Rideshare drivers, like every other type of driver, can make mistakes. Sometimes, those mistakes are serious enough to cause a car crash. If you were the victim of such a crash, a Jefferson Parish rideshare accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to represent you. We can help you navigate which insurance policies to file a claim with and manage all communications and negotiations during your case.
For a free case review with our car accident team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777.
Pursuing Compensation After a Ridesharing Accident
If you were involved in a car accident with a rideshare driver, you might qualify for compensation. This may be true if you were a passenger in the rideshare vehicle or if you were in another car that was hit by a rideshare driver.
The insurance claim process for a ridesharing accident may be different from a normal car accident. For example, both Uber and Lyft provide their drivers with several tiers of insurance coverage for different situations. The ridesharing company’s insurance may cover accidents that occur when:
- The app is on, and the driver is waiting for a ride, but they have not been matched with a passenger yet.
- The app is on, and the driver has been matched with a passenger, or the passenger is in the vehicle being driven to their destination.
If the app is turned off, the rideshare driver’s personal insurance policy may cover an accident they cause.
A Jefferson Parish Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you figure out what insurance policy may cover your damages.
To learn more about your legal rights and options, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. A member of our team can review the qualities of your case during a free consultation.
You May Qualify for Two Types of Compensation
Your accident may entitle you to economic damages, noneconomic damages, or both.
Economic damages may compensate you for financial burdens stemming from the accident. These may include:
- Loss of income: If you missed work due to your injuries or the accident and thus couldn’t earn wages, tips, and benefits as usual
- Lost earning capacity: If you can no longer earn the kind of money you did before your injuries
- Medical costs: If you received medical care for your injuries, such as a trip to the hospital, other emergency care, pain medications, surgery, assistive devices, or related treatment going forward
- Property damage: If your car requires repairs or the insurance company totaled it
Noneconomic damages may compensate you for your bodily injuries, both physical and psychological. These may include:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries caused you any distress, either physical or emotional
- Disfigurement: If you have significant scarring caused by your injuries
- Disability: If your injuries affected your physical or intellectual abilities
You may need to prove the value of your damages for your insurance claim or lawsuit. With economic damages, you may be able to calculate the value by adding up your missed paychecks, medical bills, and other documented expenses. With non-economic damages, it is often more difficult to assign appropriate dollar amounts. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you with this process when we represent you.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Jefferson Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Let a Lawyer From Our Firm Do the Hard Work
The length and difficulty of your lawsuit may depend on many factors, such as how many liable parties there are, how the accident affected your life, and whether or not the liable party’s insurance company is cooperative with your case.
Instead of trying to handle everything yourself, let Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers assume your legal burden. We can take care of every aspect of your lawsuit while you focus on your recovery. Our services may include the following:
Managing the Communications
We can communicate with all parties on your behalf, including the insurance companies or their lawyers. Doing so allows us to control the narrative of your case, protecting it from any potential issues that may arise, such as accusations of fault.
Looking for Evidence
We can go to various sources to strengthen your claim, searching for corroborating evidence. This evidence may take the form of:
- A police report
- Your medical records
- Witness statements
- Surveillance video from nearby businesses, traffic cameras, and other sources
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Photos of your car and injuries
Our lawyers can use such evidence to determine what happened and prove fault, liability for your damages, and the value of your case. The more evidence we collect early on, the more likely we’ll be able to build a compelling case against the liable party.
Preparing Your Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
In addition to putting together evidence, we can help you identify all possible types of damages you may qualify to receive and even put a “price tag” on each one. We handle this task carefully to ensure that:
- No potentially recoverable damages get left out of your case
- Your case accurately reflects the cost of these damages
- We limit any unexpected out-of-pocket costs related to the rideshare collision once the case closes
As your lawyer builds your case, they can talk to you about your options and the best course of action. Then, once everything is set, we can notify all potentially liable parties about your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Seeking Compensation Through a Settlement
After filing your insurance claim, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can sit at the negotiating table to argue for compensation on your behalf. Many personal injury cases resolve at this stage.
We may go through several rounds of negotiations, depending on the insurer’s settlement offers. If you receive a settlement offer that addresses the damages you experienced, you are free to accept it, and we’ll proceed to close the case. Otherwise, our attorneys can continue negotiating or take the case to trial.
Going to Court in Jefferson Parish
If the insurance company does not make you a fair settlement offer, your lawyer may be able to take your case to trial, where they can try to convince a judge or jury to award you compensation.
We will explain what to expect from this process and prepare you for any court appearances you need to make.
Jefferson Parish Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Rideshare Collision Case
When you hire our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team, we’ll go to bat for you with the insurance company and in court. We aim to make this process as stress-free as possible for you, so you have the time and space you need to heal.
We Offer No Win, No Fee Legal Services
The aftermath of any collision can be filled with mounting financial worries. However, we never want to add to this stress with attorney’s fees, which is why our firm takes cases on contingency.
Our attorneys get started on a case for no initial cost and cover any expenses related to the case. If we secure a settlement or verdict in your case, we will take a percentage of that compensation as our fee. You never have to worry about paying out-of-pocket for our services.
Past Clients Praise the Support We Provide
- “Integrity, professionalism, and most important the willingness to go above and beyond expectations.” – Tara Hiykel
- “They are very quick to get back to me. They are always polite and friendly and helpful. They helped me to get all the info I needed to have. I would definitely refer them to whoever needs a lawyer!!” – Carol Lohse
- “Laborde Earles is by your side always. I don’t know where I’d be without the help from them. Very firm, professional and keeps me posted on my case.” – Keana Prejean
You Have Little Time to Act After a Collision in Louisiana
Be aware that Louisiana sets a one-year statute of limitations, or legal time limit, on personal injury lawsuits, per CC Art. 3492. Waiting longer than one year after your accident to take legal action could mean the court dismisses your lawsuit.
Once our team takes on your case, we’ll identify the filing deadline and prepare your case accordingly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has helped many accident victims over the years. A Jefferson Parish Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to do the same for you. We are willing to take on a ridesharing company or any other party who may be liable for your damages.
If you are considering taking legal action after a ridesharing accident, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777. A member of our team can evaluate your case at no charge.