If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with a big rig, we can help you pursue the compensation you need to move forward with your life. You should not feel pressured into blindly accepting what the other side’s insurers want to pay, nor should you have to manage a complex case alone. Our truck accident lawyer is ready to take the lead on your case, today.
Our big rig accident lawyers serving New Iberia have experience in this complex field, and our reputation for steadfast and aggressive representation gets results. Are you ready to pursue the compensation you deserve? Our team can answer your questions about your legal options, how accident compensation claims work, and what we do to support you throughout the process.
How Much Compensation Could I Get After A Truck Accident?
The clients we have represented in big rig truck injury cases each have unique circumstances, so it is difficult to estimate a settlement amount for your case. There are many factors we take into consideration when we assess your financial damages, such as:
- The cost of your medical bills, treatment, and rehabilitation. If you need ongoing support in the future, we factor this in as well.
- The wages and other work-related benefits you have lost while you recover from the accident. If your injuries affect your ability to work or prevent you from returning to work in the future, we include your future loss of earning capacity.
- Compensation for pain and suffering and emotional distress from the accident, such as PTSD, depression, or anxiety
- The cost of modifications at home or to your vehicle
- Expenses related to specialist equipment or home care needed to support your recovery and ongoing well-being
- Compensation for lost or damaged property
- If the accident caused the loss of a loved one, surviving family members may be able to recover wrongful death damages. While no amount of money can make up for your grief, it can provide a financial safety net, including reimbursement for funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, and loss of financial support.
One consistent element throughout all of our cases is that we leave no stone unturned when it comes to evaluating how the accident has affected your home and work life. We will fight for compensation that represents losses in every aspect of your personal, professional, and financial situation.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337) 777-7777
Do I Need A Lawyer for A Big Rig Personal Injury Claim?
Legal proceedings in big rig accidents can be complex, especially in cases involving multiple parties. Trucking companies may be directly liable for their negligent actions or indirectly responsible (known in legal terms as vicarious liability) for the actions of their drivers. Other third parties could also have caused or contributed to the accident through negligence.
Examples of negligence in trucking accidents can include:
- Driving while under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Negligent hiring practices
- Failure to maintain vehicles
- Errors made while loading cargo
- Failure to provide specialized driver training
It can be stressful and daunting to stand up against an aggressive trucking company alone, especially when recovering from your injuries. Because of the cost of the harm these accidents cause, there is a lot at stake for the at-fault parties. As a result, their insurers or legal representatives fight much harder to avoid or reduce the compensation they pay, even though they typically have large insurance policy coverage limits.
We Win Large Truck Accident Cases
To give you an idea of why trucking companies invest so much into their legal defense, here are a few of our more recent truck injury case results:
- $2,700,000 settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,800,000 settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,750,000 trial verdict for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1,200,000 trial verdict for an 18-wheeler accident victim
From experience, it is doubtful a trucking company will voluntarily admit fault. Instead, they will fight tooth and nail to defend themselves. However, this does not surprise or worry us. Our big rig accident lawyers serving New Iberia know what it takes to prove the elements of your case.
From investigating what happened to identifying liable parties, we will do everything it takes to fairly evaluate your financial damages and build a robust case. We will stand toe-to-toe with trucking companies in settlement negotiations or in court.
New Iberia Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who is Liable in Big Rig Accident Claims?
Due to their size and weight, collisions involving 18-wheelers often cause devastating injuries. If the accident was caused by the negligence of the rig driver or anyone else involved in the operation of the trucking company, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses. In addition, if the accident caused fatal injuries, surviving families may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Liable parties in big rig accidents can include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- Third-party maintenance crews
- Cargo loading companies
- Vehicle or part manufactures
- Government agencies responsible for the upkeep of our roads and highways
- Other negligent road users
Our big rig accident attorneys serving New Iberia will help you investigate the cause of the accident to identify liable parties. Many trucking accidents stem from negligence or mistakes attributed to several parties. While this provides several sources from which we can pursue compensation, the legal process is more complex.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer in Louisiana?
Our injury attorneys provide their legal services on a no-win, no-fee guarantee. This means we finance the cost of building and pursuing your case. We never ask our clients to pay a cent upfront and only recover our fees once we obtain a favorable outcome for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long Do I Have To File My Personal Injury Case in Louisiana?
Injured people and surviving family members generally have one year to file a personal injury or wrongful death action per Louisiana’s statute of limitations (see CC Art. 3492 and CC Art. 2315.2). Due to the high standard of proof required to build a robust case, it is beneficial to begin legal action as soon as possible. Missing this strict deadline could mean you risk your right to pursue compensation.
How Do I Find An Experienced Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me?
With over a century of combined legal experience to bring to the table, the team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has the knowledge and resources to pursue complex legal cases against aggressive defendants.
Our big rig injury attorneys serving Iberia Parish are ready to help you, too. To learn if you have a case and what we can do for you, contact us and schedule a free consultation with our team.