If your car accident claim was denied by USAA, you could still have options that might allow you to recover damages from the at-fault driver or their insurer. A car accident attorney can help you file an appeal and continue to pursue compensation from the insurance company. If bad faith insurance practice played a role in your denial, you can even take the insurance company to court.
Your lawyer can also help you take the at-fault driver to court, if necessary. You do not have to accept a refusal from USAA without fighting back. A lawyer can help you build a strong initial claim or appeal a denied claim. With legal guidance and support, you can recover the costs of your medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, and more.
Reasons USAA Might Give For Denying Your Claim
When the at-fault driver’s insurance company denies your claim, you should be provided with written notice and explanation of their decision. If you are represented by a car accident lawyer, they will request a copy of this notice and help you build a strong case to refute their allegations which can include:
- The policyholder’s insurance lapsed
- The evidence does not support liability
- You bear some or all responsibility
- The policy in question was misunderstood
- Failure to meet the statute of limitations
- Failure to provide appropriate documentation
- Bad faith insurance practices
You do not have to fight these allegations alone. Your lawyer will help you fight back against any and all of these reasons for denial.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
A Car Accident Lawyer Will Help You Pursue Compensation From USAA
The benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you when you file an appeal include:
- Reviewing any and all case-related correspondence
- Assessing the monetary value of your case
- Proving the at-fault party’s negligence
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance practices
- Conducting a thorough independent investigation
- Locating and interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Drafting and filing your case insurance claim or lawsuit
- Negotiating a fair and appropriate settlement for you
The insurance company’s interest is its own bottom line. Your lawyer’s interest is in resolving your case in your favor and fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Your Evidence File Will Support Your Right To Recover Compensation
Your lawyer will help you prove financial liability with a strong evidence file that includes:
- Car accident report
- Medical records and bills
- Income records
- Accident scene and injury photos
Your lawyer will also collect witness statements and your own written statement to prove the toll the accident has taken on your physical health and on your lifestyle.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Make Sure Time Stays On Your Side
Personal injury cases in all states are governed by a statute of limitations. While complying with the statutory filing deadline is mandatory, it can also be difficult since:
- The filing deadline can be unclear.
- Some factors can alter the deadline.
- The deadline can be misinterpreted.
When your case is handled by a personal injury law firm, their legal team will ensure the appropriate filing deadline is met.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Legal Service And Support On A Contingency Fee Basis
Whether your case is resolved with an appeal or in court, the lawyer who represents you will do so on a contingency fee basis. This fee structure will allow you to:
- Pay nothing up front or out of your own pocket
- Compensate your attorney only when you receive compensation
- Pay no fees if your case does not result in financial recovery
At no initial costs, your lawyer will negotiate on your behalf or represent you in court and help you keep fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
Damages You Can Collect From USAA
If your initial claim for damages is denied by USAA, a personal injury law firm can help you refute their denial and file an appeal to recover the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Property loss
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Your attorney will assess your insurance claim and ensure your claim includes all recoverable damages. In addition to the damages listed above, you might also be entitled to punitive damages, wrongful death compensation, and compensation for bad faith insurance practices.
Contact Our Case Review Team Today
Were you or a member of your family injured in a car accident with a driver who was insured by USAA? If you were and your claim was denied, you do not have to negotiate with the insurer on your own. Do not fight the insurance company alone or accept a smaller settlement offer than you deserve out of frustration or fear.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we never stop fighting for you. Contact our case review team today to start building a compelling and effective case file.