If another driver’s negligence caused your motorcycle accident, you might be able to get compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Although this may seem like a complex and lengthy process, you don’t need to face it alone. A LaPlace motorcycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you narrow down your options and make sure that you are being treated fairly.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers a free consultation to all motorcycle accident victims in and around LaPlace. This is a great way to ask questions and get the information you need to make an educated decision about how to proceed. There is no obligation to hire us after speaking with our team, so you have nothing to lose.
How Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Can Help You
There are many ways that LaPlace motorcycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will work on your case and help support you through the legal process.
First, we will conduct a diligent investigation into the accident to figure out what happened and to identify key evidence proving that the other party is liable for your injuries. We will also:
- Make sure that your claim is filed on time
- Defend your rights before insurance companies
- Retain experts to consult on your case and testify on your behalf
- Negotiate for a settlement on your behalf
- Prepare for trial and represent you during depositions and court hearings, if necessary
You won’t have to answer calls from insurance agents when you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers—we will handle these communications for you. Our team will always be available to answer your questions, give you legal advice, and update you on the progress of your case.
We provide these services on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not have to pay us attorney fees unless you win your case and take home a settlement or court award. If we can’t win compensation for you, you don’t pay us for our labor.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving LaPlace, call (337) 777-7777
The Deadline to Sue in Louisiana
If you are considering taking legal action for your injuries, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages you to act soon. Louisiana imposes the following time limits on motorcycle accident lawsuits:
- CC Art. 3492 sets a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits.
- CC Art. 2315.2 sets a general one-year statute of limitations on wrongful death lawsuits.
LaPlace Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Motorcycle Accident Victims May Be Entitled to Damages
The following types of damages you can reclaim after a motorcycle accident depend on the details of your case. You may be available to recover:
- Medical expenses (both current and future) necessary for you to make a full recovery
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
A motorcycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will carefully review your damages to make sure we aren’t leaving out anything you could potentially claim. You can get a free consultation about your case with our motorcycle accident team.
Fatalities in Motorcycle Accidents
Tragically, some motorcycle accidents are fatal. In the unfortunate event that you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident caused by another party’s negligence, you can bring a wrongful death claim against them under Louisiana law. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you with this process.
In a wrongful death claim, the surviving family of the decedent can seek compensation for a variety of expenses related to the death of their loved one, such as:
- Pre-death medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income
- Lost value of household services
- The loss of their guidance, companionship, or support
Nothing is worse than losing a loved one unexpectedly and because of someone else’s carelessness. Although no amount of money can ever replace what you’ve lost, it can help you cope with the financial stress.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensable Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
In general, you can request compensation for any injury that is a direct result of the accident. Even minor injuries could be included in your claim.
Some of the common types of injuries that motorcycle accident victims request compensation for include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): a TBI can lead to serious pain, suffering, and disruption in your daily life. After suffering a TBI, you may be dealing with headaches, memory loss, fatigue, difficulty sleeping or concentrating, and an inability to work.
- Road rash: even if you are wearing protective clothing, road rash can still leave you with painful injuries and permanent scarring. In severe cases of road rash, hospitalization may be necessary to repair your injured skin and to prevent infection.
- Paralysis: if you are thrown from your motorcycle or suffer a severe crushing injury, your spinal cord may be damaged in the process. A spinal cord injury could impact your motor function and other ability to move.
- Broken bones: many motorcycle riders suffer serious broken bones due to the impact of the crash. A broken bone usually heals over time, but it can still lead to chronic pain, limited mobility, and other issues.
Many other types of injuries may be covered in a personal injury lawsuit. If you have not already spoken with a doctor about your injuries, it is a good idea to do that as soon as possible. Focusing on your healing and recovery should be your top priority.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
A LaPlace motorcycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can fight for your rights and a fair outcome to your case while you focus on your recovery.
If you have other questions about working with our firm or other aspects of the legal process, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation with a member of our team.