If your loved one was a victim of abuse or neglect in their Louisiana nursing home, you may have the right to file a lawsuit. Our office is here to support your family and represent your interests throughout the legal process.
A nursing home abuse lawyer from our firm can stand by your side throughout your Kenner case. We can determine who is responsible for the abuse, your options for holding them accountable, and how much money you may be entitled to. We can start today by reviewing your case at no cost to you.
Damages Available in Nursing Home Abuse Cases in Kenner
You may have a case against the facility administration or owners if a nursing home care facility:
- Caused your loved one’s injuries
- Failed to prevent their undue pain and suffering
- Allowed abuse to continue
Suing the organization could allow you to recover compensation for your family member’s damages.
The recoverable damages in a nursing home abuse case depend on the severity of the abuse, the circumstances surrounding the abuse, and your loved one’s expenses and losses. Examples of damages available in a financial recovery could include:
- Any required medical care to treat injuries
- Costs related to moving to a new facility
- Expenses related to mental and emotional support following the abuse
- Actual financial losses related to the ordeal
- Physical or emotional pain and suffering
- Permanent or temporary disability caused by the injuries
If neglect or another type of nursing home abuse led to your family member’s death, wrongful death damages may be available. Such damages may include:
- Costs related to burying your loved one or holding a funeral
- Costs associated with settling your loved one’s estate
- The loss of the comfort and guidance your loved one brought to your relationship
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Kenner, call (337) 777-7777
Our Team Will Advocate for Your Family
A nursing home abuse lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can represent your family at no out-of-pocket cost. We handle Kenner cases based on contingency, meaning our attorney’s fees come out of the settlement or verdict we recover for our clients. If we do not secure payment for a client, we do not get paid.
In past nursing home cases, we have secured hundreds of thousands of dollars for our clients. We helped these families:
- Ensure their loved one’s safety
- Protect other residents at these facilities
- Secure the best care available for their loved ones
We would now like to do the same for you.
Services Our Firm Can Offer
To help you hold the nursing home responsible for your family member’s injuries, we can:
- Gather evidence to support your lawsuit: Documentary evidence may include medical records, surveillance footage, or even police reports.
- Interview possible witnesses and call in experts as necessary: Eyewitnesses can confirm the abuse your loved one was subjected to, and experts can attest to the nursing home’s irresponsible behavior.
- Develop a case that shows what happened, when, and why: The evidence we collect can create a complete picture of the abuse and make it harder for the insurance company to withhold compensation.
- Identify all liable parties: Our investigation can uncover exactly who is responsible for the abuse and, therefore, who owes your family damages.
- File your lawsuit and negotiate a settlement: We can do everything possible to persuade the insurance company to pay a fast, fair settlement.
- Sue the nursing home and other liable parties if necessary: We are not afraid to represent our clients in the courtroom.
Throughout this process, we will keep you updated about the case and manage every legal task on your behalf. We believe you should spend this time with your loved ones, not worry about what to do next.
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help nursing home abuse victims and their families. The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can start fighting for justice.
Kenner Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What to Do if You Suspect Abuse
If you are unsure if your loved one suffered abuse, or if you are reluctant to disclose possible abuse to a stranger because of embarrassment or fear, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible. Our team understands how sensitive nursing home cases can be and is able to:
- Treat your case as confidential: As with all our cases, we will treat yours with the utmost discretion.
- Be compassionate: We genuinely care about our clients and can offer thoughtful advice at all stages of the case.
- Accommodate your needs: If you cannot come to our office, we can come and see you where you are.
- Answer all questions: We know the law can be complicated and inspire many questions in our clients. Whenever you need answers, our team is just a phone call away.
Under La. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 9:5628, we generally only have one year to file a lawsuit against the nursing home. The earlier you call us, the more time we have to investigate and build your case before this deadline expires.
Identifying Nursing Home Abuse
La. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 40:2010.8 establishes a list of rights for nursing home residents. If any of these rights were violated and your loved one suffered injuries as a result, you may have a case. Several types of abuse can occur in nursing homes:
- Physical abuse: The resident suffers physical injuries due to hitting, shoving, and more.
- Psychological abuse: The resident suffers emotional trauma as a result of being bullied, manipulated, or otherwise mistreated.
- Sexual abuse: The resident experiences unwanted and unethical sexual contact or sexual harassment.
- Financial abuse: The resident loses money because of the inappropriate and/or illegal actions of the abuser.
Abuse can occur at the hands of a fellow nursing home resident, or a member of the nursing home staff.
Neglect is another common form of abuse. For example, bed-bound residents should not develop pressure sores. These sores are preventable with proper training; residents should receive assistance with turning, sitting, and other movements regularly. Otherwise, bedsores can lead to serious and even fatal infections, as Johns Hopkins Medicine explains.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Assess Your Case for Free
A lawyer from our firm may be able to help you seek and secure compensation on behalf of a loved one. If you believe your family member is a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in Kenner, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for your free, confidential consultation: (504) 777-7777. We charge no fees until we win money for you.