There is no pain like suddenly and unexpectedly losing a loved one. Truckers and trucking companies whose negligence claims lives must account for their actions, and we want to help your family get the justice they deserve.
A Marksville fatal truck accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can seek a fair settlement for your pain and suffering, funeral costs, medical bills, and other damages from the accident. We will show you the compassion and competence you need during this difficult time.
Our Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers Can Lead the Legal Process in Marksville
It takes time to mourn a late loved one. In our experience, those who have lost a family member because of a motor vehicle accident are not generally prepared to deal with a legal case. We will give you the time and space you need to heal without worrying about a wrongful death lawsuit.
You should not wait to hire our team.CC Art. 2315.2 generally allows wrongful death victims in Louisiana one year to file a lawsuit. This is not very much time, especially considering that you may be occupied with funeral arrangements, estate-related affairs, and your own grief.
Our team can start and complete the legal process for you and help by:
- Investigating the fatal truck accident in Marksville: Our team can quickly gather evidence from the accident. We may need to get black box data from the trucking company and will take all legal actions necessary to secure evidence. A fatal truck accident attorney from our team will also interview witnesses, hire an expert to reconstruct your accident, and take other steps to document the collision.
- Identifying liable parties: Once we determine the cause of thetruck accident, we’ll identify all liable parties. If a trucker caused your accident, their employer may be liable for your loved one’s tragic passing.
- Documenting your losses: We must clarify how your loved one’s passing has affected you. In doing so, we can gather medical records, employment records, funeral invoices, and other documents proving your damages.
- Seeking the settlement you are entitled to recover: We will negotiate with liable parties or their attorneys. We will stand behind our calculation of your damages, negotiating for a fair financial settlement.
- Proceeding to trial, if necessary: Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is always prepared for trial. If circumstances require, we will proceed to civil court in Marksville. We will seek to get a favorable verdict from a jury, and they may award you a fair judgment for your immense loss.
These are only a few of the duties we’ll handle for you, though they are major parts of a truck accident case. We will also complete paperwork, communicate with others involved in your lawsuit, deal with insurance companies, and take care of every other step in your case.
Reasons to Hire Our Lawyer for a Truck Accident Case in Marksville
Truck accident cases are generally more complicated than other motor vehicle accident cases. You may want to hire our truck accident lawyer in Marksville, LA, because:
- We may need to get evidence from the trucking company and take certain legal steps to do so.
- We may need to hire experts to help prove why the accident happened and who is liable.
- Trucks are complex vehicles with multiple components (including a cab and trailer), and explaining how a truck accident happened can be complicated.
- Wrongful death cases often involve significant compensation, and the cost of losing your case may be great.
You may also be emotionally and psychologically drained right now. Even if you had a legal background, you may not feel up to handling a lawsuit. Our fatal truck accident attorneys in Marksville, LA, can assume related responsibilities for you while you focus on your well-being.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal truck accident lawyer serving Marksville, call (318) 310-8922
Recoverable Damages in Fatal Truck Accident Cases in Marksville
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we consider the entire picture of a wrongful death, accounting for specific damages like:
- Pain and suffering: This includes both your pain and suffering (including grief and lost quality of life) and the decedent’s pain and suffering (including physical pain and emotional distress).
- Funeral expenses: Your loved one deserves a proper send-off, and we will seek full coverage for their funeral.
- Medical costs: Life-preserving treatment can be expensive, even when the treatment does not ultimately succeed. We may account for all medical expenses stemming from the fatal truck accident in Marksville.
- Loss of companionship and guidance: We will work to understand what the decedent’s spouse, children, and other loved ones have lost because of the sudden death.
- Lost financial support: We generally find that money is the farthest thing from the minds of those who lose a loved one. As your lawyers, though, we must look out for your financial well-being. We can account for lost income, work benefits, and other financial support you have experienced.
Each client we represent presents unique circumstances. We may work with you, your doctors, our experts, and anyone else who can shed light on the cost of your loved one’s passing.
Marksville Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (318) 310-8922
Our Truck Accident Wrongful Death Lawyers Provide Top Client Care
We consider our clients members of the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers family. When you lose a loved one, you deserve compassion and patience in every respect. This is what our firm will provide you, along with robust legal representation.
Our former clients praise our attorneys, paralegals, and support staff. You will not pay us anything up front or out of your own pocket, and we will put all of our resources into your case.
Have Our Truck Accident Death Lawyers Get to Work for You Today
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development, there were 114 crashes involving buses and large trucks in 2021 in Louisiana. Those affected by these tragedies should have legal recourse.
A Marksville fatal truck accident lawyer from our firm is ready to help you. Time is of the essence, so do not wait. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.