Metairie, Louisiana, is a bustling part of Jefferson Parish, having been the first suburb created in the New Orleans area. With so many activities to do and sites to explore, locals and tourists alike often hop in taxis to get around the town and enjoy festivities. However, the fun can quickly stop once a car accident occurs.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a taxicab, you might be entitled to receive financial compensation for the damages you sustained. You might be entitled to compensation in a taxicab accident case if you or your loved one was:
- A pedestrian who got hit by a taxicab while crossing the street
- A passenger vehicle occupant who got hit by a taxicab
- A passenger inside the taxicab
- A bicyclist who got hit by a taxicab
A Metairie taxicab accident lawyer can review your case to determine your and the taxicab driver’s roles in the accident, including whether you qualify for compensation. Feel free to call our firm at
Multiple Parties Might Be Held Liable in Taxicab Accidents
Taxicab drivers are commercial drivers, which means their employers might share partial liability when accidents occur. If the taxicab driver is an employee of a taxi company and was working a shift at the time of the accident, the taxi company might be held partially liable for damages. Employers are generally responsible for their employees’ behavior, but they can also be considered negligent if they:
- Pressured their employees to work longer shifts than is legally allowed
- Did not perform background checks on their employees’ driving history
- Knowingly hired an employee with a history of driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges
- Failed to perform regular maintenance checks or repairs on their taxis
- Took other shortcuts that jeopardized the safety of their vehicles
Other parties that might be liable in a taxicab accident besides the driver and the taxicab company might be the mechanic who last worked on the taxi, the municipality that governs road conditions in the area the accident occurred, and a third vehicle driver also involved in the accident. Your lawyer may read your crash report to determine who might be involved in your accident and then advise you on who to pursue compensation from.
For a free legal consultation with a taxicab accident lawyer serving Metairie, call (337) 777-7777
You Might Able to Recover Your Accident-Related Damages
Being injured in a taxicab accident can lead to other inconvenient damages if your injuries hinder your ability to work, move, or get around the city. When pursuing compensation from the at-fault driver, you might want to fully consider the kind of damages they caused besides property damage. If an accident forced you to experience multiple forms of losses, then you should not settle for less than what you might be entitled to receive.
Your lawyer can help you calculate your losses. They might first listen to the immediate financial losses you experienced, then ask about general forms of losses you might not realize are compensable. For example, while most people might come up with economic damages (e.g., medical bills, lost income, and vehicle repair bills), there is a variety of non-economic damages that victims can claim, such as:
- Physical pain they suffered from their injuries
- The emotional pain of dealing with a permanent injury, scar, or change in appearance
- Loss of consortium, or experiencing changes in relationship dynamics because of an injury
- Loss of society if your injuries prevent you from being an active member of your community
Your Metairie taxicab accident lawyer may suggest other damages to claim depending on the inconveniences you experienced after the accident. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we want to make sure your damages are accurately accounted for. Let us know what you went through in a free consultation, which you can start by calling us at
If a Taxicab Accident Led to Your Loved One’s Death
In worst-case scenarios, a traffic accident can lead to a fatality, leaving surviving family members to mourn the loss of their loved one. If you lost a loved one to an unfortunate taxicab accident, you might be eligible to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit if you are the decedent’s:
- Parent or legal guardian
- Personal representative
You can hire a lawyer to help you assess the damages you incurred because of the death of your loved one, which can go beyond funeral expenses. You might also be eligible to receive compensation for:
- Loss of financial support if the decedent provided for you and your family
- Loss of companionship for spouses
- Loss of parental guidance for children
- Loss of consortium for family members in general
- Medical debt if they received emergency care right before their death
Metairie Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on Your Case
Interested in filing a personal injury lawsuit against a taxicab driver or company? A Metairie taxicab accident lawyer can help you build your case and prepare the paperwork to file your case before the deadline. Yes, there is a deadline on how long you have to file a civil action lawsuit for compensation.
According to the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, you have one year since you sustained your injuries in the taxicab accident to file your lawsuit. If you are suing more than one liable party, you may have to file separate lawsuits against each party, which must also be done before the statutory deadline.
If you need help figuring out who to sue or pursue compensation from, you can call our firm at