Did an ordinary car trip end in a collision with a large truck in Iota? If you, passengers in your car, or a family member were injured in the collision, you may have the basis of a lawsuit or insurance settlement. If a family member was killed as a result of the accident, you may also be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Filing a claim for financial compensation on your own can be a time-consuming and complex process. A lawyer can help you understand the procedure, complicated legal language, and step-by-step process of filing a comprehensive and successful insurance claim or lawsuit. You may be able to pursue costs to cover:
- Emergency medical care
- Treatment and recovery
- Repair and replacement of personal property
- Childcare costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- And more
You are not alone, and you do not have to attempt to seek full compensation on your own. Review the details of your case with a team member from our firm as soon as possible after the accident in which you were involved. Contact the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
A Truck Accident in Iota Can Be Dangerous And Deadly
Louisiana is home to many beautiful sites and scenic drives. Because large trucks weigh much more than smaller passenger vehicles, the occupants of the smaller cars are at risk of serious injury or death in a collision. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the majority of fatalities in collisions between large trucks and smaller cars are the occupants of the smaller cars. The IIHS attributes the increased risk to passenger car drivers and occupants to the following factors:
- Large trucks can weigh as much as 30 times the weight of a typical passenger car
- Smaller trucks are more likely to be caught in the undercarriage of a large truck in a collision
- A heavy truck might need as much as 40% more stopping room and stopping time than a passenger car
In accidents involving large trucks and buses in fatal and injury crashes, as many as 96% of the resulting fatalities were the drivers and passengers in the smaller vehicle. When you are injured or a family member is killed in a large truck collision, speak to us as soon as possible about your financial recovery options.
If you or a member of your family was injured or if a family member was killed in an accident with a large truck, you should speak to an Iota truck accident lawyer right away. Speak to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 today.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Iota, call (337) 777-7777
Get Your Compensation Claim Started Immediately
When you are injured in a collision with a large truck, the very first thing you should do is have your injuries treated. Once your injuries are treated, you should contact a lawyer immediately. Contacting a lawyer is important for three reasons:
- You may be able to collect compensation from the driver, his employer, or his truck’s manufacturer. A lawyer can help you identify the right party or parties to pursue for your injuries and related expenses.
- Your expenses start adding up at the scene of the accident. You may be able to seek coverage for your damaged or destroyed car, medical bills, and income loss.
- In Louisiana, you generally have one year to file a claim from the date the accident occurred under LA CC 3492.
Filing a successful claim against the at-fault driver, his employer, or his truck’s manufacturer can take time. Failing to meet the state’s one-year deadline could mean you give up your right to ever hold the right person responsible for your injuries.
Avoid leaving money on the table by calling us as soon as you are able. Your lawyer can start building your case while you concentrate on your health and recovering from your injuries. Contact a Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
Retaining an Iota Truck Accident Lawyer Can Put You at Ease
Attempting to file a claim on your own can lead to stress and frustration. Your struggles are only compounded by your healing and recovery. A lawyer can help you by:
- Obtaining copies of your police and medical reports
- Assessing your current and ongoing medical expenses
- Identifying the right party to pursue for recovery
- Meeting the state’s predetermined filing deadline
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Accurately valuing your claim for full compensation
- Negotiating with the insurance companies
Do not risk settling for a smaller financial award package than you are entitled to or one that does not fully cover every aspect of your accident-related expenses.
Iota Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Pursue Your Claim for Full Financial Compensation
Evaluating and calculating the full scope of the current and future expenses you endured in an accident is complex. Without a full understanding of your accident-related expenses, you might receive a smaller monetary award than you may be entitled to collect.
We can help you correctly value your claim for financial compensation. An Iota truck accident lawyer can also negotiate a settlement that fully covers your accident-related expenses and losses. Connect with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 today.
We are waiting to hear your story and help you in any way we can. Reach out today to speak with a team member who can let you know more. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started working on your case. Let us fight on your behalf to bring the liable party or parties to justice after you were injured due to the neglect of a reckless truck driver. If you lost a loved one in your accident, you have our deepest sympathies. We know that compensation cannot replace them, but a financial award could help you pay any medical bills your loved one left behind.