Pursuing workers’ compensation shouldn’t be difficult. After all, most employees in Louisiana are entitled to this coverage if they get hurt while working. However, not all insurance companies and employers manage claims in good faith.
Protect yourself and your family’s finances by securing workers’ compensation. If you’re having problems getting what you need, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will advocate for you. Now, you can start a free case review and learn about working with a Fort Polk workers’ compensation lawyer.
Why Partner with Our Workers’ Compensation Team in Fort Polk?
After suffering an on-the-job injury, workers’ compensation should pay for your medical bills and two-thirds of your lost income. If your employer carries workers’ compensation coverage, you’re entitled to those benefits––end of story. Yet, you may consider partnering with our team if:
Your Employer Contests Your Accident’s Cause
Workers’ compensation in Louisiana is a no-fault system. Even if you tripped on your own feet while working, you’re entitled to benefits. Still, your employer may contest your accident if it suspects:
- Your injury didn’t happen at work.
- You were intoxicated, and that caused your injuries.
- You were engaging in “horseplay” or an activity unrelated to your job.
Your lawyer will gather evidence to prove your accident’s cause and the nature of your condition. Using photos, videos, and witness testimony, they can build a case against the liable insurance company.
Your Employer Threatens to Fire You
Your employer cannot fire you for filing a workers’ compensation claim. This would be illegal. However, this might not stop your employer from firing you and citing another reason. Our team can protect you against unlawful termination and explain your options. While your employer is allowed to hire a replacement during your recovery, you cannot lose your job altogether because you sought benefits.
You’re Offered Less Than You Need
Workers’ compensation should account for all your approved medical bills. You shouldn’t have to pay for treatment related to a work injury. Our team can evaluate your healthcare needs, consult with your medical team, and fight for what you need.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Fort Polk, call (337) 777-7777
You Could Receive These Benefits After Your Accident in Fort Polk, LA
You could recover some or all of these benefits:
- Medical benefits – The insurance company could cover your prescriptions, hospital bills, ambulance fees, and other healthcare expenses related to your condition.
- Vocational rehabilitation – Your injuries may prevent you from continuing work in your current field. Vocational rehabilitation can train you for a new profession, if possible.
- Catastrophic injury benefits – Catastrophic injury benefits are available to those who have suffered catastrophic impairments. If you qualify for catastrophic injury benefits, you could receive funds that reflect your condition.
- Supplemental earnings benefits – This accounts for any harm to your earning power.
- Disability benefits – These are meant to replace a portion of the income you lose by being unable to work. However, the maximum amount you could be awarded could vary widely depending on the details of your case.
- Death benefits – The insurance company may cover the decedent’s funeral and burial expenses. It may also provide the decedent’s surviving family members financial independence with additional compensation.
Workers’ compensation does not offer coverage for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering. However, if another party’s negligence harmed you, you could file a personal injury claim. This could award compensation for pain and suffering, along with other related damages.
Fort Polk Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Deadlines May Apply to Your Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Claim
You do not have an unlimited time to pursue a workers’ compensation claim. If you wait too long to notify your employer, you could lose the right to seek benefits. This could leave the financial burden of your accident and injuries to you.
The sooner you consult our team, the sooner we can set your case in motion. During our partnership, we’ll manage each of your case’s deadlines while you focus on healing.
Click to contact our Fort Polk Personal Injury Lawyers today
Workers’ Compensation Accounts for Many On-the-Job Accidents
Our workers’ compensation attorneys in Fort Polk help people who suffer harm due to:
- Exposure to harmful or toxic substances
- Construction accidents
- Trench collapses
- Building collapses
- Ground collapses
- Factory accidents
- Bulldozer accidents
- Crane accidents
- Scaffold accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Accidents caused by property owner negligence
- Accidents caused by machine operator negligence
- Accidents caused by defective or malfunctioning equipment or machinery
We’re ready to build and manage your case, even if you don’t see your situation listed above. If you suffered a work-related impairment, we’re ready to serve you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Help People Suffering from the Following
In our years of service, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has advocated for those suffering from:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Herniated discs
- Full-thickness burns
- Loss of limbs
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Broken bones and compound fractures
- Organ failure or internal bleeding
You can also pursue damages if you were diagnosed with a work-related illness. Suppose you inhaled pesticides while working as an exterminator. Later, you were diagnosed with a respiratory illness. In that instance, workers’ compensation could pay for the medical care your illness requires.
You can learn more about what workers’ compensation covers when you connect with our team. We offer free case reviews where we can explore your options.
Meet With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Fort Polk
Worker’s Compensation benefits could be exactly what your family needs to stay afloat while you recuperate from your on-the-job injury. A Fort Polk workers’ compensation lawyer from our team can manage everything your claim requires.
Our firm is proud to offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to work injury victims in Louisiana. Take advantage of this opportunity by calling our office now.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form