You might not need a lawyer for a minor car accident. However, given that many accident attorneys offer free case evaluations and do not charge a fee until you get paid, it cannot hurt to speak to one about your options.
For a minor car accident resulting in no bodily injuries and little to no vehicle damage, you may think it might not make sense to hire a lawyer. The related expenses may add up to more than you realize, however. Hiring a lawyer from our firm may give you peace of mind and allow you to seek and recover the money you need for your medical evaluation, car repairs, and more.
Hiring a Lawyer for a Minor Car Accident in Lafayette, LA
The definition of a minor car accident can vary. One driver might only call an accident minor if there is no visible damage to their vehicle. Others may call it minor if there is damage, but there are no injuries.
You may want to consider hiring a car crash attorney because:
- There is damage to your vehicle
- You underwent a medical evaluation to rule out injuries
- You are eligible for non-economic damages
- You do not have the experience or resources to pursue a claim on your own
In some cases, car accident victims can recover damages for emotional anguish and other intangible damages even if their physical injuries are minor. It is also possible that you find out your injuries are worse than you initially believed. Whiplash, for instance, is a common car accident injury that does not always manifest right away. Internal injuries may not show symptoms for several days, either.
No matter how serious you believe your Lafayette car accident was, you should reach out to a Louisiana lawyer at our firm as soon as possible afterward. We can evaluate your legal options based on the facts of what happened. Your lawyer may make you aware of other avenues to pursue compensation that you did not know about before speaking with them.
Why Should I Hire a Lafayette Law Firm to Represent Me After a Minor Crash?
By involving our lawyer in your collision claim, you can get a knowledgeable perspective about how you may be able to take legal action. You may be able to pursue additional damages than what you originally believed.
Your Lawyer Can Document Negligence and Liability
After your Louisiana collision, you may think that you know who is liable for the accident under RS 32:866. However, that driver and their insurer likely see things differently. Our lawyer can examine all of the circumstances surrounding your accident and let you know who may be liable for the accident.
To recover compensation, you must prove negligence. This requires gathering evidence and showing:
- The driver had an obligation to follow a specific rule, such as stopping at a red light
- The driver failed to follow the applicable traffic law or another rule
- This failure led to a collision
- You suffered harm as a result, including financial losses
In some car accidents, liability is more complex than in others. This may occur when:
- The at-fault party was a driver of a commercial vehicle or otherwise working
- There were multiple other motorists involved
- The at-fault party claims you caused or contributed to the crash
You may want to have one of our personal injury attorneys on your side in any of these cases to ensure you pursue the proper party.
Your Lawyer Will Pursue Compensation on Your Behalf
The second reason to hire a lawyer is to help you pursue the compensation you need to cover your expenses. Even if your accident was minor, you may be eligible to recover several forms of damages. Your lawyer may be able to help you collect damages for the following and more:
- Medical bills for your evaluation and treatment of any injuries
- Lost wages if you missed time at work
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot do your job anymore
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Vehicle damage
- Loss of other personal property
A lawyer from our firm may be able to help you pursue other expenses and losses incurred, as well. They will help you collect the documentation to prove these damages, present this to the insurer or at trial, and ask for compensation to cover them.
Your Law Firm Will Take Many Steps to Help You and Your Legal Case
Our lawyer can help in other ways as well. They may:
- Gather and analyze evidence
- Work with expert witnesses and accident reconstruction specialists who can lend support to your case
- Keep you up to date at every point in your case
- Offer legal guidance to make sure you understand your options
- Handle all communication with relevant parties like insurance companies
- File all paperwork within imposed timelines and statutes of limitations, including CC Art. 3492
Our lawyer can come to you wherever it is most convenient, like your office, home, or hospital room. Our firm works on contingency, so you should not owe anything until we recover damages for you.
We also provide free case reviews, so you have nothing to lose by speaking with our law firm about your case. We may even be able to help you pursue compensation for more economic and non-economic losses than you expected.
For a Free Car Accident Consultation, Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
If you were involved in a car accident in Lafayette or another nearby area, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We will review your case for free, even if your accident was relatively minor. We may be able to help you build a strong claim and secure financial recovery based on your damages.
You can speak with a member of our team at our main office in Lafayette today by calling (337) 777-7777.