Jefferson Island is a hotbed of tourism and commercial truck traffic. 18-wheelers in the area must contend with narrow local roads, tight turns, and numerous distractions. Along Jefferson Island Road, semi-truck drivers must pay special attention to avoid collisions while contending with distractions like road closures, detours, and construction.
If you were in an accident with an 18-wheeler in Jefferson Island, Louisiana law offers you the opportunity to recover your economic and non-economic losses. A Jefferson Island 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help.
Which Losses Can I Recover Following a Jefferson Island 18-Wheeler Accident?
When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you benefit from more than 250 years of combined experience in Louisiana injury law. We will put our knowledge to work to secure the maximum possible settlement on your behalf. Losses we could recover include:
- Economic losses, including lost income, reduced future income, hospital bills, prescription medication, and medical devices
- Non-economic losses, like pain and suffering, psychological distress, reduced quality of life, and loss of companionship
The extent and severity of your injuries largely determines the value of your case. 18-wheeler settlements and verdicts can range from a few thousand dollars for minor injuries to millions of dollars for catastrophic injuries.
Our Successful Verdicts and Settlements
The 18-wheeler attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have extensive experience handling semi-truck injury cases across Louisiana. Since our establishment, we have recovered more than $600 million in settlements and jury verdicts, including:
- $7 million settlement for an injured 18-wheeler driver
- $2.7 million settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1.8 million settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- $1.75 million trial verdict for an 18-wheeler accident victim
When you entrust your case to our Jefferson Island 18-wheeler accident lawyer, you can rest easy knowing that we will tirelessly pursue the money you deserve for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Jefferson Island, call (337) 777-7777
Dedicated Representation From Skilled 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys
Our team is committed to representing semi-truck injury victims in Jefferson Island and throughout Louisiana. We offer a free case evaluation to ensure that you have grounds to pursue a claim per Louisiana law. Once we establish the validity of your claim, we will help you decide on your next steps.
What Can Our Law Firm Do for You?
If we agree to represent you in your Jefferson Island 18-wheeler case, our team will begin preparing your case immediately. We will:
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, including videos and photos of the 18-wheeler’s final resting place, skid marks, and damage to other vehicles
- Obtain witness statements and expert testimony to prove the cause of your semi-truck collision
- Establish the full value of your economic and non-economic losses
- Submit a demand letter to seek the full value of your 18-wheeler accident losses
- Negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- File your 18-wheeler accident injury lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires
Statute of Limitations for Louisiana 18-Wheeler Accident Cases
Louisiana law only allows one year from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for the 18-wheeler accident. When you are in the process of recovering from your injuries, this time passes surprisingly quickly.
Give yourself the best chance for a fair settlement by contacting Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers as soon as possible after your accident. While you focus on your recovery, we will take the steps necessary to protect your legal right to compensation after a Jefferson Island 18-wheeler collision.
We Represent 18-Wheeler Accident Victims on Contingency
Finances are a very real concern after an 18-wheeler accident. Severe injuries from a semi-truck collision often require significant and expensive medical intervention. When you are severely injured, you may be unable to work, and your bills could start to pile up.
We understand the financial concerns associated with your 18-wheeler injury, which is why we take our semi-truck accidents on contingency. Not only do we help you seek financial recovery for the accident, we charge nothing up front for our legal services and court costs.
Rather than charging fees, we take a percentage of the settlement once we win your case. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid. That way, you can expend your energy on more important things like recovering your health and supporting your family.
Jefferson Island 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who Can I Hold Liable for a Semi-Truck Accident in Jefferson Island, LA?
Many parties can be held accountable for an 18-wheeler accident. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the collision, there could even be several at-fault parties. To seek the maximum settlement value, we will pursue compensation from all of the at-fault parties. These may include:
- The truck driver, if they were fatigued, reckless, speeding, distracted, or driving while intoxicated
- The truck driver’s employer, if the driver was improperly licensed or if company policy forced the driver to operate outside Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) hours regulations
- The manufacturer of defective or broken parts, if car or truck equipment failure caused the 18-wheeler accident
- The truck repair or maintenance company, for accidents caused by poor truck maintenance or broken parts
- The establishment responsible for road maintenance and repairs, if the road quality caused the semi-truck accident
- Another driver, if they were intoxicated, distracted, reckless, inattentive, or aggressive
Anyone involved in a semi-truck accident could be held responsible, so it is important to speak with an 18-wheeler attorney in Jefferson Island, LA, as soon as possible to defend your right to fair compensation.
Ways to Protect Your Legal Rights After a Jefferson Island 18-Wheeler Accident
Insurance companies will often try to reduce their payout on claims in order to maximize profits. They may try to imply that you were wholly or partially at fault for the 18-wheeler crash. Alternatively, they may try to downplay the severity of your injuries. Take the following steps to protect your right to financial recovery:
- Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Complete all therapy as prescribed.
- Do not discuss your case with friends or on social media.
- Hire an attorney right away.
- Do not agree to a settlement or waiver of liability.
- Avoid speaking with the insurance company about your claim until you consult with your lawyer.
Contact Our Jefferson Island 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer to Discuss Your Claim
If you or a loved one suffered a severe injury from an 18-wheeler accident in Jefferson Island, LA, our personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and resources to pursue financial recovery on your behalf.
Reach out to the 18-wheeler accident attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to discuss your legal options.