If you’ve been hurt in an Uber accident as a passenger, you’re entitled to an Uber lawsuit settlement. Seek the services of a Marksville Uber accident lawyer since Uber accident claims can be complicated due to multiple insurance policies and unclear rules regarding coverage.
A lawyer will offer you legal guidance and advice, identify all potential avenues for compensation, collect and preserve evidence, and negotiate with the insurance provider to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.
How a Marksville Uber Accident Lawyer Can Help
Were you involved in an Uber car accident in Marksville, Louisiana? A Marksville Uber accident lawyer can help with your claim. Many people choose to use Uber since ridesharing services are considered convenient, safe, and affordable. If your Uber driver gets into a road accident, it’s advisable to know your legal options.
Your Marksville Uber accident lawyer will explain the legal options available for you to seek financial compensation if the driver is liable or was acting negligently.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Circumstances Where Uber Insurance Coverage Changes
After an Uber accident happens, insurance coverage changes according to these different scenarios:
Uber Driver’s App Is Off
Uber drivers depend on their auto insurance when the Uber app is switched off. If your Uber driver gets into a road accident when the app is not running, their auto insurance will cover them.
Uber Driver’s App Is On, but There’s No Passenger in Their Vehicle
When the Uber driver is working with their car, Uber offers additional liability insurance on top of the Uber driver’s car insurance. If the Uber driver’s app has no passenger in their vehicle during the accident, primary personal auto insurance is used first. Uber then offers $50,000 per injury as liability coverage (maximum coverage: $100,000 with $25,000 for property damage).
Uber Driver Has the App On, and There’s a Passenger in the Vehicle
Coverage of $1 million is provided by Uber when the driver is carrying a passenger and is liable for the accident. This policy also covers any injured third parties, like pedestrians, other vehicle occupants, or a cyclist on the road. The Uber driver’s auto insurance is exhausted first, and then liability will begin covering the rest.
Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage with Uber
Drivers who don’t have car insurance or are without enough can be liable for accidents. If you’re involved in an Uber accident caused by another motorist without car insurance, uninsured or underinsured coverage could protect you and the Uber driver. Uber offers $1 million in uninsured or underinsured for accidents where the liable driver has no car insurance.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Steps to Follow After an Uber Accident
When you’re involved in an Uber accident, here are steps to follow immediately to protect your health, rights, and claim:
- Stay Calm: A car accident happens suddenly, and it can be a traumatic and horrific experience. Suppose you are involved in an Uber accident. In that case, whether you’re a passenger, pedestrian, or another driver, the first thing to do is to remain calm until you can hire a Marksville Uber accident lawyer because you’re responsible for your case.
- Seek Medical Assistance: Immediately after the accident, it’s essential to get examined by a doctor. You shouldn’t wait before seeking medical treatment because such a decision will harm your case if you decide to pursue financial compensation. Immediate medical care documents the extent of injuries and costs that can be used during your injury claim.
- Collect Evidence: If your Uber is involved in an accident, use your cell phone to take videos or pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and the vehicles involved. Also, you should take photos of the drivers’ insurance information and licenses. Collect contact details of eyewitnesses if there is a need to contact them later. An eyewitness can make a difference in determining the party responsible for the accident.
- Talk to the Police: Ensure you notify the law enforcement officials about your Uber accident. Give the officials all the information they will request. The police will collect evidence, interview witnesses, and report the accident. Later, you can access a copy of the police report, which you can use as evidence when filing your claim.
- Contact an Uber Accident Lawyer: After being involved in an Uber accident, consider seeking the legal advice of an Uber accident lawyer. Uber accident claims are known to have complex insurance coverage issues; therefore, the services of a lawyer are highly crucial to investigate the accident thoroughly. Also, your lawyer will strive to ensure you receive just compensation.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
After being involved in an Uber accident and sustaining injuries, you might receive financial compensation for the following:
- Current and Future Medical Costs: This includes doctor’s fees, ambulance rides, hospital stays, radiology, physical therapy, surgeries, meditation, and extended care.
- Lost Wages: You’re entitled to financial compensation if you couldn’t work due to injuries related to the Uber accident.
- Vehicle Damages: If your vehicle was damaged during the accident, the liable party’s insurance company would compensate you for repairs or replacement if it was destroyed.
- Non-economic Losses: Such losses include emotional distress, pain, suffering, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Your Marksville Uber accident lawyer will investigate your accident to determine the extent of injuries and damages to help accurately value your claim and pursue full compensation on your behalf.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
Common Causes of Uber Crashes
The common causes of Uber accidents are not different from other auto accidents, and they include:
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Distracted driving
- Driving while impaired
- Driver error
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
If you were injured in an Uber accident in Marksville, it would be best to immediately contact an Uber accident lawyer to protect your claim and receive legal help. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we are ready to start working on your case, and we require no upfront fees or costs.
Our team will help you pursue full compensation from the insurance company for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering as you recover. If negotiations fail, we will litigate on your behalf to help you find closure. Call us today for legal help.