With years of practice, our Cade Lyft accident lawyers appreciate that it can be challenging and confusing for victims to choose the right insurance company to file their claims. This is why you should contact attorneys who understand the Lyft accident and personal injury laws applicable in Cade.
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Here’s how we’ll help deal with your Cade Lyft accident case to its successful completion:
- We first meet the client to determine the case particulars before charting the best way forward
- Arrange to hire lawyers who can reconstruct the accident and later testify on your behalf to prove the other party is at fault
- Assess how your injuries may affect your life and prospects
- We’ll help estimate what your claim case is possibly worth
- We’ll investigate your case thoroughly to gather sufficient evidence (we may use videos, photographs (from police/ traffic cameras), check doctors, hospital, ambulance records, and reports.
- Interviewing first responders and witnesses
- Interact with and engage with insurance companies on your behalf
- Strike a settlement deal with the insurers
- Take the case to court if the insurers refuse to settle
- File pre-trial motions
- Present evidence
- Make closing arguments
- File appeals if necessary
What Will This Case Cost?
Much depends on your agreement for contract legal services and the lawyers handling your case. Hence, you may or may not be charged upfront fees or other litigation expenses (police records, medical expenses, expert witness, and court reporter fees). Some personal injury attorneys may ask the client to settle the above costs on the run (as they become due).
Many personal injury law firms typically cover all your costs and expenses. Subsequently, the firms will deduct the fees and costs from the final judgment or settlement.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is one law firm that uses the contingency system to deal with Cade Lyft accident cases. You are not required to pay anything until we conclude your case successfully.
Can I Claim Compensation if My Driver Caused the Lyft Accident?
It’s understandable how scary and unsettling it can be if your driver is at fault for a Lyft accident that caused your injuries. You were in the car, but your driver made some costly mistakes. So, who’s at fault for your injuries?
Fortunately, there is a light behind the tunnel. Lyft offers insurance policies that cover such scenarios. This type of insurance can compensate for any injuries sustained in such incidents.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you deal with the ins and outs of Lyft accident cases in Cade.
Who Will Pay for My Lyft Accident Injuries?
If another driver was responsible for your Lyft accident injuries, there are specific policies that cover the situation. Our attorneys can help you understand how Lyft’s insurance policies might impact your case.
In some cases, you can sue Lyft directly, seeking compensation for your injuries in their vehicle. However, much depends on the specific incident.
Note that Lyft drivers are considered independent contractors. So, filing a claim against them can be complicated. The driver’s personal insurance cover can care for the expenses in this situation.
Liability for a Lyft insurance claims depends on the driver’s status:
- If the app was off during the accident, then your personal insurance applies
- If the app was on and the Lyft driver was waiting for a ride request, then Lyft insurance covers the accident if personal insurance does not
- If the accident happened while the Lyft driver was driving or was picking up passengers, then Lyft insurance still covers the accident
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Cade, call (337) 777-7777
What Is the Deadline to File Such Cases?
Louisiana law gives Lyft and Uber drivers specific rules and regulations to adhere to. Under House Bill No. 575(Act 286), this is intended to address several situations. Among these are:
- Reduction of impaired driving
- Background checks enforcement for company drivers (at state and national levels)
- Better traffic laws enforcement
- Better insurance regulation
- Better control for Uber and Lyft drivers
Cade Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who Will Help Me Meet the Deadline to File My Claim?
There are strict requirements and deadlines for filing Lyft accident cases in Louisiana. If you were in a Lyft accident matter in Cade, the law allows you one year to file your claim. Of course, this can make the situation a little bit complicated if you feel unprepared to do this within the strict timelines.
It’s advisable to consult a Cade Lyft accident lawyer who can guide you on the best way to keep the deadline. The Lyft accident attorneys at Laborde Injury Lawyers are acquainted with all laws applicable in Cade. We have helped many clients to resolve such issues.
Will You Take My Case to Court?
The attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will help you decide whether to accept the insurance company’s settlement or go to court in your Cade Lyft accident case.
Can Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Help with My Case?
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have fought for many clients for decades. We defend client rights and shield you from exploitative insurance executives.
Our attorneys use our professional and legal skills to protect your rights inside and outside the court corridors. We aim to win fair compensation for anyone involved in Lyft and Uber accidents in Cade.
Reach out for a free consultation with our Cade Lyft accident lawyer today.