A Marrero big rig accident lawyer could help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your injuries and other losses if you got injured in a crash with a large truck. You do not have to take on the trucking company and its massive insurance company on your own.
When we handle your truck accident injury claim, you get to focus on getting better and rebuilding your life. Litigation can be stressful, but we can take care of it for you.
How Much Compensation Can You Expect After a Marrero 18-Wheeler Collision?
Every big rig accident is different, so we will need to talk to you first and investigate your situation before determining the kind of monetary damages you could recover. Here are some of the common types of compensation people try to recover after getting injured in a tractor-trailer accident:
- Lost wages. If you missed paychecks when you were away from the job because of your injuries, we can include that financial loss in your compensation claim.
- Diminished earning potential. Sometimes, even after completing all their prescribed medical treatment, people cannot make as much money as they did before a truck crash. You could seek compensation for the difference between your old and new salaries.
- Disability. Semi-truck crashes can cause catastrophic injuries that might make the injured person unable to support themselves through working.
- Medical bills. We can request reimbursement for your medical bills resulting from treating your wounds. These items can include the ambulance, trauma center, hospital, doctors, operations, diagnostic tests, laboratory procedures, physical therapy, pain management, and any other healthcare services you needed because of your injuries.
- Long-term care. A person who suffers life-changing injuries in a Marrero big rig accident might face a future in which they cannot live independently anymore. Moving into a nursing home might be necessary if you need daily assistance with medical treatment and personal care.
- Pain and suffering damages. This category is for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of getting injured in a tractor-trailer accident.
- Other intangible losses. Depending on your case’s facts, you might be eligible to pursue compensation for intangible damages, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
A big rig accident lawyer in Marrero, Louisiana might be able to pursue additional benefits for your family in a wrongful death case if the collision took the life of your close relative.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Marrero, call (337) 777-7777
Four Things to Do After a Tractor-Trailer Crash in Marrero, Louisiana
Here are a few suggestions of things you might want to consider doing after getting hurt in an 18-wheeler collision:
- Seek medical attention for your injuries If you have not yet received a medical evaluation, please do so immediately. Your Marrero truck accident lawyer will need your medical records to establish the extent and severity of your injuries and link your wounds to the accident.
- Preserve any evidence of the collision. For example, if you took photos at the scene or collected contact information of the other drivers and any witnesses, do not delete or throw away this information.
- Stay off of social media. Anything you post on your social media account, like photographs or comments, could get discovered by the defendant or their insurance company and used against you.
- Talk to a big rig accident attorney in Marrero, Louisiana. We can help you determine if you might be eligible to pursue compensation from the negligent party who caused the collision.
Of course, you will need to take many additional steps before your truck accident injury case is over, but these initial actions should give you a good start on the process.
Marrero Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who Can Be Liable in a Semi-Truck Crash?
Typically, the party whose negligence caused the truck accident is responsible for the injuries and losses that result from the collision. With big rigs, you may also make a claim or file a lawsuit against the trucking company if the truck driver was at fault.
The trucking company could be liable simply because it employs the driver. Also, if the trucking company was negligent in some way and their carelessness caused or contributed to the crash, the company could have financial responsibility.
Click to contact our Marrero Truck Accident Lawyers today
How Our Marrero Big Rig Accident Lawyers Can Help with Your Injury Claim
If you try to handle your tractor-trailer collision injury claim as a DIY project, you will have the stress and inconvenience of having to deal directly with the insurance company. Our clients appreciate their freedom to focus on healing because our Marrero big rig accident attorneys take care of all their legal matters.
We can investigate the accident, calculate the financial value of your claim, and negotiate directly with the insurance company to try to reach a favorable settlement in your case. If your case does not settle, we can file a lawsuit to protect your right to compensation. We can continue negotiating even after filing the lawsuit. Most personal injury lawsuits get settled without going to trial.
Contingency Fees in Marrero Truck Accident Cases
You will not have to come up with a deposit for legal fees to get us started working on your case. We also do not charge hourly fees on these cases. We use contingency fee arrangements on truck accident injury claims.
In contingency fee cases, we get paid a portion of the settlement or court award at the end of the case. If you do not win, you will not owe us any legal fees.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Time You Have to Take Legal Action If You Got Hurt in a Big Rig Crash in Marrero
We encourage you to start working with a Marrero big rig accident lawyer as soon as possible because Louisiana only gives you one year to file a lawsuit on your claim. That holds true for a personal injury lawsuit (CC Art. 3492) or a wrongful death lawsuit (CC Art. 2315.2).
It takes time to investigate these cases and prepare required documents. Please be sure to talk to us as early as possible. If you miss the deadline, Louisiana could bar you from obtaining fair compensation for your losses. If you think you might have missed the deadline, please feel free to reach out to us. We might find a reason to ask a judge to extend the deadline.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today to Get Started On Your Big Rig Injury Case
Reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to get a free initial consultation. We want to explain how we can help you.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form