In recent years, ridesharing services like Uber have become very popular. Despite offering many Americans a convenient travel option, Ubers also pose a potential threat to riders. Like other cars, Ubers are also susceptible to accidents, which can cause severe and life-threatening consequences.
If your Uber is involved in an accident and you get injured as a passenger, you can hire a Jeanerette Uber accident lawyer for legal assistance. Our lawyer can help file your injury claim and ensure you receive total financial compensation from the insurer.
The Role of a Jeanerette Uber Accident Lawyer
Were you involved in an Uber car accident in Jeanerette? As a passenger, you might be eligible for compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, and physical and emotional pain. However, Uber injury claims can be very complex due to multiple insurance policies and their confusing rules on coverage.
Therefore, it would be best to hire a Jeanerette Uber accident lawyer to support you throughout the legal process. Your lawyer will help you navigate the complicated insurance policies and rideshare laws as you pursue your injury claim for a positive outcome. Here are ways we shall help with your injury case:
- Give you legal representation and advice during your injury claim
- Investigate and gather credible evidence to build a strong claim case
- Negotiate with the insurer for the best financial compensation you deserve
- Work with experts like doctors and police to identify the liability and the seriousness of your injuries
- Identify all potential avenues for compensation
- Present a compelling case in court if the insurance company is not ready to settle for reasonable compensation
After being involved in an Uber accident, hiring a personal injury lawyer will improve your chances of receiving total financial compensation from the insurance provider.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Jeanerette, call (337) 777-7777
What to Do After an Uber Accident
If you are involved in an Uber accident as a passenger, here are a few steps you can follow immediately after the accident:
- Stay Calm: Experiencing a car accident can be horrific and violent since it’s something that takes place suddenly. The most crucial step to take if you’re involved in an Uber accident is to try and remain calm because you are responsible for your injury case until you can get in touch with a lawyer.
- Seek Medical Care: Another crucial step is getting a qualified medical doctor to examine your injuries. Besides ensuring your safety, immediate medical care also helps document the damages. The medical reports are used as evidence during the filing of your injury claim.
- Take Videos and Pictures: You should take photos or videos of the accident scene and vehicles involved using your cell phone. Also, ensure you have a photo showing the driver’s license and insurance information. The pictures and videos you take can be used as evidence when filing your injury claim.
- Speak to Law Enforcement Officials: After the Uber accident, engage with the investigating officer to get an account of the event leading to the accident and the nature of your injuries. Also, provide any other information that the officer may request. Upon request, the investigation officer will provide you with an accident crash report and the crash report number. The crash report will be used when filing your injury claim.
- Contact a Lawyer: Uber accidents are known to have complex insurance coverage issues. A Jeanerette Uber accident lawyer could assist you in navigating the legal complexities that come with an Uber claim.
Jeanerette Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Are Passengers Protected After an Uber Car Accident?
Typically, passengers are eligible for compensation if they’re injured in an Uber accident. Uber covers passengers in Jeanerette, Louisiana, if they sustain injuries in an accident. Passengers are protected from the point the driver accepts the trip, picks them up, and until drop off.
All parties involved are covered by a commercial insurance policy worth $1 million during the Uber ride. The driver’s auto insurance, together with Uber’s limited liability coverage, intends to provide adequate protection to any injured party.
However, if the driver of another vehicle is liable, their auto insurance would be primarily responsible for compensating you for damages and injuries.
Damages You Can Claim After an Uber Accident
The value of an Uber injury case is determined by two factors: liability (who was responsible for your injuries) and damages. Damages paid by insurance companies refer to the amount of money given to compensate for a personal injury claim.
Your damages might include monetary compensation for:
- Present and Future Medical Care: After being hurt in an Uber accident, you might be entitled to financial compensation based on medical expenses incurred. Your Jeanerette Uber accident lawyer will determine the value of your medical expenses on present and future medical care. Future medical expenses cover any disability that needs lifelong medication and physical therapy.
- Loss of Earning Capacity or Lost Income: If your ability to work was affected, you might be entitled to lost income compensation. These damages cover lost revenue during the recovery period and the loss of earning capacity due to disability. You can be forced to an early retirement due to disability or take a lower-paying job that you can perform.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering can’t be easily estimated, unlike lost income and medical expenses, which can easily be quantified. However, pain and suffering play a big part in determining your injury claim. Pain and suffering include anxiety, physical pain and discomfort, depression, and loss of inability to perform specific tasks due to your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
Filing an injury claim against Uber is challenging due to multiple insurance policies and unclear rules regarding coverage. You deserve a law firm that will help you navigate complicated insurance policies and laws for the best outcome. If you’ve experienced an Uber-related injury in Jeanerette, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
We offer responsive legal representation and ensure you are compensated for your out-of-pocket expenses. Call us today for a free case review.