If you were prescribed a Philips CPAP machine to help improve your breathing pattern, and it ended up creating an additional health hazard, we will help you seek financial compensation from the manufacturer. If you or a loved one has suffered negative side effects after using your device, our mass tort team can help you hold the manufacturer responsible for your medical treatments, emotional turmoil, and pain and suffering.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our Lafayette Philips CPAP machine lawsuit lawyer can help you seek financial compensation for the medical injuries and setbacks the device caused. When you join our mass tort lawsuit, we fight for compensation for you and other injured parties. That means you do not have to fight alone. Instead, you can reap the financial benefits of a shared monetary settlement.
We Help You Fight for Compensation
Recently, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials issued a recall on certain models of Philips CPAP machines. This recall cites the possible health risks noted using their machines. They allege the device’s sound abatement foam may break down and move into its air path. This can cause the device’s user to inhale or swallow the foam.
Additional FDA research cites the possible cancer-causing properties of specific Philips CPAP machines. According to this additional recall notice, the breakdown of the sound abatement foam can create black debris and release dangerous chemicals into the user’s airway. This exposure can:
- Cause skin and eye irritation
- Cause respiratory tract inflammation
- Cause headaches or asthma
- Damage the user’s kidneys and liver
- Expose device user to toxic carcinogens
Our law firm represents individuals who used Philips CPAP machines and subsequently suffered adverse health effects. A mass tort case involves multiple injured parties seeking compensation for similar injuries from the same defendant. We help you and others who suffered from the use of these machines hold the manufacturer financially liable for your resulting expenses and losses.
Tell Us About Your Injuries and Side Effects
When you join our mass tort case, our team takes time to listen to you and learn the details of your current medical condition. Tell us when and why you started using the device and how it affected your health. We may request proof that you used a Philips CPAP machine along with:
- Your subsequent medical records
- Proof of your injuries and unfavorable diagnosis
- Results from related laboratory tests
We also want to know about your financial side effects. Provide our team members with copies of your medical bills, prescription receipts, and salary history. We use these documents and your prognosis to assign a value to your lawsuit and to your pain and suffering. When we represent you and others in a mass tort case, our goal is to get the best possible result for the clients who trust us with their compensation case.
For a free legal consultation with a philips cpap machine lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Damages You Can Recover
Being injured by one of the Philips CPAP devices on the FDA’s recall list means you may have extensive and costly health care in your near and distant future. Our mass tort case can help you get financial compensation for those expenses. Recoverable damages participants can receive include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future income losses
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, if found to be applicable
Our Philips CPAP machine lawsuit lawyer helps you and others injured after using a CPAP machine in Lafayette. Our mass torts team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will calculate the value of your injuries. We also work hard to ensure you receive compensation for long- and short-term medical care so that you can be assured of getting the medical attention you need to recover your health.
How We Prove Your Right to Financial Recovery
Under certain circumstances, the CPAP device you used to improve your breathing may have damaged your health. If your use of this device can be connected to your current medical condition, we can help you navigate the compensation process. We conduct our own independent investigation and consult with expert witnesses who support your right to compensation. Our team will:
- Determine if your CPAP machine is on the FDA’s recall list
- Explain your qualification to join our group lawsuit
- Outline how we strive to resolve your case with a settlement versus a trial
- Provide regular updates on the progress of settlement negotiations
When we represent you, you are never alone in your fight for compensation. Along with other plaintiffs we represent who seek compensation from Philips, you have the encouragement and support of our mass tort team.
Read Our Testimonials and Recommendations
We work hard for our clients and for the compensation they deserve. Our team members are compassionate and approachable, and the legal support we provide is responsive. Clients we have helped in the past who recommend our firm say:
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” – Lacey Mcdonald
- “I loved working with this firm. I would recommend it to friends in a heartbeat…Their legal advice got me the outcome I wanted, and I am forever grateful. Their dedication to their clients is the best I’ve seen across any firm.” – KT Seibert
- “I am so happy that I chose Laborde Earles as my attorneys. Mr. Earles is always available when I call…I totally trust him, and I’m extremely satisfied with his experience and expertise. Thank you, Mr. Earles, for being more than an attorney to me.” – Michelle Graham
When we represent you, our team helps you hold the at-fault party financially liable for your injuries. We work hard to make sure you get the support you need from the beginning of your case until its conclusion.
Lafayette Philips CPAP Machine Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Get Your Free Consultation Today
If your CPAP machine malfunctioned or its foam broke down and worsened your condition or resulted in a cancer diagnosis, we can help. Our Philips CPAP machine lawsuit lawyer serving clients in Lafayette can help you prove you deserve financial compensation. Find out how by contacting our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team at (337) 777-7777 today.