Were you injured in a bicycle accident? Did you file an insurance claim with Farmers Insurance? If so, it may come as a surprise if you learn the insurer has denied your claim. If Farmers Insurance denied your bicycle accident claim, you have compensation options you can pursue. You can start by speaking with a legal representative who can help you seek financial recovery.
It is more common than you might think for Farmers Insurance to deny even the most deserving claimant the benefits they are entitled to. Fortunately, this denial is not the end of the process. You can consult with an injury attorney to learn what options you have to hold Farmers Insurance accountable.
About Farmers Insurance
Farmers Insurance was established in the early 1920s and has cemented itself as one of the top auto insurance companies in the United States. However, that does not mean the insurer does right by all its claimants or policyholders.
In fact, several lawsuits over the years have accused Farmers Insurance of denying claims in bad faith and delaying the processing of claimants’ claims. If you were in a bicycle accident and Farmers represents the liable party, you may have needed to file a claim with Farmers Insurance.
If you have had trouble accessing your benefits and the compensation you deserve, a bicycle accident attorney’s counsel could help your situation.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
When Bicycle Accident Victims May Be Entitled to a Farmers Insurance Settlement
Bicycle accident victims may be entitled to a Farmers Insurance settlement when another party caused their injuries. For example, negligent drivers cause many bicycle accidents in various ways.
Because Louisiana law requires all motorists to carry auto insurance coverage, as the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI) notes, you may be able to file a claim with a motorist’s auto insurance provider if they hit you during an accident. The insurance company should then cover certain types and amounts of damages.
For example, the driver’s bodily injury liability coverage should pay at least a portion of your medical expenses. However, do not be surprised if Farmers Insurance attempts to deny you the compensation you are entitled to. Although you may have completed your application in full and provided the right documentation, Farmers Insurance could still deny a bicycle accident victim’s claims.
Farmers Insurance Obligations
Insurance companies must act in good faith with handling first- and third-party insurance claims. Farmers Insurance is no different. However, just because the insurer and other insurance companies must act in good faith does not mean they always do so.
Some signs that your claim could be in jeopardy include:
- Longer-than-usual delays
- Failure to respond to your communication requests promptly
- Failure to investigate your claim
- Inaccurately characterizing your insurance claim
- Failure to provide fair compensation
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
How Can a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Help You Hold Farmers Accountable?
Our bicycle accident attorney can help you ensure Farmers Insurance pays out on your claim fairly. Here’s how:
- We can review your denial letter. Farmers must send you an official denial that explains its reasons for denying your claim. Your attorney can analyze the insurer’s decision to determine if its reasons are justified and how to go about getting your denial overturned.
- We can file your demand letter. Your demand letter requests reasonable and just compensation for your damages. Your attorney will draft and submit your demand letter to ensure Farmers is held accountable.
- We will be by your side through the appeals process. If Farmers Insurance continues to uphold its denial, we will ensure to draft and file the necessary appeals documents so that you can begin the appeals process.
- We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Getting a denial letter from the insurance company does not mean you will not be able to get your benefits or compensation. By having an attorney step in, Farmers Insurance may recognize how seriously you take your case and be willing to negotiate a settlement.
- We can file a civil lawsuit seeking full restitution for your damages. Should Farmers refuse to uphold its financial obligation, our attorney will be prepared to take civil action against them, arguing that the insurer denied your claim in bad faith.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Laborde Earles Bicycle Accident Attorney for Help Today
Farmers Insurance can deny injury victims the benefits they may otherwise be entitled to. If this sounds like what you are going through, you are not alone. Reach out to a bicycle accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to learn more about the insurance claims process and how to challenge Farmers Insurance’s denial of your claim.
You can complete our quick contact form or call our office for a no-cost, risk-free consultation today. The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we can begin working on your potential case.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form