According to Louisiana State University, in the 1,589 motorcycle accidents that occurred in Louisiana in 2019, 1,193 people were injured or killed.
This data makes it clear that motorcycle accidents frequently have destructive consequences. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, you might have suffered property damage, physical and psychological injuries, and lost wages.
If another party’s negligence caused your crash, a Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to help you by managing your case on your behalf. We accept both personal injury and wrongful death cases.
To learn more about your legal options in a free case review with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
The Responsible Party in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Determining who is responsible for an accident is not always easy. However, it is a vital step: you need to know who to sue before you file your lawsuit.
The potentially liable parties in a motorcycle accident may include:
- The other driver: car drivers can make many mistakes, from disobeying driving laws to allowing themselves to get distracted. This can be especially true in motorcycle accidents, when drivers may not think to look for motorcycles before changing lanes or making a left turn.
- The other driver’s employer: if you were hit by a commercial driver (e.g., a delivery truck driver), their employer may be liable or partly liable for the accident.
- An auto part manufacturer: from tire blowouts to brake malfunctions, any motor vehicle can go out of control if the manufacturer did not test their products well enough or if they failed to recall faulty products.
- A mechanic: if a negligent mechanic returned your motorcycle in an unsafe condition and caused your accident, they may be liable for your damages.
If you qualify, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers would be more than happy to help you figure out who to name in your lawsuit. We can also collect evidence of the responsible party’s liability to present in settlement negotiations or on trial.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lake Charles, call (337) 777-7777
How to Know if You Qualify for Damages
As long as that one year has not passed from the date of your accident or the date of your loved one’s death, you may still be entitled to sue for damages. After this deadline passes, however, your lawsuit may be dismissed.
Because of the importance of filing your lawsuit on time, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers urges you to contact us as soon as possible after your accident. To learn more about what specific deadlines pertain to your case in a free consultation with a representative of our firm, call us today at (337) 777-7777.
Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
The types of damages you may be able to recover may depend on your injuries and other factors. In general, the following damages may be available in a personal injury case:
- Medical costs: if you needed treatment to manage your injuries
- Repair bills: if your motorcycle or any other property needed to be repaired
- Lost income: if you could not earn your normal income until your injuries had healed enough for you to return to work
- Pain and suffering: if your injuries put you through physical or emotional stress or discomfort
- Scarring: if there are marks left behind even after your injuries have healed as much as possible
If you are filing a wrongful death claim, your potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs: if you had to lay your loved one to rest
- Pre-death medical care: if your loved one required medical treatment after their accident
- Lost financial support: if your loved provided you with income
- Loss of companionship: if your loved one was a source of affection and comfort
What an Attorney Can Do for You
Filing a lawsuit can be difficult and time-consuming, even under the best of circumstances. You do not have to do it alone. You can stay home, tend to your injuries, and spend time with your loved ones while Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers takes up the fight on your behalf.
When we work together on your case, a Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm may be able to:
- Investigate your case: by collecting evidence related to your case, we may be able to strengthen your claims and prove that the liable party was responsible for your accident.
- Submit paperwork: we can fill out and submit any and all paperwork that your insurance claim or lawsuit requires. However, if you prefer, you can fill it out yourself and let us review it before you send it off.
- Handle negotiations: many lawsuits are settled out of court. Your lawyer will do their best to make that happen for you by fighting hard to secure a fair settlement.
- Present your case on trial: in the event that your case goes to trial, your lawyer can defend your rights before a judge and jury.
- Work on a contingency-fee-basis: this means we charge you no attorney fees until we get you compensation. If we cannot get you compensation, we charge you nothing for our labor.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
If you are seeking representation after a motorcycle accident in Lake Charles, look no further than Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. A Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm may be able to manage all of the legal work in your case.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.