You could work with a Delcambre 18-wheeler accident lawyer to seek the best possible outcome in your situation after a truck crash that was someone else’s fault. Whether you got injured or your close relative died from their wounds, we can handle the personal injury or wrongful death claim on your behalf.
How Much Money Should You Accept to Settle Your 18-Wheeler Injury Claim?
The amount of money you should accept to settle your large truck collision injury claim will depend on the facts of your situation. We cannot accurately determine a meaningful settlement before discussing and evaluating your circumstances.
Your economic losses could include things like:
- The medical expenses for treating your injuries. These costs can include the emergency care you received, diagnostic work to determine the best treatment options, surgery, physical therapy, pain management, and other expenses directly related to your wounds.
- Future medical expenses if your treating physician reasonably expects you to need ongoing or additional procedures.
- Past lost wages, including the earnings you did not receive while recuperating from your injuries and undergoing medical treatments.
- Future lost wages could be appropriate if you have a diminished earning capacity because of impairment from your injuries, like chronic pain or a loss of function that affects your job performance.
- Pain and suffering damages can compensate a person for the physical discomfort of their injuries and medical treatment. Also, getting hurt and wondering about the long-term consequences of your injuries is emotionally distressing.
An 18-wheeler accident attorney in Delcambre, Louisiana could also help you pursue a wrongful death claim if your loved one did not survive their injuries from the crash. Potential damages in a wrongful death case include loss of the income the deceased person provided to support the family, the value of the services the decedent performed for the benefit of the household, loss of companionship and guidance, funeral and burial costs, and more.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Delcambre, call (337) 777-7777
How Much Does it Cost to Have an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Delcambre, LA Handle Your Injury Claim?
Our Delcambre 18-wheeler accident lawyers handle big rig collision cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you will not have any upfront legal fees. We work without pay throughout the entire case until the end.
When you win a settlement or jury award, we get paid a percentage of that amount. If you do not win, you do not owe us anything for legal fees.
Delcambre 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Five Pitfalls That Could Derail Your 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Injury Case
Many things could decrease the financial value of your tractor-trailer collision injury claim or prevent you from receiving fair compensation. Here are a few things you should avoid:
- Letting the at-fault driver’s claims adjuster talk you into not working with an attorney. The insurance company probably has dozens of lawyers working on its behalf. They would not spend the money on attorneys if it was not worthwhile to do so. Do not let them put you at a disadvantage by not having a Delcambre 18-wheeler injury lawyer on your claim.
- Accepting a lowball settlement offer. The claims adjuster might throw out a quick, early settlement offer. The offer might sound good until you realize that is the only money you will ever get to pay for your accident-related expenses. Even if you discover more problems later, you can’t go back and ask for more money. All of your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and more, will have to come out of this one check.
- Settling your case too early. Until you complete the medical treatment your doctor prescribed, you won’t know if you will achieve a full recovery from your wounds. You might need additional medical intervention, like surgery or physical therapy. If you already settled your claim, those medical bills will have to come out of your pocket.
- Waiting too long to take legal action. In Louisiana, you have a short window of opportunity for filing lawsuits. For example, you only have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit under CC Art. 3492 or one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit under CC Art. 2315.2. If you do not file your lawsuit on time, you may lose all right to compensation.
Many other things can happen during the claim and litigation process that could decrease the economic value of your claim or derail your case entirely. Our Delcambre 18-wheeler accident attorneys provide legal advice for our clients and help them navigate the potential pitfalls in these cases.
We Get Results in 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Injury Cases
Tractor-trailer collisions can involve severe injuries with massive medical bills and other losses. You deserve to work with a law firm that can win the big cases. Our Delcambre 18-wheeler injury lawyers have won millions of dollars in settlements and judgments for several truck accident victims.
Every case is different, so your injury or wrongful death claim could have a higher or lower dollar amount result than our past cases. We pledge to work relentlessly to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Many of our former clients have been highly satisfied with our services. Here are just a few of the numerous five-star reviews our clients have posted about us on Google:
- “They have been nothing but exceptionally professional. They are very good at what they do. I would [recommend] them to anyone who needed a law firm on [their] side. They get a 5 star rating from me and my son.” -Brandi S.
- “I am very pleased with the services [I’m] receiving… Overall, I would say that I would refer this law firm to anyone who was in need of this type of firm!! Thank you so much for caring how I feel!! I am very humbled that you all care so much!!” -Janie B.
- “I find that from the very day I talked to them they put my health 1st. I really enjoy how easy it is to talk with them and how convenient it is to speak to someone when you need to” -Barbie B.
We are grateful that our clients have taken the time to let other people know where they can find a lawyer who will give them personal attention and get results.
Get Your Free Consultation Now
Contact us today at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a no-cost initial case evaluation. We look forward to helping you with your 18-wheeler accident case.