The history of Rayne is indelibly linked to transportation, as the railroad passing nearby Rayne prompted the renaming of the city after a railroad engineer. Buses remain a part of Rayne’s public and private transportation network today, which means that accidents involving buses also remain a reality to those who live and work in or visit Rayne.
A bus accident can be devastating for many reasons. If you or your loved one were injured or killed in an accident involving a bus, then you could be entitled to compensation. You may find value in having a Rayne bus accident lawyer by your side if you choose to bring a lawsuit, so call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to find out how we could serve your legal needs.
Defining Buses and Their Dangers
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the term “bus” generally refers to any vehicle specifically designed and used for the transportation of passengers. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) suggests that buses generally hold 11 or more people, including the driver of the bus.
Per the United States General Services Administration (GSA), some of the types of buses that may travel through Rayne include:
- Buses used for transit within the Rayne city limits
- A bus that travels from Rayne to other cities, which may be called an inter-city transit bus
- School buses shuttling the children of Rayne to and from their schools
- Shuttle buses
These types of buses, and any other buses that may cross into Rayne, may vary in their relative safety. Some of the features that could make a bus prone to cause injury to its own passengers or those in other vehicles include:
- A weight that is greater than the typical passenger vehicle, which is generally much smaller than a bus
- A size that is generally larger than the typical passenger vehicle, which could make a bus more difficult to maneuver
- Lack of seatbelts and airbags, which could be especially dangerous if the bus rolls over
- Hard metal seat construction with little padding, which could cause serious injury in the case of an accident
- A significant distance between seats and the roof of the bus, which may increase the distance that somebody is thrown in the case of a rollover accident
These risk factors, along with the fact that a bus may have a greater number of possible crash victims aboard at any given time, make it critically important that bus drivers drive in a cautious manner at all times. It also means that drivers of other vehicles should avoid a collision with a bus at virtually all costs.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accident lawyer serving Rayne, call (337) 777-7777
Negligence Can Cause Injury or Death to Bus Passengers and Others
When a collision involving a bus happens, a few different parties may be injured or killed. This includes:
- The driver of the bus
- Passengers on the bus
- The driver of a vehicle that collides with a bus
- Passengers in a vehicle that collides with a bus
- Pedestrians who are struck by a bus, or as a result of a collision involving a bus
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the fault for the accident and resulting injuries may fall upon:
- The bus driver
- The employer of a liable bus driver
- The driver of another vehicle involved in a bus collision
- A passenger directly responsible for causing the accident
- A pedestrian directly responsible for causing the accident
A member of our team will discuss the circumstances of your accident with you to help determine who the most likely liable parties are for your injuries or your loved one’s death. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to find out more about the ways that a Rayne bus accident lawyer may be of help to you.
Rayne Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
You May Want Legal Assistance for Your Bus Accident Lawsuit
Being in a bus accident can cause financial costs and other losses that you may not be responsible for. If you want to explore how a lawsuit may be a means for recovering your losses, then you can speak with a legal professional who will answer any questions that you have.
If you choose to move forward with a bus accident lawsuit and want a lawyer to assist you, then you can expect that your lawyer will:
- Take care of all the paperwork necessary to start and complete your lawsuit
- Conduct an investigation into the accident and gather all available evidence that is relevant to your lawsuit
- Formulate an argument based on the evidence that you are the victim of negligence
- Document the losses that you have sustained because of your bus accident
- Pursue compensation from the party or parties liable for your losses
- Negotiate a settlement or seek a favorable judgment
- Defend your rights throughout their time as your lawyer
Serious accidents, including those that involve a bus, can impose significant losses on those involved. You may have suffered various losses because of your accident, possibly including:
- The cost of diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating your injuries
- The immeasurable cost of losing a loved one because of a bus accident
- Income that you or your loved one lost because you are unable to work, and may not be able to work for the foreseeable future
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish arising from the accident itself and the injuries that resulted from the accident
Your lawyer will attempt to obtain compensation for these losses and any other losses you have incurred because of a bus accident. If they can prove the negligence of one or more defendants in your case, then those defendants may be responsible for compensating you for your accident-related losses.
Call Our Team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Whether you were on a bus at the time of an accident or were involved in an accident with a bus as an occupant of another vehicle or a pedestrian, you may have reason to explore the merits of a lawsuit. Call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation regarding the value of a Rayne bus accident lawyer.