A Rayne big rig accident lawyer can help you determine whether you can pursue a claim for compensation for your injuries and other losses after a truck crash. If someone else caused the collision that injured you, our personal injury team might be able to hold them financially accountable.
Services a Big Rig Accident Lawyer in Rayne, Louisiana Could Provide
Louisiana does not require hiring an attorney to handle your injury claim if you got hurt in a tractor-trailer collision, but there are many good reasons to do so. The claims adjuster might try to convince you that you do not need a lawyer working on your claim. However, if lawyers aren’t useful, why do insurance companies hire so many lawyers to help them?
Here are some of the services our Rayne big rig accident attorneys can perform on your behalf:
Investigate the Accident
We can gather all available evidence, including the police crash report. This can help us discover who could be liable for the accident. Sometimes, we can pursue a compensation claim against more than one defendant.
Calculate the Value of Your Case
After talking to you and investigating the situation, we can determine how much money we should ask for in settlement or from a jury.
Demand Fair Compensation From the Insurance Company
Armed with the information about the financial value of your case and the facts we uncovered in our investigation, we can write a demand letter to the insurance carrier of the at-fault party.
The defendant’s liability insurance carrier will respond with a denial, a counteroffer, or consent to pay the amount of money we justified in the demand letter. Another possibility is that the insurer will ignore the demand letter entirely.
The insurance company should not contact you directly after they get notice that we are handling your claim. You will not have to deal with any emails, phone calls, or letters from the negligent party’s insurance company.
Negotiate for a Fair Settlement
Our Rayne big rig injury lawyers can negotiate with the insurer to reach a fair settlement of your truck accident claim and protect you from bad faith tactics by the insurance company.
Most truck accident injury claims do settle, but in some cases, we may have to file a lawsuit before they will take your claim seriously.
Take Your Case to Court if Necessary
If we file suit and the case does not settle, we can perform discovery, like depositions, interrogatories, and other means of getting information about your case. We are fully prepared to take truck accident injury cases to trial if they are not resolved via settlement.
We treat all of our clients with respect and compassion. We understand that you have had a harrowing experience, and we want to help you get through this and rebuild your life.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Rayne, call (337) 777-7777
There Is a Deadline to File a Lawsuit on Your Truck Accident Claim
No matter how clear the liability is and how severe your injuries are, Louisiana does not give you much time to take legal action on your claim. CC Art. 3492 limits you to one year to file a lawsuit seeking compensation in a personal injury case like a tractor-trailer collision.
If your close relative died because of a truck accident, CC Art. 2315.2 only gives you one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit, seeking additional compensation.
A big rig accident attorney in Rayne, Louisiana can help you avoid problems like missing the statute of limitations.
Rayne Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Types of Money Damages in 18-Wheeler Crashes in Rayne
The amount and categories of monetary damages you can seek for your losses after a truck accident depend on your case’s unique facts. Every situation is different. Even if another person in the same car got injured in the same crash, their injury claim could be quite different from yours. Our Rayne big rig accident lawyers can explore the types of compensation you could recover.
Some of the common categories of losses in tractor-trailer collisions include:
- Medical expenses. Truck crashes often cause severe injuries that require an ambulance, emergency room or trauma center, hospital, doctors, physical therapy, and prescription drugs. Some people need surgery to repair their wounds. Other healthcare service expenses could be recoverable if directly related to your injuries.
- Lost wages. People often miss time from work after suffering serious injuries in a tractor-trailer collision. If you did not receive your regular wages while away from the job recuperating, this loss can be a part of your claim.
- Pain and suffering. Getting hurt in a big rig accident typically involves physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress.
- Wrongful death. If your close relative died because of wounds received in an 18-wheeler collision that was someone else’s fault, we might be able to seek additional compensation for the surviving family.
These categories represent just a few possible types of losses that could result from a semi-truck crash.
Click to contact our Rayne Truck Accident Lawyers today
Who You Can Sue for Your Injuries and Losses After a Tractor-Trailer Wreck in Rayne
You could sue the party who caused the truck accident through their negligence for your injuries and losses. If the truck driver caused or contributed to the collision, they might find themselves as a defendant in a personal injury lawsuit. We may also sue the truck driver’s employer.
If another driver caused or contributed to the accident through carelessness, we might file a lawsuit against them. In some situations, two or more mistakes combine to cause a collision. If that is the case in your accident, we might be able to sue more than one defendant for damages. You can talk to our Rayne big rig accident attorneys about any possible defendants in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Three Pitfalls That Could Hurt the Economic Value of Your Truck Accident Injury Case
We encourage you to avoid these mistakes that could impact the financial value of your injury claim:
- Delaying getting medical treatment. If you have not already received a medical assessment, please do so immediately. Your medical records will link your injuries to the accident. The more time that passes between the accident and your medical evaluation, the harder it can be to connect them.
- Accepting a quick, lowball settlement offer. Claims adjusters love to dangle settlement offers in front of people before they are even out of the hospital. If you settle your injury claim too early and later need additional medical treatment, you would likely have to pay those bills out of your pocket.
- Going public with information about the accident or your injuries. You should resist the temptation to post photos or comments about the collision or your injuries on social media. The insurance company can get and use these things against you, even out of context.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today to Start On Your Big Rig Accident Case
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers would be happy to talk to you about your big rig accident case. We do not charge anything for the initial consultation. Also, we handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you only have to pay legal fees if you win.
Contact us today to learn more about how a Rayne big rig accident lawyer from our team can help with your case.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form