About Scott Higgins
Scott Higgins grew up in Slidell, Louisiana but has been proud to call Lafayette his home since graduating from LSU Law School in 2000. Scott is licensed to practice law before all Louisiana District Courts, The United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and all United States District Courts in Louisiana. Scott is also licensed to practice law in Texas.
Although he has received many awards and been recognized multiple times for his professionalism and skill, Scott says his greatest career successes have been the friendships he has forged with clients from all walks of life.
When he isn’t advocating for his clients, Scott can be found traveling with his wife and two boys, playing golf, hunting or fishing. You will also find him wearing black and gold on Sundays, as he is a life long Saints fan, even in the bag-head days.
- University of Mississippi
- Class of 1997 ~ Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Business Administration ~Managerial Finance and Banking
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University
- 2000 ~ Juris Doctorate
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association Board of Directors
- Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
- Louisiana State University Law School Tullis Moot Court Semifinalist
- Graduated Cum Laude from the University of Mississippi