As a law firm rooted in Louisiana, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers feels great empathy for victims of fatal car accidents in Opelousas. We are motivated to get justice for you and your loved ones. We may recover compensation for your pain and suffering, funeral expenses, loss of a loved one’s financial support, and other damages.
An Opelousas fatal car accident lawyer from our firm will handle your case. This will allow you to work through your grief without worrying about the legal process.
Why Hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Lead Your Fatal Car Accident Case in Opelousas?
If you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, you deserve justice for your loss. Your deceased loved one deserves justice, too. In many cases, a driver or other party may not face criminal charges for causing someone else’s death. Even if a person is criminally liable, we encourage you to pursue a lawsuit.
Your fatal car accident lawsuit in Opelousas may:
- Be how you hold liable parties responsible for causing your loved one’s death
- Cover the economic cost of the accident
- Offset the financial cost of losing your loved one
- Provide compensation to cover grief counseling and other treatments for your pain and suffering
Your lawsuit is about far more than money. We want to honor your loved one’s memory and help you move steadily forward from this difficult time in your life. We encourage you to choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to lead your case because:
- We care deeply about wrongful death victims in Louisiana: Our firm has deep ties to Louisiana. When you lose a loved one in Opelousas, we take it personally. We will work to hold liable parties accountable because we care about you, and we care about the safety of Louisiana.
- We get results: When you hire a law firm, you should first see their track record of results. Our firm has recovered more than $200 million for our clients. You can review the judgments and settlements we have gotten for car accident victims and other clients.
- We prioritize client service: Our clients know immediately that they matter to us. We listen carefully, go the extra mile to honor any requests you have, treat you with respect, and remember the details of your case. You will be our priority, and it will show in the way we represent you.
- We are always available when you need us: Communication between clients and their lawyers is crucial. When you have questions, we will have answers. When you have concerns, we will address them. Our team is available to our clients 24/7, and we’re only a call, text, or email away.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) explains that Louisiana has more fatal motor vehicle accidents than most states. Our firm has substantial experience representing victims like you. We will fight for the recovery you deserve so that you can focus on yourself and your loved ones.
An Opelousas fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will deal with insurance companies, civil defense attorneys, and others involved in your case. We’ll resolve your legal case in Opelousas just as we have for countless other clients.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer serving Opelousas, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Losses for Fatal Car Accident Victims in Opelousas
The National Safety Council (NSC) calculates the cost of a fatal motor vehicle accident to be $1.75 million. However, this figure only accounts for certain damages. When we consider the non-economic costs of losing your loved one, the cost could be far greater.
We will seek money to cover:
- Your loved one’s non-economic value to you: This can include their spousal companionship, the guidance they provided as a parent, and other non-economic benefits they gave to others.
- Pain and suffering: This category of loss may include the decedent’s pain and emotional anguish, your grief, lost quality of life, and other types of suffering.
- Medical costs, funeral expenses, and property damage: These are economic damages that we often see in wrongful death cases. Our team will seek money to cover all medical bills, funeral costs, vehicle repairs, and other expenses resulting from the accident.
- Lost financial support: You may get compensation for the decedent’s lost future income, household services, and other types of financial support.
Each case we handle presents us with unique damages. Our team will work with you, medical professionals, mental health professionals, and experts to identify all of your losses.
Opelousas Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How a Lawyer from Our Team Will Handle Your Fatal Car Accident Case in Opelousas
When we accept a fatal car accident case in Opelousas, we handle the legal process from start to finish. We will serve you by:
- Identifying all parties who owe you compensation
- Gathering evidence of liable parties’ negligence
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Hiring any experts who can improve your case
- Drafting, organizing, and filing all case-related paperwork
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Leading settlement negotiations
We have negotiated many settlements for our clients and may do the same for you. However, our attorneys serving Opelousas are just as capable in the courtroom as they are in settlement negotiations. If we need to take your case to court, we will.
You Pay No Upfront Costs or Fees When You Hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
A wrongful death is stressful enough, and our firm ensures that you will not face any financial pressure because of us. You will pay nothing up front or out of your own pocket. Our firm will cover all case-related costs, and we’ll only receive an attorney’s fee if we succeed for you.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
An Opelousas fatal car accident lawyer can prevent you from facing the details of your loved one’s passing. We’ll handle your case in Opelousas with privacy and sensitivity for your loss. You deserve justice, but you don’t have to relive your loved one’s accident—we’ll handle the entire legal process.
Don’t wait to call. CC Art. 2315.2 generally requires us to file a wrongful death lawsuit within one year of the victim’s passing. There can be exceptions, so call even if it has been more than a year since your loved one passed away. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.