If you own a car, you probably know how important vehicle maintenance is. The occasional visit to the mechanic can keep your car operating safely. If there is an issue that could cause a hazard on the road, it is supposed to be spotted and fixed. A vehicle that is not properly cared for, whether due to the negligence of a mechanic or a vehicle owner, can be a danger to others.
If you were injured in an accident caused by such a vehicle, a Lake Charles faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you fight for compensation.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team. Our staff will be glad to discuss your accident, your legal options, and our services during this call.
Dangers of Poor Vehicle Maintenance
There are many ways that neglected vehicle maintenance could cause an accident. This may include situations where:
- A tire bursts or goes flat on the road
- A bald tire causes a vehicle to lose control on a wet surface
- Worn or improperly maintained brakes reduce stopping ability
- Dry or cracked windshield wipers do not work in a rainstorm
- An engine or transmission failure causes a car to break down on the road
- A dead headlight, taillight, or brake light confuses another driver
- Part of a vehicle’s body, such as a bumper, falls off and enters the road
Depending on the cause of the accident, the responsible party may be:
- A negligent driver who failed to perform regular maintenance on their vehicle
- A negligent auto mechanic who failed to properly service a vehicle
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle component
For a free legal consultation with a faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer serving Lake Charles, call (337) 777-7777
Evidence in Neglected Vehicle Cases
When investigating your case, a Lake Charles faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can draw upon a variety of types of evidence to attempt to prove the responsible party’s liability. This evidence may include:
- Photos or videos of the accident
- Testimony from mechanical or accident reconstruction experts on the technical cause of the accident
- The police report
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Your medical records
- Witness statements
Lake Charles Faulty or Neglected Vehicle Maintenance Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your case, a Lake Charles faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from our firm may be able to:
Handle All Communications
You do not have to deal with the stress of talking to insurance companies and other involved parties when you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We can do that for you while keeping you updated on the progress of your case.
File Your Case on Time
The Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 generally gives you just one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. That may seem like a lot of time, but if you are recovering from injuries and trying to return to normalcy, that year can quickly pass by. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you preserve your right to sue by filing both your insurance claim and your lawsuit by the appropriate deadlines.
Negotiate for a Settlement or Take Your Case to Trial
After filing your insurance claim, we can engage with the responsible party’s insurance company in settlement negotiations. If they refuse to make you a fair offer, we can take your case to trial instead.
To learn more about our services in a free case review with a representative of our firm, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Potentially Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
There may be multiple types of awards to pursue in a car accident case. Medical bills can pile up. You can miss work. Your life going forward could be affected by your injuries. All of these factors may be considered when compensation is calculated.
Depending on the nature of your injuries and their impact on your life, the following damages may be recoverable in a car accident case:
- Medical expenses: this may include compensation for emergency treatment, surgery, doctor’s appointments, medications, therapy, and other medical needs. Both your current and future costs of accident-related medical care may be covered.
- Lost wages: if your treatment or recovery process forced you to miss work
- Loss of future earning potential: if your injuries forced you to change jobs and make less income as you did before the accident
- Property damage: for repair or replacement of your vehicle or any other property that was damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering: for any physical or emotional duress your injuries caused
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can collect evidence of the value of your damages and calculate what a fair amount of compensation for your case may be. We can then present this evidence in settlement negotiations or on trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
You do not need to face the legal process alone. A Lake Charles faulty or neglected vehicle maintenance lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to coordinate all aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery.
Our firm works on a contingency-fee-basis. Instead of being paid a set amount or hourly, our attorney fees come as a percentage of your settlement offer or court award, if and when you win your case. If we are unable to secure you compensation, you do not have to pay us attorney fees.
To learn more about working with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your case, call us today at (337) 777-7777. A staff member will be happy to discuss your accident and your legal options during your free, no-obligation case review.