Victims of rideshare accidents in Gretna may recover compensation for their damages. This may be true of rideshare passengers involved in an accident as well as drivers who were hurt in an accident caused by a rideshare driver.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle either type of case. We manage lawsuits and insurance claims from start to finish for our clients. Whether your case is against Uber, Lyft, or another potentially liable party, a Gretna rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can help you fight for compensation.
We Can Pursue Compensation for Your Eligible Damages
When it comes to representing a new client, we start the process by finding answers for several key questions. These questions include:
- What are your injuries?
- What losses have your injuries caused?
- What non-injury-related losses have you suffered?
- What is the total cost of your losses?
- Who was responsible for your accident?
When we have answers to these questions, we can understand how to pursue compensation for you. Our two general approaches are insurance claims and lawsuits.
Some of the losses that we may seek compensation for in your case are:
The cost of diagnosing and treating injuries can be steep. We can calculate your medical costs and aim to have liable parties cover them. Some medical expenses we may recover awards for are:
- Care that you received in the emergency department
- The cost of being hospitalized
- Doctor appointments
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Medical equipment
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
If you are still receiving treatment for your injuries, we can estimate your future medical costs and include that figure in our requests for compensation as well.
Short-term, long-term, and permanent injuries can harm you professionally. While you are injured and recovering, you may not be able to work. Even once you return to work, your circumstances may have changed dramatically.
We can pursue coverage for:
- Lost productivity
- Current lost wages
- Future loss of wages
- Diminished earning power
- Loss of professional opportunities
Pain and Suffering
Your rideshare accident may cause physical and psychological pain. We can pursue compensation for your pain and suffering, which may include:
- The pain of suffering physical injury
- Conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which the Mayo Clinic explains can come from an accident
- The cost of counseling or other treatments for your trauma
These are not the only categories of losses that you may have. A Gretna Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you identify all the damages that you have suffered when building your case. We can also consider damages that you may experience going forward.
Who is Eligible to Bring a Rideshare Accident Case?
Our firm can handle rideshare accident cases where:
- You were injured
- Your loved one was injured
- Your loved one died from accident-related injuries
There may be other circumstances that lead us to handle your case. Calling for a free case review is the way to determine your eligibility.
When we accept your case, we see it through to the finish. Our injury attorneys aim to maximize any awards you may receive by holding all potentially liable parties responsible.
We Seek Awards from All Liable Parties
Liability for rideshare accidents is different from normal passenger vehicle collisions. Because the rideshare company is in the mix, we must consider them as a potentially liable party.
We can review all the facts related to your case, including:
- Coverage that the at-fault driver may be responsible for providing
- Coverage that Uber or Lyft may be responsible for providing
- Coverage that any third parties may be responsible for
We can handle the issue of liability. This will be central to your case for awards.
We Do Everything for Your Case at No Upfront Cost
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can deal with all your case-related responsibilities. This means we will:
- Collect evidence
- Review insurance policies and applicable statutes
- Determine the compensation that you may be owed
- Handle all paperwork
- Hire experts and speak with accident witnesses
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Advance your case to completion
We can handle any other duties that your case requires.
You Do Not Pay Us from Your Own Pocket
Our firm works for contingency fees. We do not get paid upfront, nor from your pocket. We only receive compensation as a percentage of your winnings. If we do not win your case, then you do not pay us.
The Deadline to Sue in Louisiana
Louisiana sets the following general deadlines on civil lawsuits:
- One year from the accident for filing a personal injury lawsuit, per CC §3492
- One year from the date of your loved one’s death for filing a wrongful death lawsuit, per CC §2315.2
If you are thinking of taking legal action, do not delay. Missing the filing deadline could get your lawsuit dismissed.
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has won more than $200 million for clients through settlements and verdicts. Call us today at (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
The sooner you call, the sooner a Gretna Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can start working for you.