In July 2019, KATC 3 announced that residents of smaller communities in Louisiana, such as Crowley, could now use Uber (and other rideshare services). Previously, these ridesharing companies could only operate in Louisiana’s bigger cities, such as Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and New Orleans.
While many Crowley residents have been excited to use this new transportation option, with ridesharing services come inevitable accidents. If you were involved in a ridesharing accident in Crowley, a Crowley Uber accident lawyer from our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Uber: A Popular Way to Get Around
Uber has expanded rapidly since its beginnings in 2009. The ridesharing company spotted gaps in the market that private cars, public transportation, and established cab companies didn’t fill. It is not always convenient to use your car, public transport works on a set schedule, and cabs are not always available.
But Uber will send a driver wherever you want, whenever you want. You can book a ride through an app on your cellphone, and the service is fairly priced. Uber is not just convenient for passengers. It also offers drivers a way to earn some money by working in their free time. Many drivers find that working for Uber is a simple and lucrative side job.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Crowley, call (337) 777-7777
What If My Uber Driver Is Involved in a Car Accident?
Uber’s level of liability depends on the driver’s status at the time of a car accident.
The Uber Driver Is Waiting for a Ride Request
If the driver is logged on to the Uber app, but they have not received a ride request yet, Uber offers limited insurance coverage in the following amounts to cover an accident:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
Note that this coverage typically only applies if the driver’s personal insurance will not cover the accident.
The Uber Driver Is On Their Way to Pick Up a Passenger or Driving with a Passenger in Their Car
If the Uber driver is in the middle of completing a ride, whether on their way to pick up a passenger or delivering the passenger to their desired destination, Uber offers a $1 million third-party liability insurance policy to cover accidents.
So, if you were an Uber passenger at the time of the accident, you may file a claim with this policy to cover your injuries and other damages.
The Rideshare App Is Off
If the driver is logged out of the Uber app, their personal car insurance applies in an accident. Uber does not hold any liability in this situation.
Crowley Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Legal Representation in Crowley
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers proudly serve those in the Crowley area. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients and have years of experience helping people in your situation. Our goal is to help you get fair compensation to cover all your damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has an office close to Crowley in Lafayette and offices in Alexandria, Marksville, and New Orleans. We are a Louisiana firm that looks after Louisiana people!
Can You Represent Yourself?
Many people who choose to represent themselves in a legal case do so because they believe hiring an attorney will cost too much money. This is an understandable concern—after an accident, you might face a lot of expenses (such as medical bills), and you are likely unable to go to work. You don’t want to add legal bills to the list.
The good news is that the first consultation with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is free and places you under no obligation. Better yet, if you choose to hire us, you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket for legal representation. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you will pay nothing until your case is won or settled. You have nothing to lose!
If you still choose to represent yourself, keep in mind:
- Legal cases are complicated. You must follow certain procedures during a claim or lawsuit. Hiring a lawyer ensures you don’t risk having your case dismissed on a technicality.
- You will need to be an experienced negotiator. The other parties involved will employ representatives who know the ropes and will bargain hard to reduce your compensation.
- You will need to spend a lot of time and effort on your case. If you have been hurt, it may be better to spend your time recovering and getting your life back on track instead of arguing with insurance companies and researching the intricacies of personal injury law.
- You may undervalue your claim. Many people undervalue the amount they can claim. You will undoubtedly claim for your medical expenses and loss of earnings, but you can also claim for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages, which are abstract and hard to put a monetary figure on. A personal injury attorney will know how to calculate an appropriate amount that values your losses accurately.
- You may accept a settlement that is too low. If an insurance company offers you a quick settlement, think twice before accepting it. These initial offers are usually for a lot less than your case is worth.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Help You After an Uber Accident?
Once you ask us to represent you, we will investigate your case. We will gather evidence, talk to the other involved parties, and interview witnesses. We will then calculate the amount you can claim and prepare your case. We will keep you fully informed at all times.
It makes sense to ensure that you protect your rights and interests in any personal injury claim. The best way to do this is through professional representation. This is especially true as you go through the stress that your accident caused.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. During this initial conversation, we will evaluate your case and advise whether you should proceed.