You can order a Louisiana State Police (LSP) crash report through the organization’s website. While you may refer to officers that respond to a highway accident as “highway patrol,” you will likely get your accident report through LSP.
You may also be able to visit a nearby LSP office to get a copy of your accident report. An attorney can get a copy of your accident report for you. If a law enforcement agency other than LSP responded to your accident, you can visit that agency’s website or offices for a report.
What Does an Accident Report Say?
An accident report may indicate:
- Where the accident happened
- How the accident happened
- When the accident happened
- Who the accident involved
- The officer who responded to the accident
Importantly, an accident report may indicate who is at fault for the accident, either directly or indirectly. If you have any questions about accident reports, our firm is always available to provide answers.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Why Should an Accident Victim Get a Copy of Their Accident Report?
Accident reports are important evidence in an insurance claim or lawsuit. The report is an official document that carries the weight of the Louisiana State Police (or another law enforcement agency). Therefore, insurance companies, attorneys, and judges consider accident reports credible evidence.
An Accident Report, However, Is Not the Only Evidence That Matters
An accident report is an important document. However, a report from the highway patrol is not the only piece of evidence that is relevant to an insurance claim or lawsuit. If a police report indicates you are at fault for an accident, other evidence could prove otherwise.
An attorney from our firm will seek out any evidence that is relevant to your claim, including:
- Video footage of the collision: This may be the most compelling evidence for a car accident case. Video footage may provide a clear, unbiased account of how your accident happened.
- Witness testimony: Witnesses are often unbiased, so their accounts of an accident can be important when establishing fault.
- Photographs of the accident scene: Pictures can tell a story, so photographs from the accident scene can be useful when seeking compensation for your accident. For example, a photograph of a vehicle with front-end damage and another with rear-end damage may show that a rear-end accident happened.
- An expert’s reconstruction of the accident: Experts can use digital and physical means to reconstruct an accident. The expert may use witness accounts and other evidence to show how the collision occurred.
We do not know which evidence will be available when we start a case. However, our attorneys understand the evidence we can use to support a claim or lawsuit. Therefore, we complete comprehensive investigations to ensure we present the strongest case possible.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
How Else Can an Attorney Help After an Accident on a Louisiana Highway?
Our firm’s lawyer can oversee every aspect of your case. In addition to gathering evidence to use in your claim or lawsuit, our team will:
Document Your Accident-Related Damages
As we investigate your accident, we will determine the harm that the collision has caused you. We will document your damages using:
- All accident-related medical expenses
- Doctors’ diagnoses of your injuries
- Bills for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Bills for other property damage
- Diagnoses from mental health professionals, who can explain the psychological and emotional toll of your accident
- Income statements, which may be useful if your accident prevents you from working
Our attorneys have represented many car accident victims. We know the damages that traffic accidents cause, and we’ll account for every damage you have experienced.
Lead Settlement Negotiations for You
Once our attorneys determine how much compensation you deserve, we will engage in settlement discussions with insurance companies. We will work hard to secure the entire settlement that you deserve.
While settling is generally the quickest way to get the compensation our clients deserve, it is not our only option for resolving your case.
Take Your Case to Trial
Our law firm fights for clients in negotiating rooms and courtrooms. If going to trial is the right decision for you, expect our firm to take your case to court.
We do not charge any upfront fees or costs. Our firm accepts the financial risk of your case, covering all case-related expenses. If we win, we’ll get a percentage of your verdict or settlement. If we don’t win, you won’t owe us any compensation.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
With Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you get a compassionate legal team with more than 350 years of combined personal injury experience. Our attorneys and paralegals pay attention to the smallest of details, and we will update you regularly about your case’s status.
Don’t wait to call our team, as we may face a deadline for filing your claim or lawsuit. Call us today for your free consultation.