According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 5,000 people are fatally injured in truck accidents each year. Most of these fatalities occur within the other vehicle, because 18-wheelers are significantly larger and heavier than passenger vehicles.
However, truck drivers are not immune to severe injuries in an 18-wheeler crash. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that collisions are the leading cause of on-the-job deaths for truck drivers in the United States.
Whether you were in the 18-wheeler or another vehicle, you should not be responsible for injuries that were not your fault. A Houma 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you build a case to defend your right to financial recovery.
Trusted 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys Serving Houma, LA
Houma’s two-lane highways and narrow roads can prove challenging for 18-wheeler drivers. When drivers in semi-trucks or other vehicles are inattentive, it can result in catastrophic truck accidents.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we aim to ease the burdens you face following a severe 18-wheeler crash. We will review your case at no cost and advise of the legal options available to you. If we decide to move forward with a personal injury claim, our dedicated 18-wheeler accident attorneys serving Houma will:
- Gather photo and video evidence to establish your 18-wheeler accident injury claim
- Obtain crash reports, driver logs, and witness statements to prove who was responsible for the semi-truck crash
- Procure medical records, medical expert testimony, and treatment plans to establish the severity of your injuries following an 18-wheeler collision
- Calculate your damages from the semi-truck accident using bills, invoices, and testimony from economic and medical experts
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and legal correspondence from insurance companies about your 18-wheeler accident
- Conduct negotiations with the insurance companies for the parties responsible for your semi-truck accident injuries, to achieve a desirable settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit for your 18-wheeler accident within the statute of limitations
Our Case Results Are a Testament to Our Successful Strategies
When we take on a semi accident injury case, our goal is to procure the greatest possible settlement for our clients. Our skilled 18-wheeler accident lawyers serving Houma, LA have successfully pursued millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of 18-wheeler injury victims, including:
- $7,000,000 judgment for an injured 18-wheeler driver
- $2,700,000 settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,800,000 settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,750,000 trial verdict for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,200,000 trial verdict for an 18-wheeler accident victim
While we cannot guarantee a specific settlement value, you can rest assured that we will pursue your semi-truck accident claim to the fullest extent to ensure a higher settlement for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Houma, call (337) 777-7777
Recovering Maximum Damages After a Houma 18-Wheeler Accident
An 18-wheeler accident is a traumatic experience that can cause debilitating pain, long-term disability, and even death. When you are injured in a semi-truck accident that is not your fault, you can recover damages associated with the accident, per Louisiana law.
Our team will gather evidence to prove the value of your economic losses, including hospital bills, lost income, and property damage. Additionally, we pursue non-economic damages associated with your 18-wheeler injuries. Such damages may include pain and suffering, disability, emotional anguish, and reduced quality of life.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we understand that an 18-wheeler accident is often a life-altering event. You deserve compensation for the effects of such an accident on every aspect of your life.
Let Our Team Handle the Negotiations
Insurance companies are notorious for offering lowball settlements to 18-wheeler accident victims. Since they make their profits by paying as little as possible in claims, even your own insurance company may try to reduce the value of your settlement. While you contend with severe injuries or the loss of a loved one, you do not need to spend time and energy arguing with stubborn insurance representatives.
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers knows how to handle difficult insurance negotiations. We regularly pursue large international insurance companies to secure fair settlements. Our team will gladly take your case to trial if it means a better settlement for your 18-wheeler accident.
Houma 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Protect Your Right to Compensation After a Houma 18-Wheeler Collision
Insurance representatives may sound like they are on your side immediately following an accident. However, anything you say can be used to reduce your settlement. Protect yourself by following these steps:
- Stick to the facts if you must make a statement. Do not speculate about the cause of the accident or make any accusations.
- Speak with an 18-wheeler attorney serving Houma, LA before you make any statements or answer questions.
- Avoid posting to social media or discussing case details with anyone other than your attorney until your case is complete.
- If the insurance company asks you to sign a statement or settlement agreement, always talk to your attorney before you sign.
- Do not agree to a settlement or statement verbally, either in person or over the phone. In some cases, such statements constitute a legally binding agreement.
Our 18-wheeler lawyers serving Houma, LA are aware of the tactics insurance companies use to reduce settlements, and we know how to counter them. We will defend your right to fair compensation against unscrupulous and difficult insurance carriers.
Click to contact our Houma Truck Accident Lawyers today
Timing Is Critical Following an 18-Wheeler Accident in Terrebonne Parish
When you are in an 18-wheeler accident, your health and well-being are your main priority. Once your condition stabilizes, your next priority is to protect your legal rights. Since you have only one year to file a lawsuit, per Louisiana law, it is best to reach out to a semi-truck accident attorney right away, even if you are still hospitalized or in recovery.
The compassionate Houma 18-wheeler accident attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can meet with you anywhere, whether at the hospital, your home, or our office. If we decide to work together after your free consultation, we begin working on your case immediately to ensure that you do not miss important filing deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Office for a Free Consultation About Your Houma 18-Wheeler Collision
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we know that you are faced with numerous challenges after an 18-wheeler accident. Our personal injury lawyers offer a free consultation to help you understand your legal rights and determine whether you have a substantial claim.
If we work on your case, we will handle the legal process on a contingency basis. Rather than charging fees up front for our legal services, we will simply retain part of your settlement or jury award upon completion of your 18-wheeler claim.
Contact our Houma 18-wheeler accident lawyers today to discuss your claim and learn how you can seek financial recovery.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form