Were you seriously harmed by a car, motorbike, or truck collision in Washington, Louisiana? Regardless of what you may have been told, you could be entitled to compensation. You have a right to hold the liable party accountable for your injuries through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
When you seek financial recovery, having someone fighting in your corner can be beneficial. A Washington car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can take the pressure off you by handling the major components of your case. You can learn more about our services and contingency-fee policy during a free case review.
Damages You Could Recover After a Car Accident in Washington, LA
If the facts of your case permit, you may be awarded a cash settlement for losses like these after a Washington car accident:
- Hospital care
- Prescription medicines
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Therapeutic treatments
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Our team of Washington car accident lawyers can help you identify your damages, determine the value of your claim, and fight for the compensation to which you may be entitled.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Washington, call (337) 777-7777
Common Mistakes After a Washington Car Accident
Unfortunate and dangerous as they are, auto collisions are a common occurrence in Louisiana. After such a collision, there are certain steps you’ll want to take to protect your case. If you make an error early on, it can be quite costly in terms of your potential settlement amount. Here are some typical examples of mistakes people make after accidents:
- Admitting fault at the scene or to the insurance adjuster
- Speculating or posting about the accident on social media
- Talking to the insurance company without a lawyer present
- Failing to report an accident that causes injury, death or property damage over $500 (RS 32:398)
- Avoiding or putting off going to the hospital for any potential injury
Avoiding common pitfalls like these can help protect your legal rights in the future. For example, going to the hospital soon after a collision can help protect you from further harm, as your injuries may be greater in scope than initially perceived at the time of the accident. Only medical professionals are qualified to diagnose long-term health effects resulting from a road collision.
Washington Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Car Accident Attorneys Can Protect Your Case
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we offer comprehensive legal services. We can take care of everything from the initial investigation to advocating for you in court. We will:
- Request supporting documents for you, such as your medical records and a copy of the police report
- Notify the insurance company and liable party of your case against them
- Negotiate for compensation that accounts for all your damages
- Explain what to expect as the case progresses and guide you as you make critical decisions
We’ll tailor our services to your specific needs once we understand the full scope of your case.
Hiring Our Law Firm Won’t Cost You Out of Pocket
By operating on contingency, we can protect our clients from further financial burden. In this fee arrangement, our firm:
- Gets started on the case with no retainers or hourly fees
- Fronts the cost of preparing and filing the claim or lawsuit
- Only gets paid at the end of a case when we secure a settlement or verdict
- Charges a percentage of the recovered compensation, rather than having clients pay out of pocket
We aim to provide representation that is affordable and accessible to all Louisiana residents.
Settlements and Verdicts We’ve Secured for Car Accident Victims
No two financial recoveries look the same, as our attorneys fight for compensation based on the specific damages experienced in the accident. For example, some of our past wins include:
- $5,250,000 for a client who suffered a brain injury in a collision
- $1,611,000 for a client who suffered spinal injuries in a collision
- $410,000 for a client who was rear-ended by a commercial truck
- $265,000 for a client who suffered a back injury in a collision
Our team will collect evidence to prove your exact damages and request appropriate compensation for them.
Common Injuries After a Car Accident
There are many injuries that can occur in an auto accident. While some conditions are usually obvious, such as broken bones, lacerations, and bruises, other collision injuries may not be noticeable early on in the aftermath of the accident. These might include:
- Whiplash: Per Healthline, this soft tissue injury to the neck and shoulders results from the head being whipped back and forth suddenly.
- Head injuries: Concussions or other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have very subtle symptoms, but they should always be taken seriously, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Internal trauma: Since you cannot see internal bleeding or organ damage, internal trauma is not easy to diagnose without a medical professional.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Per Mayo Clinic, this mental health condition causes symptoms such as severe anxiety and nightmares after a traumatic event.
Because the symptoms for so many injuries do not appear right away, it is vital to get checked out by a medical professional immediately after your accident if you have any possibility of being injured.
Getting medical care also creates a link between the accident and your injuries. If you go to the doctor days or even weeks later, the insurance company could try to argue that your injuries are unrelated to the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Benefits of Hiring a Washington Car Accident Lawyer
Going through a car accident is one of the toughest things people can experience. Auto collisions leave a lot of details and open variables waiting to be addressed, and people who have been in a car wreck often do not have extra time to devote to legal tasks and challenges.
Choosing to partner with a lawyer for legal representation is a personal decision, but these are some of the potential benefits of hiring a Washington car accident lawyer from our firm:
- Effective immediately: We can get started on your case right away.
- Attorney-client privilege: We’ll keep your case confidential as we advocate for you with other parties and advise you behind the scenes to protect your best interests.
- Paperwork handling: You do not have to worry about missing deadlines, as we’ll prepare your documents and submit them promptly.
- Help determining liability: Liability for a collision is not always straightforward, but we’ll get to the bottom of who could owe you damages.
- Communicating on your behalf: A lawyer on our team represents your wishes during negotiations, hearings, and other case matters.
- Case strength evaluation: We offer complimentary case reviews with no obligation to the client.
You can do a few things to help yourself directly after a car accident. Calling a lawyer is a risk-free step that can provide several benefits, some of which happen right away.
Agreeing to work with a legal office may provide a multitude of immediate impacts, such as the benefit of knowing everything you say is protected by attorney-client privilege – although this does not apply until you agree to have the attorney legally represent you.
Proving Negligence and Fault
In Louisiana, negligence often determines fault in an accident. This refers to a party that owed a standard of care to another but did not achieve that standard. To establish negligence, you (or your lawyer) must show the following:
- The duty of care: A debt of caution owed by drivers to other drivers, such as yielding the right of way when appropriate
- Breach of the above duty: Not living up to this basic standard
- Cause: Fault arises from being a direct cause of an outcome (The driver’s actions caused the collision.)
- Actual damages: Proof that you need compensation covering medical bills, lost income, etc.
Breaking any of the many rules of the road is one of the most common ways a driver breaches their duty of care on the road, exposing them to liability. A representative from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you determine who is at fault for your auto collision and collect evidence to establish these elements of negligence.
The Time to File a Lawsuit in Louisiana Is Limited
The state of Louisiana, like all U.S. states, puts a cap on how long you can wait before suing someone for your injuries. According to CC Art. 3492, this period typically lasts for just 12 months from the accident date, leaving victims with very little time to explore their legal options.
Because your time may be running out, consider getting in touch with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. An attorney from our firm can help you understand the facts of your case and how they apply to the nuances of local law in Washington, Louisiana.
Get Help From Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
No one wants to get into a car accident. However, the hazards of life often go in different directions than our expectations. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a Washington car collision, call the team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today, and start on the path towards financial and legal recovery: (337) 777-7777.