An Erath 18-wheeler accident lawyer could help you pursue the at-fault party whose negligence caused the truck accident that injured you or took the life of your loved one. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we help injured people who got hurt because of someone else’s negligence. We also help families get the resources they need to rebuild their lives after losing a close relative.
Four Things to Do After Getting Hurt in an 18-Wheeler Accident in Erath, Louisiana
If your injuries allow, you should do several things after a tractor-trailer collision:
- Call the police to get an official accident report made by an officer at the crash scene. Without law enforcement involvement, the at-fault party may deny liability and try to blame you for the crash.
- Get medical attention immediately. Your medical records will be strong evidence of your injuries from the collision. Getting prompt evaluation and treatment of your injuries may also increase your chances of a speedy recovery.
- Think of your situation as a legal claim from the beginning. You should take steps to preserve evidence and build the strongest possible case. For example, take photos of the accident scene, all involved vehicles, your injuries, and anything else you feel might be relevant. Also, collect the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Consider hiring an Erath 18-wheeler accident attorney as soon as possible. When you work with an attorney from the beginning, they will have more time to investigate while the evidence is fresh.
Handling a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a semi-truck crash involves a lot of work. Fortunately, our Erath 18-wheeler accident lawyers can shoulder many of these tasks for you if you become our client.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Erath, call (337) 777-7777
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in an 18-Wheeler Collision Injury Claim?
There is no “typical” or “average” amount of compensation that victims recover after getting hurt in tractor-trailer wrecks. Every case is different. We must talk to you and investigate your claim before determining a fair settlement value for your case.
Your damages will depend on your injuries and other losses. Here are some of the common types of monetary damages you may pursue with the help of an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Erath:
- Medical expenses. We can include the cost of the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, medical procedures, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other healthcare services in your injury claim.
- Lost wages. You may not be able to go back to work immediately after a severe injury from a truck collision. If you did not receive paychecks while you were away from the job recuperating from your wounds, we can include your lost wages in your requested settlement amount.
- Intangible losses. Some common intangible losses in 18-wheeler accident cases include chronic depression, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one did not survive their injuries, we might be able to hold the negligent party who caused the accident accountable in a wrongful death claim.
Erath 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Long Do You Have to Take Legal Action After a Tractor-Trailer Crash in Erath, Louisiana?
Please do not wait to take legal action. It takes time to prepare a case for filing, investigate the situation, and gather evidence. Louisiana law creates a short timeline of just one year for a personal injury (CC Art. 3492) or wrongful death lawsuit (CC Art. 2315.2).
If you do not file your lawsuit before the deadline, Louisiana law could bar you forever from seeking compensation for your losses.
Click to contact our Erath Truck Accident Lawyers today
How Much Should You Budget to Pay an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Erath, Louisiana?
You do not have to save up money to pay legal fees if our 18-wheeler accident attorneys handle your truck accident claim in Erath.
We handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means we do not get paid until your case is finished. If we do not help you win, you do not owe us any money for legal fees. If you do win, our payment will be a percentage of your settlement or jury verdict.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Services That an 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in Erath, Louisiana Can Provide on Your Case
We perform a thorough investigation of each semi-truck collision case we handle. Our Erath 18-wheeler truck accident attorneys can gather records and other documents, talk to eyewitnesses, review the police crash report, and take other actions to build your case for compensation.
When we handle your claim, you will have the freedom to relax and recuperate from your injuries. You can count on us to handle all legal matters on your behalf.
Your 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Erath can work directly with the defendant’s liability insurance carrier and negotiate for a fair settlement. If your case goes to court, we can handle all the pretrial work, trial preparation, and the trial itself for you.
18-Wheeler Accident Victims in Louisiana Recommend Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
We are proud of and grateful for the five-star reviews people have taken the time to post for our firm. Here are a few examples:
- “This law firm is amazing. I traveled about an hour and thirty minutes to their location. I was nervous because this was my first time having to acquire a lawyer. As soon as I entered I was welcomed with open arms. Very comfortable. Nice southern hospitality.” –Ranesha D.
- “Absolute professionalism and compassion for their clients. I highly recommend the firm to anyone needing representation!” -Barney T.
- “Laborde Earles law firm is the best law firm to [choose] if you get hurt in an accident. They truly have your back and [are] always there when you need them. They are very professional and kind. If you get hurt in an accident, I highly recommend them.” -Jody S.
We value our clients and work tirelessly to deliver five-star service to everyone.
Our Results in Truck Accident Injury Cases
We are not afraid of taking on large insurance companies to get the compensation our clients deserve. Here are a few examples of judgments and settlements we have won for our clients in 18-wheeler crashes:
- $7 million
- $2.7 million
- $1.8 million
- $1.75 million
- $1.2 million
Get a Free Consultation with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Find out what our Erath 18-wheeler accident lawyers could do for you by contacting us at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a free initial case evaluation. There is no obligation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form