If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by a negligent Amazon van driver, you might be entitled to receive compensation for any damages you sustained. Call (337) 777-7777 to hire a Metairie Amazon van accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to work on your case.
Amazon Is Growing and Does Not Plan on Stopping
Amazon has become a global force to be reckoned with in the economic world, handling transactions for over 300 million active customer accounts and 150 million Prime members. With the introduction of COVID-19 in 2020, Amazon has expanded its services and company size as more citizens across the United States and the world become more accustomed to online shopping and home deliveries.
With the demand for speedy deliveries rising, the potential for accidents with Amazon delivery vans has also increased. Some common examples of why Amazon van drivers get into accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Improper turns or lane changes
- Not yielding the right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Drinking and driving
- Driving while distracted, such as from GPS or cell phone device
This is not a conclusive list. The cause of your accident might still qualify you for compensation even if it is not listed here, so please consult a law firm representative about your case.
Amazon Drivers Must Have Their Own Insurance and Be Part of Amazon Flex
Individuals who wish to work for Amazon as a driver may apply to be an Amazon Flex delivery partner. Applicants are not required to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) nor undergo special training to operate the Amazon vans provided to them for their work.
Amazon Flex delivery partners must have an insurance policy that covers delivering packages in their state, which might not be included in a standard auto insurance plan. With exception to drivers in New York, all Amazon Flex drivers—including those in Louisiana—are provided additional coverage by the company, which includes:
- Liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage
Like many work-applicable insurance policies, this coverage only applies to the drivers (not passengers) and may only be used to cover accidents if the driver was actively delivering packages.
A Metairie Amazon van accident lawyer can review your case to determine whether Amazon’s insurance policy covers the accident or whether the driver might be solely liable for the accident. Our team can help you file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
Call (337) 777-7777 today for a free consultation about how Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can support your case.
For a free legal consultation with a amazon van accident lawyer serving Metairie, call (337) 777-7777
Our Team Can Help You Fight for Compensation
“Personal injuries” can cover both bodily injuries and other forms of damages you might have suffered in an accident because of a negligent act. Your legal team may ask you multiple questions to assess what negative experiences and losses you had to endure as a consequence of the Amazon van accident. Once they create a list of damages to claim, your legal team may then help you calculate their value and use this figure as a goal for a settlement.
Some damages you might be able to claim for compensation may include:
- Medical expenses: This may include costs for emergency room care, surgeries, lab tests, doctor’s appointments, and any other form of medical treatment.
- Property damage: These damages may apply to damage to your vehicle, bicycle, or other personal property that got damaged in the accident, like jewelry or electronic devices.
- Income loss: If you had to miss work to heal or treat your injuries or because you no longer had transportation to work, you might be compensated for wages you lost. You might also be compensated for wages you expect to lose in the future for similar reasons.
- Transportation costs: If your injuries make it difficult for you to travel by yourself or if the accident forced you to get your vehicle repaired or replaced, you might be compensated for transportation costs if you required alternative modes of travel. This might cover fares for public transit, taxis, rideshares, and rental cars.
- Pain and suffering: While many damages have financial value, some losses are more subjective. Pain and suffering is considered a legitimate form of damage under personal injury law and can apply to physical pain and emotional anguish felt by the victim in relation to their accident and injuries.
Your lawyer may suggest other specific damages under these categories or separate ones.
Metairie Amazon Van Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
File a Lawsuit if the Negotiation Stage Does Not Lead to a Settlement
Many people choose to file an insurance claim before a lawsuit as the process can sometimes be faster and easier for claimants to receive compensation. Insurance companies often do not want to have to deal with the hassle of a court trial and try to cooperate with the claimant as much as possible. While that is ideal, it is not always the case if the defendant or a business does not agree with the claimant’s statements.
If the negotiation stage seems to be coming to a standstill, you may still be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to continue your pursuit of compensation. As long as you file within the statutory deadline, you may still have a chance to fight for the financial recovery you need. In Louisiana, this deadline is generally one year after the accident date or date of injury, according to the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492.
Click to contact our Metairie Truck Accident Lawyers today
We Want to Take on the Challenge of Fighting for Your Case
Facing any business in a legal battle can be intimidating, let alone one against a multibillion-dollar corporation like Amazon. You do not have to face this challenge alone. The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to serve as your legal representative and argue your case on your behalf. We will work hard to negotiate a potential settlement for you or present your case on why you deserve to receive compensation at trial.
Call (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation with our staff and to learn how quickly you can hire a Metairie Amazon van accident lawyer from our firm to work on your case.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form