A motorcycle accident lawyer does the following:
- Advises clients about their options for compensation
- Helps their clients arrange medical care
- Calculates their clients’ losses
- Handles their clients’ cases from start to finish
- Helps determine who is at fault in the accident
Motorcycle accident lawyers from our firm address each client and their needs individually. They will provide the services appropriate for a client’s personal circumstances. Their ultimate goal for each client is the same—securing compensation for the client’s losses.
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Measure Clients’ Losses
A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm identifies and values clients’ losses. For fatal motorcycle accidents, losses can include:
- Funeral costs
- The deceased’s medical costs
- Surviving family members’ pain and suffering
- Lost future income
- Loss of comfort and companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
Motorcyclists seriously injured may also suffer serious losses, such as:
- Emergency ambulance transport
- Emergency treatment
- Scans to identify injuries
- Physical therapy
- Lost income
- Permanent disability
Liable parties may pay for repairs and temporary transportation. Injured motorcyclists or surviving family members may also receive coverage for psychological counseling. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm does everything necessary to calculate their clients’ losses, including interviewing the client, gathering documentation of losses, and calculating economic and non-economic losses.
We Handle Every Aspect of Our Clients’ Cases
Whether a client brings an insurance claim or lawsuit, we handle every step of their case. For clients bringing an insurance claim, we:
- Obtain medical bills, earning statements, invoices for motorcycle repairs, and other documentation of their losses
- Submit written statements to insurance companies as needed
- Discourage clients from making statements to insurance representatives without our oversight
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
We provide similar services for clients who bring lawsuits. We will secure documentation for losses and handle all paperwork and evidence-gathering. We also:
- Seek a pretrial settlement
- Engage in negotiations on your behalf
- Make in-person appearances
- Hire experts to help with your lawsuit (as necessary)
- Defend your rights
We take clients’ cases to trial when necessary. As the American Bar Association (ABA) explains, however, settlements are the more common outcome to lawsuits. If your motorcycle accident resulted from negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
We Identify Parties Who Cause Motorcycle Accidents
We know it is important to identify clients’ losses. It is just as important to determine who caused them.
We establish liability for every client’s motorcycle accidents. Those who may be responsible for a motorcycle accident include:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Ridesharing drivers
- Commercial truck drivers
- Employers of at-fault drivers
- City governments
More than one party can be liable for a motorcycle accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm identifies all parties responsible for an accident.
Motorist Behaviors that Can Cause Motorcycle Accidents
Driver behaviors that generally qualify as negligence when they cause a motorcycle accident include:
- Aggressive driving, including but not limited to speeding
- Driving while drunk, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes is a major hazard in Louisiana
- Distracted driving
- Failing to give motorcyclists the right-of-way
We seek justice for motorcyclists injured by negligent drivers. We also pursue compensation for families who have lost a loved one because of a motorcycle accident.
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Our team is on your side following a motorcycle accident. Someone else’s actions or failures to act could make them liable for your motorcycle accident and the losses that result from the collision. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation.