Rideshare passengers aren’t the only ones needing help after an accident. Drivers can also be injured during an accident. If you’re a Lyft or an Uber driver, you have a right to pursue compensation for loss of property or medical bills. Contact our Jeanerette rideshare accident lawyer so you can get the help you need to receive compensation from the liable party.
The lawyer will offer legal advice, collect evidence, prove negligence, negotiate with the insurer, and present you in court if the insurance company is not ready to pay your claim.
Why Hire a Jeanerette Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
Ridesharing accidents can happen anywhere and anytime, but some circumstances can complicate matters, especially when it comes to determining the party at fault. Whether the rideshare accident was due to another driver’s negligence, or you were partly at fault, you might still have a right to seek compensation for injuries and other damages. If you’re a rideshare driver or passenger, it’s you should contact a Jeanerette rideshare accident lawyer for legal counsel after an accident.
Your lawyer will compute the value of your claim based on the following:
- Medical expenses used to treat your injuries
- Lost wages
- Disability and disfigurement
- Vehicle damages
- Wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
According to Insurance Research Council (IRC), injury victims working with a lawyer recovered 40% more money than victims who dealt with insurance companies alone.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Jeanerette, call (337) 777-7777
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
Here are the steps to follow if you’re involved in an Uber or Lyft accident as the driver:
- Seek Medical Treatment Immediately: Call 911 directly, and the 911 operator will send an ambulance to the accident scene. Don’t delay calling for help since the injuries may worsen. The medics that arrive at the location will determine the seriousness of the injuries and send you to the hospital. The medical professional will provide documentation of your treatment, which is used as evidence in your claim case.
- Collect Evidence: After you receive medical care, ensure you recall all the crucial details of the accident. If the health professional decides your injuries are minor, you can gather evidence at the accident scene. You can collect the other driver’s insurance information and contact details, take photos of your injuries and the vehicles involved, and collect the contact information of witnesses for future follow-up.
- Contact a Rideshare Accident Lawyer: The lawyer will examine your case and advise if you’re eligible for compensation. Then, your lawyer will help you build a strong injury claim against the insurance company.
- Decide if You Want to Pursue a Rideshare Claim: If our lawyer determines your case is eligible, we will also advise you to file for a rideshare claim, which is entirely up to you. The lawyer will give you professional advice, including the benefits of pursuing rideshare compensation since your car insurance might not cover specific damages.
Jeanerette Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Requirements for Working as a Driver in a Rideshare Company
Before hiring drivers, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft require them to meet specific standards to ensure the safety of their clients. Here are some requirements a driver must meet to work for a rideshare company:
- Meet the required minimum age; for example, the age requirement for Lyft drivers is at least 25 years of age, but for Uber, the drivers’ age must meet or exceed the minimum age requirement of the city in which they work
- Have a valid driver’s license and proof of residency in your state or city
- Have proof of vehicle insurance
- Have at minimum one year of licensed driving experience, but Uber requires three years of licensed driving if the driver is younger than 25 years
- Pass a safety screening or background check to review your driving history and criminal record.
In addition, a vehicle used for ridesharing services must meet specific standards. For instance, the vehicle must be less than 10-15 years old and must be a four-door vehicle in a roadworthy condition. Drivers are also allowed to rent a vehicle to use for ridesharing services.
Can a Driver Continue Working for a Rideshare Company After Making a Claim?
Uber and Lyft drivers are always afraid of losing their jobs if they file a claim against their employer, the rideshare company. These drivers depend on the rideshare income to fend for themselves and their families. You will not be disciplined if you bring a valid claim against the rideshare company.
Rideshare companies usually pay their insurance companies to cover incidents where their drivers have valid claims, and they have no reason to punish their drivers by firing them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Insurance Coverage by Rideshare Companies
Here are categories of insurance provided by rideshare companies for their drivers:
- Uninsured or Underinsured Driver Bodily Injury Coverage: This coverage pays for the driver’s injuries if the accident occurs during a trip or another driver without sufficient insurance is at fault. The coverage also covers a hit-and-run accident involving a rideshare vehicle.
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: This covers a third party who sustained injuries and property damages from a rideshare accident. It covers something or someone who is not the driver, passenger, or vehicle. The auto liability insurance pays the other driver if a rideshare driver causes a rear-end collision.
- Contingent Collision and Comprehensive Coverage: A rideshare company provides collision and comprehensive coverage (if you also carry comprehensive collision coverage on your car insurance policy) during the time you’re picking your up passenger or have a passenger. A rideshare company won’t provide coverage if you don’t have collision and comprehensive coverage on your car.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Rideshare accidents can lead to life-changing injuries, and drivers can also lose their jobs due to disability. Although you might be eligible for compensation, insurance coverage for rideshare accidents can be complicated. If you were in such an accident recently, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for legal help.
Our Jeanerette rideshare accident lawyers will collect evidence to establish liability for the incident and apply knowledge from similar claims to deliver a fair settlement. We will strive to get you the compensation you deserve for injuries and property damages. Call us today for a free case review.