Catastrophic injuries are those that cause permanent injuries or disabilities that directly affect an individual’s quality of life. An injury can be classified as catastrophic if it makes it difficult or impossible for the individual to go about their daily routines. Injuries that affect mobility, vision, the limbs, sensation, or feeling can be termed catastrophic—as can some forms of disfigurement, mental anguish, and emotional trauma.
Catastrophic injuries do not affect just the victim. They also have a significant impact on members of the victim’s family who are often forced to make sacrifices and life changes of their own to give their affected loved one the care and attention that they need.
If you or someone you know was affected by a catastrophic injury, call (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation. We charge no fees unless a Ville Platte catastrophic injury lawyer wins damages for you, so call us today to learn about initiating a claim for damages.
Defining Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are those that have direct or proximate consequences that permanently prevent someone from performing gainful work. To put this definition another way, catastrophic injuries are those that are so serious that they leave the victim with some form of permanent damage that they will likely not be able to overcome and that prevents them from being able to work.
Catastrophic injuries often involve physical damage or trauma to the brain, the spinal cord, the limbs, or the sense organs. They can have a severe impact on how someone functions, both physically as well as mentally and socially. Serious burns, amputations, and disfigurement are also examples of catastrophic injuries.
Catastrophic injuries involve losing something that is a vital part of you as a person. This can take the form of a limb that is amputated, your ability to walk, or even mental issues such as lost mental acumen or the ability to perform critical reasoning.
If you were in an accident that caused a catastrophic injury to you or someone you know or love, you should seek compensation for those damages. A Ville Platte catastrophic injury lawyer can help you determine who was at fault for your injury, how much you should seek in terms of damages, and how to connect with the care and treatment centers that may be able to help you overcome some of your health issues.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Ville Platte, call (337) 777-7777
Compensation You May Be Able to Collect
There are many reasons you may have the right to seek compensation for a catastrophic injury.
- Serious injuries usually require expensive treatments. If you suffered one because of the actions of another party, you should be compensated.
- If you require long-term treatment, medications, surgeries, assistive devices, or changes made to the home to facilitate your injuries, you should not have to pay for those either. The at-fault party responsible for your injuries should pay these damages.
- If you cannot work because of your injury, you should be compensated for the wages you are no longer able to earn. Lost future wages are usually calculated using your last earned income and the number of productive work years you likely had left in life prior to your injury.
- You should also be compensated for the emotional trauma and mental damage that your accident caused you.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for more information about your legal options. We are prepared to give you a free case evaluation.
Ville Platte Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
We Can Help You Pursue Compensation for a Variety of Catastrophic Injuries
All of the injuries below are categorized as catastrophic.
- Physical injuries: These include amputations, burns, compound fractures, internal organ damage, and a loss of orthopedic functions.
- Spinal cord injuries: These are injuries that exclusively impact the spinal cord, leading to some form of permanent motor or sensory disability.
- Cognitive injuries: These can be very devastating and they can take a serious physical, financial, and mental toll on the patient—as well as his or her family. Catastrophic cognitive injuries involve some form of brain damage that inhibits a person’s ability to perform meaningful work, speak, communicate, or create new memories.
You may have had to change much of your lifestyle and expectations to care for a victim of a catastrophic injury. You may have lost your primary source of income. A personal injury case may allow you to pursue several forms of compensation to cover your losses, both economic and non-economic. We can help you seek amends and compensation for losses you suffer after a catastrophic accident, including compensation for:
- Lost past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lower quality of life
- Present and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
Expert Legal Assistance is a Call Away
Our team is just a call away. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers helps families affected by catastrophic injuries of all types understand the challenges they are faced with. A Ville Platte catastrophic injury lawyer will help you gather the evidence needed to build your case. Start the long process of healing and put the pain and devastation of your accident behind you.
Do not hesitate to contact us. We have helped many families like yours in the past work on their compensation cases and file for the damages to which they were entitled. Call now at (337) 777-7777.
Do Not Wait to Reach Out to Our Team
You may have a limited time to file a lawsuit under CC 3492. Generally, a victim of a personal injury has one year to take legal action after the date of their injury. The same limit applies to loved ones of a victim filing a wrongful death lawsuit. A lawyer can guide you throughout the entire legal process, including informing you of your options regarding statutes of limitations.
We are ready to take swift action to keep your rights to compensation from lapsing. We will also file all relevant paperwork with the proper parties in order to keep your case active.