If you were involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Cankton, LA, you may be facing catastrophic injuries. These injuries can come with high medical bills and other financial or emotional losses. You can seek compensation to help pay for some of the costs associated with the crash. Our Cankton 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help build your case.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we understand the financial, physical, and mental toll an 18-wheeler accident can have on a victim. Our firm will work tirelessly to identify the responsible party and quantify your damages so you can recover fair compensation.
Recoverable Damages After an 18-Wheeler Accident in Cankton, LA
After an 18-wheeler accident in Cankton, recovering fair compensation can help you move forward with your life. You should not be stuck dealing with accident-related losses when someone else is responsible for the crash. Our Cankton truck accident lawyer can help you demand justice. There are a variety of losses you can seek compensation for, some of which could include:
- The pain and suffering you experience due to the severity of your injuries
- The costs of making repairs to your vehicle or purchasing a new vehicle if yours was totaled
- The income you lost when you had to take time off of work
- The loss of consortium you face when your loved one passed away in a collision
- The emotional trauma you endured due to the experience of the 18-wheeler accident
- All of your 18-wheeler accident injury-related medical expenses
After an 18-wheeler crash in Cankton, LA, an attorney from our firm will help you calculate the total cost of your damages. We can help you recover compensation that could cover the range of your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Cankton, call (337) 777-7777
Why Work With Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers?
Working with our firm means working with a team of attorneys with over 250 years of combined legal experience. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. When they leave reviews for our services, they say things like:
- “Dealing with an accident is never a pleasant experience. Compound that with the uncertainty of ongoing lingering effects and trying to address all of the insurance dealings, it can lead to a great deal of stress. I am so thankful for the aid Larke Landry of Laborde Earles has offered. From the first conversation, I felt reassured that I had someone in my corner… –Todd, former client
- “Laborde Earles is an amazing law firm full of extremely helpful and pleasant employees! Five stars all around!” –Jourdan, former client
We Offer Affordable Legal Services
Our firm works on a contingency-fee basis. You won’t owe us anything upfront for our services. You will only pay us after your case is won or settled. Even then, the payment we receive will come as a percentage of the settlement you are awarded. This means you don’t pay us anything out of your own pocket.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our consultations are always 100% free. We understand that you may be facing expensive costs associated with your accident. You can discuss your case with one of our team members without being charged.
Cankton 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Truck Accident Damages?
We must establish fault in 18-wheeler accident cases for you to recover compensation. We can do this by proving the at-fault party was negligent. We can prove negligence by satisfying the following four elements:
- Duty of Care: The liable party had a duty of care to keep you safe.
- Breach of Duty of Care: The liable party did not uphold their duty of care by acting in a negligent or reckless manner.
- Causation: The liable party’s negligence was the cause of the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the accident. We can prove this using evidence such as medical bills, police reports, or any invoices you have.
Some examples of negligence could include:
- Failure to properly maintain the 18-wheeler truck
- Scheduling the driver to work too many hours, which can lead to fatigue and distracted driving
- Speeding or driving in a reckless manner
- Drinking, eating, texting, or making phone calls while driving
- Overloading the 18-wheeler, which can make the vehicle off-balance and accident-prone
- Driving on roads that are too small to suit an 18-wheeler truck
Parties that could be held liable for your accident include the truck driver, the trucking company, or a maintenance worker. We will identify one or multiple liable parties and help you seek compensation from them.
Make Sure To Take Action on Your Lawsuit Quickly
You don’t have long to file a lawsuit in Cankton, LA. According to the personal injury statute of limitations, CC Art. 3492, you have one year to file a lawsuit. If your lawsuit is not filed before time runs out, the Cankton civil courts could refuse to hear your case. This means you may be barred from recovering compensation.
Similarly, you will have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit if your loved one was fatally injured in an 18-wheeler crash. This is stated in the wrongful death statute of limitations, CC Art. 2315.2.
If you are unsure when the statute of limitation expires or are hoping to get started on your case as soon as possible, contact our firm. We can help you understand your filing deadlines and file your lawsuit on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Our Firm for Help With Your Case Today
If you are ready to take legal action against the at-fault party, reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Our 18-wheeler accident attorney in Cankton, LA, can defend your case and help you reach a fair outcome.
Contact us today to speak with one of our team members in a free case evaluation. We can answer any questions you might have and advise you on your next steps.