If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Kenner, LA, you could be entitled to compensation. A lawyer from our firm can help you fight for your rights and the financial damages you deserve.
We offer free consultations to all callers. During the call, you will get the chance to learn more about your legal options and how you can pursue a personal injury or wrongful death case. You do not have to pay us attorney’s fees until a settlement is reached.
How Contacting Our Office Can Help
An attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can advocate for you and handle most aspects of the case for you by doing the following:
Promptly Filing Your Case
In accordance with CC Art. 3492, you do not have unlimited time to pursue a case after a motorcycle accident. This statute gives you just one year to begin pursuing damages in a personal injury case. Cases filed after that deadline are not viable.
For this reason, it is critical that you seek legal help as soon as possible following an accident. Given enough notice, we can get your case started by:
- Gathering evidence: We will collect police reports, eyewitness testimony, and more—anything that can show you were the victim of the liable party’s carelessness.
- Identifying the liable party: An attorney will name liable parties and show how their negligence caused you harm. The liable party could be another driver, a maintenance contractor, or someone else.
- Notifying the liable party: Once we know who is responsible, we can tell them you are suing and how much money you feel you deserve.
Above all, we can do everything possible to fight for the compensation that you are owed.
Handling All Communications
You do not need to worry about talking to other lawyers, insurance companies, or other parties involved in your Kenner motorcycle accident case. A lawyer from our team takes care of all communications for you. We also:
- Keep you updated on any progress being made
- Respond promptly when you call with questions
- Make sure you fully understand your rights and legal options
- Advise you about which actions may be best for you and your family
Determining Fair Compensation
Your lawyer will evaluate your case and determine what kind of compensation is fair, taking into account the injuries, economic hardship, and other sufferings you experienced because of your motorcycle accident. Then they will fight for that compensation.
Negotiating a Settlement
When we meet with the insurance company, it may try to save money by offering a token settlement rather than a fair one. We are not intimidated by an insurer’s tactics and can pressure it to pay the appropriate compensation.
If, however, the insurance company refuses to negotiate, we can discuss with you the possibility of going to court. If this becomes necessary, we will make all the arrangements, including:
- Putting together trial exhibits
- Making opening and closing remarks
- Locating witnesses and questioning them on the stand
- Filing motions
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Kenner, call (337) 777-7777
Getting Compensation for Medical Bills and More
After an accident, victims may be entitled to two types of damages: economic and non-economic.
Motorcycle injuries can result in hefty hospital bills and multiple visits to the doctor. You may require:
- Prescription medication
- Physical therapy
- Medical tests (e.g., MRIs or X-rays)
- Assistive devices (e.g., a wheelchair or a walker)
- Psychiatric care
Medical expenses are just one type of economic damages that you could be entitled to after a motorcycle accident. In addition to receiving compensation for all accident-related medical bills, you have the right to seek reimbursement for:
- Lost wages: If you are in the hospital for a long time or cannot work while recovering from your injuries, that likely means missed paychecks. Compensation could make up for the pay you lost out on due to your accident.
- Lost earning potential: If your injuries prevent you from advancing in your career as you should have or prevent you from working at all, this lost earning potential could be considered when fair compensation is being calculated.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle has been damaged or needs to be replaced, compensation could cover any costs that your insurance company does not.
If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you may also be able to pursue non-economic damages. This includes general pain and suffering, or the physical and emotional anguish caused by the crash, as well as compensation for specific injuries such as:
- Disfigurement: If an injury is serious enough, it may leave permanent marks or scars. Some scars may be painful or significantly alter your appearance.
- Disability: Some injuries result in temporary disabilities that will heal; others are permanent. Either way, you could receive compensation for the pain and inconvenience the disability caused.
- Loss of consortium: If the physical or emotional strain of the injuries, or even the accident itself, has damaged your relationship with your spouse, compensation could be awarded based on loss of consortium.
Kenner Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Getting Compensation After a Wrongful Death
If you decide to pursue wrongful death damages after losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident, the same statute of limitations applies. It is wise to begin the legal process as soon as you can. We can help.
Surviving spouses and children get priority when it comes to wrongful death damages, according to CC Art. 2315.1. These or other qualifying individuals may sue for compensation such as:
- Personal injury damages: Survivors can fight for whatever damages their loved one would have been entitled to if they had lived long enough to file their own suit.
- Funeral expenses: Burying a loved one, settling their estate, and other end-of-life costs can be exorbitant. Compensation can cover those costs.
- Loss of companionship: The deceased was a very important part of your life. You can seek damages for the pain of losing their affection, advice, and guidance.
Click to contact our Kenner Personal Injury Lawyers today
Injuries Commonly Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle does not offer the same kind of protection as other vehicles. As a result, injuries from these accidents can be more serious. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Lacerations and cuts
- Damage to the lower extremities
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries
There are safety precautions you can take to prevent an injury, such as:
- Wearing protective gear
- Obeying the rules of the road
- Being aware of your surroundings
- Not driving under the influence
However, you can never be fully prepared for other people’s negligence. In those cases, you can pursue damages and hold those parties accountable. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you do so.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Consultation Today
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777, day or night, and receive a free consultation today. The sooner you start the legal process, the sooner we can start working on seeking compensation to help you recover from your Kenner motorcycle accident injuries. A lawyer from our firm can help you today at no upfront cost to you.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form