Many people in Erath depend on Lyft as a safe and convenient option for their transportation needs. Unfortunately, Lyft accidents do happen. If you suffered injuries or property damage in a Lyft accident, you should consult an Erath Lyft accident lawyer immediately for legal guidance.
With the help of a qualified Erath Lyft accident lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while we work on your compensation claim.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents
The aftermath of a Lyft accident can lead to hefty medical bills, loss of income, and even life-long injuries. Here are some of the most common reasons for Lyft accidents:
1. Driving Under Influence (DUI)
Even though strict policies warn Lyft drivers of severe consequences, DUIs remain a major cause of accidents. As a passenger, it is difficult to tell when your driver is too impaired to drive, leading to a severe accident or even a fatality.
2. Distracted Driving
Lyft drivers rely on an app to see ride requests, the passenger’s direction, and destination. For this reason, they frequently take their eyes off the road or take their hands off the wheel to operate the app. This constant distraction can sometimes lead to an accident.
3. Aggressive Driving
When it comes to online cab-hailing apps like Lyft, time is of the essence. The policy that the more trips you take, the more money you make can result in aggressive driving tactics. Attempts to rush and make another trip can prove dangerous and lead to accidents.
Other causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Bad road conditions
- Vehicle defects
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Erath, call (337) 777-7777
Am I Entitled to Receive Compensation?
Each Lyft accident is unique, meaning a Lyft accident lawyer will consider the circumstances surrounding your case before they can predict the compensation outcome. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we typically seek compensation for:
- Medical bills and other ongoing medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capability
- Pain and suffering
Remember to contact a Lyft accident lawyer immediately after an accident and avoid speaking to the liable insurance company’s representative alone. This is because the insurance representative is likely to pressure you into accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve.
Erath Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Is a Lyft Accident Settlement Determined?
In the case of a Lyft accident, your accident lawyer will first go through the available evidence and accident reports to determine liability. Even when liability is clear, your Lyft accident settlement will still depend on several factors.
These factors include:
- Your current and future medical needs
- Whether your injuries will require additional coverage for present or future medical expenses and lost income
- The knowledge and track record of your lawyer (lawyers who will go to court can settle claims faster and usually for much more money)
- The negligent Lyft driver’s auto insurance company, adjuster, and defense lawyer
- The at-fault Lyft driver’s liability insurance policy limit
- Your policy limit, especially if you are an “uninsured motorist” or “underinsured motorist.”
In cases as complex as Lyft accidents, you need a lawyer with skills and proven results. Contact an injury lawyer for your claim to get the maximum possible compensation.
Liability for Lyft insurance claims also depends on the driver’s status:
- If the app was off during the accident, then your personal insurance applies
- If the app was on and the Lyft driver was waiting for a ride request, then Lyft insurance covers the accident if personal insurance does not
- If the accident happened while the Lyft driver was driving or was picking up passengers, then Lyft insurance still covers the accident
Is Hiring a Lyft Accident Lawyer Worth It?
Legal matters relating to Lyft accidents can be daunting for anybody. Here are some of the reasons why hiring a lawyer for your Lyft accident is worth it.
- A Lyft accident lawyer understands the damage you have suffered and will factor in all economic and non-economic losses in your claim
- It is easy to lose evidence that may be important to your claim. Our Lyft accident lawyer will ensure evidence is secure and well stored
- The insurance and rideshare companies will attempt to use your lack of experience to offer you less compensation. Our Lyft accident will recognize and negate these attempts and demand the best compensation possible.
- You may be distracted, inexperienced, or unable to handle the workload that comes with a personal injury claim. Our Lyft accident lawyers have handled similar cases and will start working on your claim right away.
- Working with our accident lawyer will give you a better chance at fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Soon Do I Have to File My Claim?
The statute of limitations for all personal injury claims in Louisiana is one year (CC Art. 3492). If you are a victim of a Lyft accident, contact an Erath Lyft accident lawyer immediately to get started on your injury claim. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we have worked with clients to recover over $600 million in settlements. Contact us today and let us start working on your claim immediately.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
If you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you do not have to pay any fee unless we settle your case. Call us today and schedule a free initial consultation and let us work on getting you the maximum compensation for your Lyft accident claim.
How Can Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Help Me Obtain Justice?
In addition to helping you through the negotiations of the claim process, our lawyers can obtain and analyze all important documents relating to your claim. These documents include police reports, medical records, photos, and phone logs.
This information will aid your Erath Lyft accident lawyer in determining if the driver was negligent at the time of the accident. A thorough review of your claim is essential to building a solid case that can give you the compensation you deserve. Remember that many people assigned to your case aim to minimize the insurance company’s loss. For this reason, it is a good idea to have a lawyer look out for your needs.
Lyft accidents typically involve lengthy, time-consuming, and stressful negotiations with different insurance companies. Contact us today for your Lyft accident claim to avoid all these inconveniences. Let us support you as you recover.