There is no news more tragic than word of a loved one’s sudden, unexpected death. Our attorneys know that you’re in the midst of an extremely difficult time, and we want to help you get justice for your losses. A Scott fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may get compensation to cover funeral costs, medical expenses, and other damages you’ve suffered.
Our team has more than 250 years of combined legal experience. We will rely on this experience as we handle your case with urgency and discretion.
Recoverable Damages in a Scott Fatal Car Accident Case
Though it is difficult to measure the true impact of losing your loved one, that will be our firm’s responsibility. We will consider both the economic and non-economic costs of your loved one’s tragic passing, which may include:
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering in fatal car accident cases can include:
- Any physical pain and emotional distress the decedent may have felt during their accident
- Suicidal thoughts
- Other adverse emotional and psychological consequences of your loved one’s passing
A Scott fatal car accident lawyer from our firm will also work with mental health professionals. We will determine what treatment you may need for grief and other types of hardship. We will include the cost of treatment in your damages.
Lost Financial Support
A sudden death can put you under intense financial stress, as you may lose the decedent’s:
- Work-related benefits, which may include health insurance
- Future earning power
- Household skills
Our team will calculate how much financial support you have lost. We will project the decedent’s likely future earnings, and this sum could be substantial.
You may face funeral expenses, medical bills, invoices for vehicle repairs, and other expenses directly linked to the accident in Scott. We will include such expenses as we fight for your financial recovery.
Loss of Consortium (and Similar Losses)
The cost of losing a loved one ranges well beyond finances. You have lost someone important to you, and the greatest losses may include:
- The loss of companionship and intimacy
- The loss of parental guidance
- The loss of emotional and psychological support
Life may get substantially harder when you suffer a wrongful death. Your financial recovery should reflect the devastating nature of your loss, and we will work to see that it does.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer serving Scott, call (337) 777-7777
Why You Should Choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Lead Your Fatal Accident Case in Scott, LA
When you are dealing with a case as serious as yours, you should know that your lawyer is trustworthy. Our team of attorneys have more than 250 years of combined legal experience. With more than $200 million in cash settlements and verdicts recovered for our clients, we have proven our worth to accident victims.
You might also choose our firm because:
- We have Louisiana roots: Our team knows Louisiana, and we know how to navigate the civil justice system in Scott. Because our team includes many Louisiana natives, we care about our clients on a personal level. We will treat you like family because we truly consider our clients to be family.
- We have the resources necessary for wrongful death cases: Wrongful death cases often involve substantial settlements and verdicts. Liable parties may resist paying you what you deserve and may have lawyers of their own. We have the financial resources and personnel to take your case all the way to trial, if necessary.
- We are always available to you: We know that clients need us at all hours of the day and night, so we make sure that our team is available around the clock. We do our best to respond immediately to your questions and concerns.
- We handle wrongful death cases with the utmost sensitivity: Cases like yours require the greatest discretion. A wrongful death case may not be something you’re eager to pursue, but rather something you have to pursue. Our team will lead your case in a way that honors your loved one’s memory.
We will do everything that your case requires. You focus on your well-being and your loved ones; we’ll lead your legal fight.
Client Testimonials for Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Some of our former clients explain how we stood tall for them during their times of need:
- “David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.” – Kelsie
- “Digger helped me a lot. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be in the position I am right now. I would have nothing. He took care of everything for me. Digger got me back on my feet.” – Carl
We want to add you to the list of clients we have helped in their most difficult times.
Scott Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Services We Will Provide for Your Fatal Car Accident in Scott
Our attorneys do not fight cases alone. They have the support of paralegals, investigators, and any experts who we believe can strengthen your case. With this versatile team of professionals, we are able to:
- Gather evidence proving who caused your loved one’s accident
- Document your damages
- Calculate your losses
- Complete all case-related paperwork
- Oversee all communications
- Negotiate for the settlement you deserve
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
There may be other requirements necessary to complete your case. We will handle them. Regardless of how tough the legal road becomes, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will be by your side fighting for your financial recovery.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
A fatal car accident lawyer from our team serving Scott is ready to start your case. Don’t wait to call, because CC Art. 2315.2 generally requires us to file a wrongful death lawsuit within one year of your loved one’s passing. There can be exceptions to this statute, though, so call regardless of when your loved one’s accident happened.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.