Motorcycle lane splitting is not legal in Louisiana. Therefore, if you were injured in an accident because a motorcyclist performed this maneuver, we could help you get compensation. Our investigative team will help you prove the cause of the accident and its subsequent costs. We will also help you build a convincing case file and use it to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party.
When we handle your case, we help prove that lane splitting caused your accident. We also prove the monetary value of your injuries and the expenses that stem from the crash. The damages we help you recover might include medical bills, pain and suffering, income loss, and property damage.
Prove the Accident’s Cause
While lane-splitting advocates argue that the practice promotes motorcycle safety, the fact remains that it is illegal in Louisiana. According to RS § 32:191.1(C), motorcycle drivers cannot engage in lane splitting, which the statute defines as operating “a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.” In addition, a motorcyclist shall not pass a car in the same lane that the vehicle occupies.
If you suffered injuries in an accident caused by a motorcyclist riding between lanes of traffic, we could prove their negligence with the following evidence:
- Witness statements from pedestrians and other drivers
- Narratives and diagrams from the investigating officer
- Available residential or commercial surveillance video
Your recollections of the accident and the impact points on your car can also help prove its cause. Therefore, we are careful and thorough when building your case because it can help guide the resolution toward settlement versus trial.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Get Our Team on Your Side
Our team is committed to recovering damages for our injured clients. We fight hard to ensure you are well-represented during settlement negotiations or at trial. When we handle your case, we will:
- Obtain and review your car accident report
- Collect and calculate your paycheck stubs
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Request and review your medical records
- Gather and organize your evidence
You never have to obtain evidence or enter negotiations without assistance. Our team also negotiates with the at-fault party’s insurance company to secure a favorable settlement for you.
Assign a Value to Your Case
A collision with a motorcycle could result in serious and costly damage to your car. The negligent party is responsible for your various expenses and losses. The recoverable damages you can request include:
- Damage to your vehicle from the impact and scraping of the motorcycle
- Immediate and ongoing medical bills until you have recovered
- The immediate and ongoing loss of income throughout your recovery
- Compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you endured following the crash
We help you recoup the costs of any medical devices and in-home care necessary for your recovery. We also make sure your list of damages is complete and accurate prior to the settlement phase of your case.
Seek Compensation Immediately
The state has a statute of limitations that applies to your personal injury lawsuit. According to CC Art. 3492, you generally have only one year to file a suit. Therefore, if you do not comply with the statute of limitations, you jeopardize your opportunity to compel compensation from the at-fault motorcyclist.
When we represent you, we remove this risk by ensuring we meet the filing deadline. We also use early notification to conduct an independent investigation and locate witnesses and camera footage. It can be challenging to investigate these items on your own and find the beneficial evidence they provide.
See What It Means to Work with Our Team
Our client support team members are committed to ensuring you have an excellent experience with our law firm. Previous clients who worked with us say:
- “Jeanne Laborde has over 20 years’ experience as an attorney in Louisiana and her professionalism, extensive knowledge of the law, her confidence, her ability to explain complexities in laymen’s terms without being patronizing, and her genuine care for my family’s well-being continually reminds me that I made the right decision.” – Naomie Moore
- “Laborde Earles represented my husband and I…They went above and beyond…and now they represent my entire family and I wouldn’t want any other firm doing it. We chose Laborde Earles, and we are a fan for life.” – Jessica Adams
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Get the Legal Guidance You Need Today
Motorcycle lane splitting is illegal in Louisiana. Therefore, if a rider caused an accident through this dangerous and negligent maneuver, we could help you recover compensation for your mounting bills.
When you are ready to explore your compensation options, complete our short form or contact a member of the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team by calling (337) 777-7777 today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form