injured in a traffic collision
- $5.25 million for a victim who suffered brain injuries in an auto accident
We make no guarantees about the compensation you may receive. Every client is entitled to a different amount.
From your consultation until completing your case, you do not have to pay us. We secure compensation only if we win for you.
The Statute of Limitations in Your Case
If you plan to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in your case, you don’t have much time. CC §3492 and CC §2315.2 generally limit your period for bringing a lawsuit to one year from the date of an accident or death. There can be exceptions to these statutes, so call our team no matter when your accident happened.
A Hammond rideshare accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can assist you with filing your claim. If you miss the deadline, you may not be able to receive compensation for your injuries, so we will ensure this does not happen to you.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation Today
After a rideshare accident, you don’t want to deal with the aftermath of financial losses alone. At our firm, we will support you through every step of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. We can provide an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident lawyer for your case in Hammond.